Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 05:46 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Just repeating stuff that has been around for a long time. But you would discount because it is corporate owned MSM.

Pay attention. It's all out there.
You do realize that if the tables were flipped around and the conservatives were spouting this stuff, you'd be crying conspiracy theory at the top of your lungs, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 06:15 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
One member of my family, a brother, is a conspiracy nut. He thinks it's all the Zionist Jew bankers fault. That's enough.

I was a Bircher hanger on for some time. Not card carrying. I know about conspiracy theories.

My English major kids inform me there are only 7 plots to all novels written. We can take a specific set of circumstances and build all kinds of stories.

I do not believe the Russians colluded with Trump. I do think they have their reasons to influence our government. Just like ours guys have influenced more governments than can be listed. It really doesn't take much. Just tell American shoppers that grapes from Chile are tainted.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:20 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
If Russia wanted to influence the US elections, it would have been Hillary they helped being they already knew she could be bought. They liked doing business with her when she was Secretary of State.
Nah, It is all personal. The Russians hate the Clinton's. It is a personal thing. Look the entire world is high school all over again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jun/13/balkans5

Old 06-09-2017, 06:21 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i have searched but i cannot find the answer to my question. i'm sure it's here buried somewhere in a long thread. doing a search doesn't really help because all words used to search are just too general...russia interference, u.s. elections, trump, clinton, and combo's of some of those words, etc. so i apologize if this has been discussed and i just can't find it. and i'm also sorry if this is a dumb question.

i am confused about why, exactly, russia would interfere in our presidential elections. what was the goal? they didn't want clinton to win? if so, why exactly? they wanted trump to win? if so, why exactly? and how did they interfere? what was done? and who did it?
This is another example of the why why why theme.

The goal is to tire out people from replying again and again .

Then they will declare victory because no one replies.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So since they're not so stupid as to leave their fingerprints all over the place, how do you know they didn't interfere?
There was no tampering with ballots or ballot boxes. The only person who benefited from the release of DNC e-mails was Bernie Sanders, who was getting rail-roaded.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:35 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post

i am genuinely curious what people think. i am really trying to figure out what is going on. but thanks for trying to make me look stupid! snarky comments for no reason are great!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:42 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i am genuinely curious what people think. i am really trying to figure out what is going on. but thanks for trying to make me look stupid! snarky comments for no reason are great!
nevermind. i'm not taking this personal. i see what you posted in another thread to someone else about "why why why".

you don't even know anything about me or what i believe. you're just being not nice!

Last edited by beachie123; 06-09-2017 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: changed a word!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:49 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The primary goal was to get sanctions eased, & more generally to destabilize their foes/the west.
Got it right off the bat, well done

Thing is Putin probably had a few things on his list, sanctions being number 1, and I would guess he also wanted to cause more a rift between Americans and to discredit this Nation in the eyes of the world by helping and idiot get into the WH that he knew would screw up, especially with our NATO allies. So among just those three he managed to accomplish at least two of the goals.
Now the question arises, now that getting the sanctions lifted are unlikely, the GOP would not stand for it after the Russian hacking attempts, what will Putin do next? Let it ride for a while as we fight among ourselves, or throw trump to the wolves buy admitting trump was involved or by releasing something vile and ugly thing that he has on trump? Interesting days ahead, it is going to be one very bumpy ride.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:58 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Nah, It is all personal. The Russians hate the Clinton's. It is a personal thing. Look the entire world is high school all over again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/jun/13/balkans5
Why, exactly, would the Russians "hate the Clintons"? They had bought the Clinton's decades ago. Hillary was responsible for selling them 20% of America's uranium and helping them get access to mineral rights on American soil. They had given her some $150 million. It doesn't make any sense that they would want her to fail in her run for president.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why, exactly, would the Russians "hate the Clintons"? They had bought the Clinton's decades ago. Hillary was responsible for selling them 20% of America's uranium and helping them get access to mineral rights on American soil. They had given her some $150 million. t doesn't make any sense that they would want her to fail in her run for president.
They had a more gullible sock puppet that they could control, why would they try using those they know will not reward them as well as someone that thinks far more of his skills than everyone knows he does not have. Putin is laughing his arse off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies