Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 10:32 PM

29,378 posts, read 16,297,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

I occasionally hear of straight people who are uncomfortable being around gays - not because they're anti-gay, but because they fear they might say the "wrong thing" when around them. Situations like this reinforce that fear. That's a real shame.
My personal experience is that people who say thing like that seem to be the "Steve Harvey" types .

People who "dont have a problem with gay people" but love to use the word ****** to describe any feminine man.

Also, lets be clear, Trump may not be as hateful as previous Republicans, his stance is stances are still anti LGBT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 10:36 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times
The way the leftwing loonies phase it all the time about their opposition hating gays, you would think it would be the Rightwingnutz, promoting Islam. Instead of them.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The Clinton Foundation has taken money from countries where gay people are killed for being gay.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not insensitive?

Is that being a friend to the LBGT community?
You are wrong.

How is it intensive ?????

Did The Saudi's forget Hillary Clinton was a women, and twice ran for President, She was also a sitting US senator for the majority of the time the Clinton Foundation existed, and the Secretary of State.

The argument that it is incentive to do anything is a fallacy that completely rings hollow. I have never understood why people argue it, especially since we have been(as a nation) selling arms to the middle east for decades.

President Trump just concluded a deal there. Again, the logic to call it intensive doesnt make sense.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:38 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,943,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The way the leftwing loonies phase it all the time about their opposition hating gays, you would think it would be the Rightwingnutz, promoting Islam. Instead of them.
Is there a translation for this available somewhere?

Old 06-08-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
One could easily argue the far left democrat LGBT community is as radical to the left as overzealous religious right is on the Republican side. Both put up a good entertaining show and yell loudly but don't represent either party very well.
No, no.

You cant compare the 2, Gay Leftist groups arent out here killing people,giving them shock therapy,kicking them out of their homes; for being straight.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,567,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why? Do they have Tourette Syndrome? I've never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life. It sounds like a lame excuse being used by people who ARE anti-gay and are too cowardly to say so.
Perhaps you don't have much variety in your circle of social contacts. Most people tend to cluster with their own kind. There are lots of people who are in favor of gay rights, but not entirely comfortable socializing with gays.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:02 AM

14,418 posts, read 22,367,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
One could easily argue the far left democrat LGBT community is as radical to the left as overzealous religious right is on the Republican side. Both put up a good entertaining show and yell loudly but don't represent either party very well.
That is sooo true * 1000!

Old 06-09-2017, 12:09 AM

14,418 posts, read 22,367,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My personal experience is that people who say thing like that seem to be the "Steve Harvey" types .

People who "dont have a problem with gay people" but love to use the word ****** to describe any feminine man.

Also, lets be clear, Trump may not be as hateful as previous Republicans, his stance is stances are still anti LGBT.
Trump is NOT anti gay in any shape or form. He could care less. He is as far from racist, anti Muslim, anti gay anti women anti anything. As long as they benefit his business, USA, the economy and bla bla bla. He is probably the LEAST racist president we ever had.

Saying all that, I still don't like him due to his personality.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:27 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,035,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The Clinton Foundation has taken money from countries where gay people are killed for being gay.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not insensitive?

Is that being a friend to the LBGT community?
WTH do the Clintons have to do with the topic at hand? You people are obsessed.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:34 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,440,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upa Times View Post
This administration has been anti-gay from the beginning because they are pandering to their conservative base. Pence is not known for being gay friendly

The president has signed executive orders that affect negatively gay people. If they feel left out they can organize their own parade and maybe invite Milo yanopolus or whatever his name was.
Well you're kinda treating them like they are individuals instead of a herd of gaytle. Kinda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies