Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 10:01 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Yes I started a thread about this yesterday

The house gutted Dodd-Frank today

And yes the Senate will hopefully change it, but we should be worried that ALL house members thought this was an okay bill.
It's astounding how irresponsible the House is these days. Passed Trumpcare. House Intelligence committee hearings are a mess. Now this.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:07 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Good, if it pisses the Left off I love it.
Even if your finances are ruined by a crooked banker it'll be okay with you because at least the Left is pissed? It's extremely difficult to retire on "the Left is pissed" funds for most people.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:11 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
if thats what you liberals want.
Hate to break it to you but this bill was passed by a Republican controlled House. So, tell me again why this is a liberal desire?

Old 06-09-2017, 10:12 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
All this delight in imagining how upset liberals are with GOP shenanigans reminds me of boys who go around playgrounds trying to upset others, getting pleasure out of making younger kids cry, getting teachers to admonish them, etc.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
One thought about this, I don't believe the citizens would put up with another bailout. I do believe there'd be pitchforks and torches parading in front of the White House,Congress and Wall Street should they try this again. I also believe it would kill the U.S. currency one and for all.
No one asked the citizens the last time either. Instead they sent people in front of the TV cameras to say there will food riots on the streets if they don't bail out the banks. They will use the same fear-games again.

Its crazy to let the banks do what they want again.

Thomas Jefferson - "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.... I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Old 06-09-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
So, you are stating an opinion and you are claiming your opinion to be without partisanship?
That's right.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:03 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
When the bottom falls out again, i wonder how the Republicans are going to pin that on Obama or Hillary???

Old 06-09-2017, 11:04 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are making this weird argument that all opinions are based on party affiliation ( that is what partisan means).

That is obviously not true, and exactly why you are wrong. There are people who blindly follow party lines, but you have in no way shown anyone to be doing that.

at best, your argument should be that he is biased based on his ideology, not party.

this portion of your post has the same problem as the first, but it is even worse so because the other power clearly said making the left mad is a plus.

That is partisan, and you are either defending it, or negating it because you would rather go after the OP for an opinion, that as of now, has not hint of partisanship.

You trying to defend that other post however, makes you look extremely partisan.
You did not rebut any of my points with any actual evidence of logic. You simply called me wrong, dismissed and then moved on.

This makes you partisan.

See, I can just call something as such and not use logic of evidence to defend it.

You go ahead and pat yourself on the back, though be careful I am sure it is a little sore.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are making this weird argument that all opinions are based on party affiliation ( that is what partisan means).

That is obviously not true, and exactly why you are wrong. There are people who blindly follow party lines, but you have in no way shown anyone to be doing that.
He is a true partisan, and to a true partisan EVERYTHING is about the party, and whatever arguments they do not like, are labeled as "partisan' (of the opposite side). There is no reasoning with such people.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
When the bottom falls out again, i wonder how the Republicans are going to pin that on Obama or Hillary???
Or Barney Franks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies