Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are the Trump scandals worse than Watergate?
Yes 33 33.33%
Maybe 19 19.19%
No 47 47.47%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:48 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
"Maybe", because as usual, you guys are rushing to judgement before the FBI investigation has been completed.
Just me, I think the issues at stake (foreign meddling in election, "pay for play" by president family/staff) are way bigger. But hey, YMMV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 06:20 AM

421 posts, read 287,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Apples to oranges, buddy. Absolutely no comparison. Time for Dems and the MSM to lick their wounds and move on.
Time is almost up for trump ,he should resign.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:23 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Pizzagate makes Watergate look like somebody caught copying homework in grammar school.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:30 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
I voted "maybe"...but because I think the scandals are the result of many powerful politicians in general, not just the current President.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:34 AM

421 posts, read 287,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Pizzagate makes Watergate look like somebody caught copying homework in grammar school.

You know that was proven false and made up by your favorite maker of false news ,Breitbart.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:35 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
there is nothing in the investigation. some MI6 agent fabricated a dossier about trump, and the democrats ran with it and are getting their butts whipped. comey has said a number of times that trump was NOT the focus of the investigation, but this investigation has also been going on since trump accepted the republican nomination for president.

if there was ANYTHING to this, the obama administration wold have released it by now through various leaks to the press, but nothing has been released. also note that we have actual transcripts of trump talking to world leaders, because those WERE released to the press, as were the recordings of those conversations. so if those were released, and if there really is proof that trump or someone in the trump campaign did anything wrong, why are THOSE transcripts not being released?

clinton lost the election that she felt she should have won, because everyone kept saying that trump had absolutely no shot to win, and when she lost she started blaming everyone but herself, the russians, comey, and what 17 other reasons she lost?

if there really was something to these allegations, the evidence would be presented by now, and there is none. times are completely different from the early 70s, and technology is also different. back then it was harder to tap phones and record those taps. today it is fairly simple to do.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
I feel the Russian interference is worse than Watergate and that if members of the Trump campaign were communicating with Russia and in a position to influence our country through the President's staff, then it is much worse than Watergate.

On Trump himself, I honestly don't know if he, himself colluded with the Russians on what they were attempting to do. I am inclined he personally was not. However, I do think him firing Comey was him obstructing justice. I think Trump was trying to protect his people and indirectly himself by firing Comey and that that is the same as Nixon.

I honestly find it very odd that so many of his supporters are so willing to overlook the fact that he fired the FBI director because said director couldn't promise Trump loyalty and wouldn't stop the investigation.

I believe Comey about Trump and think that Trump has committed a crime just by him firing Comey during the investigation. Trump also admitted via his tweets that he fired him over the investigation then tried to make up other stuff. Trump's issues are different so I put "maybe" but the more I think about it they are basically the same but the investigation's focus - the Russian interference in our election process, is much much worse than Watergate IMO.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:39 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
"Maybe", because as usual, you guys are rushing to judgement before the FBI investigation has been completed.
This is why I voted "maybe."

The investigation is not complete so we don't know of Trump's involvement.

However, the Russian interference IMO did happen. It is odd to me that people around here are still acting like it didn't when both parties admit that it did.

Them not releasing "evidence" like another poster said is because the investigation is ongoing. So the involvement of the Trump campaign is not entirely known at the moment.

But for me, Trump firing Comey was just way too much and IMO it was him attempting to stop the investigation and that that could be seen as an obstruction of justice depending on how the investigation turns now and what is eventually discovered/released.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:46 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This is why I voted "maybe."

The investigation is not complete so we don't know of Trump's involvement.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:46 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
What scandals?
We'll get to the bottom of this while the Trump cheetos munchers stay mute, blind and dumb. That's fine. The one great thing about this whole scandal is that it's preoccupying the republicans and they hardly have any strength to push through any of their rich people first agenda. The senate will take forever to come up with a repeal and replace that is acceptable, and forget about budget or tax reform or anything else. This trump disease will stall anything the US does for the next one or two years and it's be dumped on the republicans' head and then we can proceed in 2018 04 2020. Trump will have nothing to show for his adventure into politics except for a crappy bad name for himself and his whole family.

I think the ideal situation is to keep trump and the republicans off balanced and not quite impeached because the best possible situation as of now is to keep trump crazy and unfocused, but in office and keep pence out of the president's seat because he is even more shady and dangerous. Drag this out to 2018 and 2020, regain the government and the presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies