Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 12:38 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,234,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Then please explain why Sharia is being practiced in some areas, right now.
Define what you mean: What exactly do you mean by "Sharia", what do you mean by its "being practiced", and what do you mean by "some areas".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 12:42 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It would be a law against a religion.
Let me say that again:

"... a law banning consideration of foreign and religious laws in judicial proceedings."

IOW, when a case comes before a court of law, "It's our religion" would not be a reason to consider an action that otherwise would have been prohibited.

Right now, courts do consider such factors, and that argument is gaining momentum from those thinking, "Well, if it's their tradition, who are we to judge?"

Old 06-12-2017, 12:56 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Here's my version of what you libs are saying on this thread:

People bringing attention to Sharia Law - Bad, bad, evil, hateful people
People practicing Sharia Law - do whatever you want as long as I can't see it, it really doesn't bother me.

No wonder I have a hard time agreeing with you people!

Old 06-12-2017, 12:58 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post

People practicing Sharia Law - do whatever you want as long as I can't see it, it really doesn't bother me.

Well said !!!

Old 06-12-2017, 01:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Let me say that again:

"... a law banning consideration of foreign and religious laws in judicial proceedings."

IOW, when a case comes before a court of law, "It's our religion" would not be a reason to consider an action that otherwise would have been prohibited.

Right now, courts do consider such factors, and that argument is gaining momentum from those thinking, "Well, if it's their tradition, who are we to judge?"
Courts should be able to consider such factors. That does not translate to, "Well, if it's their tradition, who are we to judge?" We are to judge because we are a nation of laws, and laws that protect us have to be enforced. The courts aren't thinking, "Well, if female genital mutilation is a tradition, then that's okay." And suggesting that they are thinking this is nothing more than fear-mongering.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Here's my version of what Islamaphobes are saying on this thread:

I should be able to misrepresent Sharia Law any way I want to, because I'm an American and I hate Islam!

I want to make broad accusations, without foundation, because spreading ignorance and fear about a religion I hate is my end goal.

No wonder I have a hard time agreeing with you people.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:07 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Here's my version of what Islamaphobes are saying on this thread:

I should be able to misrepresent Sharia Law any way I want to, because I'm an American and I hate Islam!

I want to make broad accusations, without foundation, because spreading ignorance and fear about a religion I hate is my end goal.

No wonder I have a hard time agreeing with you people.
And there you have it folks!

I guess you didn't read one of my posts saying that I have Muslim friends and they are against Sharia Law also.

So are they hateful and Islamophobic too???

Old 06-12-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
And there you have it folks!

I guess you didn't read one of my posts saying that I have Muslim friends and they are against Sharia Law also.

So are they hateful and Islamophobic too???
Are they posters on this thread?

Because I'm pretty certain the goalposts (set by YOU) was posters on this thread.

And there you have it folks, another Islamaphobe changing the goalposts!

Old 06-12-2017, 01:17 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Anti Sharia law marches taking place across the country today.
Well, how did it go?

Old 06-12-2017, 01:18 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Not really clear on the point of these. We already have laws. We have federal and state laws.

None of them are religious laws.

So, what are these marches about?

I expect similar marches to complain whenever states try to pass Christian laws, too.

Constitution forbids them.
Conservatives absolutely love crapping their panties over non-existent problems:

-Widespread voter fraud.
-Widespread drug abuse among welfare users.
-Undocumented immigrants raping and murdering across small-town America.
-Planned Parenthood being a front for being an abortion factory selling baby parts to the highest bidder.
-Sharia Law spreading across small-town America.
-Transgender people molesting women and children in bathrooms everywhere.
-Democrats and liberals secretly working with the Clintons to destroy America.
-Any agreements with foreign nations automatically put the US at a distinct disadvantage meant to destroy the jobs of small-town America.
-Liberals want to ban guns and go house to house to take them from law-abiding owners.
-BENGHAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.
-White people face the most discrimination and racism of any demographic in human history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies