Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 02:35 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

It is all such nonsense. During the Comey hearing it was suggested the Russian hacking trolls took to the internet as early as 2015 to stir up trouble. What did they do? Did they plant fake stories about Hillary, about Trump that the Lefty media was more than happy to pick up and run with?

I asked a friend who is a Liberal what was his take on the scandal and he said years ago Trump turned to a Russian bank for the financing of a big deal that no other bank would give him due to his bankruptcies and that somehow made him a puppet to Putin. WHAT? I know I am in no way beholden to my bank for my mortgage.

The only thing that the Russians may have done is to hack into Hillarys private server but then again wasn't everyone?
It was so funny when Trump was going on about the missing 30,000 emails and he suggested Russia might have them. The Left flipped out because it was probably true.

The big question is why would Putin want a loose cannon like Trump in charge when Hillary has proved that show is willing to play ball and all it takes is a donation to her foundation....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 02:40 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,344,654 times
None of what you say excuses him IF, and it's a big IF, he was made aware of the Russian influence and did nothing about it.

Gawd forbid he was informed by a Russian, that's jail time.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:11 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Good point.

I am still waiting for someone to explain HOW the Russians influenced the election. I mean, other than the fact that a Russian followed me into the voting booth and told me to vote for Trump, HOW did they change the outcome?

Did they hack into Hillary's illegal and insecure email server? (You know, the one she hid behind the washer and dryer?) Actually, Wikileaks claims that their info came from an insider, someone like Seth Rich. Why hasn't there be OUTRAGE from the Dems that his assassin has yet to be caught? And even more important, WHO hired that assassin? Seth was a Dem.
No. The allegation (not even an allegation at this point, it's accepted as true) that Russian operatives hacked into the DNC and RNC email servers, and then leaked only the DNC emails to hurt Clinton.

They also hacked into some voter databases, and used the info to target particular voters (tagged as potential swing votes) with anti-Hillary propaganda.

They were also the source of a lot of the viral fake news that was flying around Facebook, etc. in the run up to the election, and employed people to post anti-Hillary stuff on the internet.

None of that is reaaly disputed. They've done this kind of thing before to other countries. What is at issue, because of the frequent amount of contact between members of the Trump team and various Russian operatives, is whether or not those folks knew any of that was going on and/or helped. Trump himself was not suspected of anything so far, it's really more members of his team.

Since Russia's standard M.O. also includes bribing or blackmailing people close to world leaders in order to buy influnce, there is also some additional concern about the people around Trump. Some of of them have deep ties to Russia and are suspected to have lied about those ties. Russia will also do this with world leaders directly if they can, so there is some desire to check out trump himself though I've never had the impression anything had ever been found there. I know Manafort was an early concern especially after all the anti Russia stuff disappeared from the Republican platform.

I may have dropped a detail here or there, but that's about it. I blame the media for all the confusion though.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:17 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Good point.

I am still waiting for someone to explain HOW the Russians influenced the election. I mean, other than the fact that a Russian followed me into the voting booth and told me to vote for Trump, HOW did they change the outcome?

Did they hack into Hillary's illegal and insecure email server? (You know, the one she hid behind the washer and dryer?) Actually, Wikileaks claims that their info came from an insider, someone like Seth Rich. Why hasn't there be OUTRAGE from the Dems that his assassin has yet to be caught? And even more important, WHO hired that assassin? Seth was a Dem.
When HillARY GOT SICK At the outdoor function. The aBOUT 100,000 cHECHNIN HAckers started posting that she was to ill to serve.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:12 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
If Trump is found to have conspired with Putin to rig the U.S. election then it would be Democrats fault?

OK, I guess. Don't understand the "why" but I guess desperate people do desperate things.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:47 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post

Gone Baby, Gone It's the new MAGA.
I like that. Somebody needs to print some hats that say that.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:20 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,122 times
Don't underestimate the Russians.

I definitely believe they'd had a hand, and it's not because they're Pro-Trump. It's about sowing unrest, doesn't matter which party, which president.

I do believe they had a grudge against Hillary, but that's okay, so did I. But they're not Pro-Trump, if anything it works in their favor to support groups that are anti-trump like the ANTIFA/Black Bloc goons. That's all it's about, weakening us from within.

Demoralization.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:08 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Even supposing that this Russia messing with our elections stuff IS true, wouldn't that mean that Obama and his administration failed to take the security measures necessary to stop it?

I mean, if a Republican administration had made such a gaffe, they'd be hearing it non-stop from the media, etc. I mean, the Dems leave classified servers in barns and somehow let the Russians hack our elections and nobody bothers to question why Obama and his regime were so terrible with national security?

We have leakers all over the place and somehow they were unable to find anyone (the first person I think they found was Reality Winner, and that was the Trump administration that caught them).

Snowden was able to escape to Russia and Assange was able to make fools of them and appears to have gotten away with it.

They make us a laughingstock due to how our national security has gone downhill and, yet, all the Democrat media, yes, that's what they are, can talk about is Trump and Flynn and Russia.

And BTW, Trump let Flynn go. Who the heck did Obama let go for their mess ups? That's right, nobody!
"wouldn't that mean that Obama and his administration failed to take the security measures necessary to stop it?"

The dems NEVER take responsibility for their OWN actions.

It is ALWAYS someone else's fault

Old 06-12-2017, 05:10 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
trump could literally wipe the constitution and the declaration with his butt, convert to islam, rape a transgender, and he'd still be untouchable and his base would praise him for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUg7O7dXuQs
"trump could literally wipe the constitution and the declaration with his butt,"

It was Obama who did this, which is why he was overturned by the SC MORE times then any other President.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!

Old 06-12-2017, 08:38 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"wouldn't that mean that Obama and his administration failed to take the security measures necessary to stop it?"

The dems NEVER take responsibility for their OWN actions.

It is ALWAYS someone else's fault
Republicans NEVER take responsibility for their own actions. It's ALWAYS Hillary or Obama's fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies