Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 07:34 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Commissioning of the USS Gabrielle Giffords today what a great speech she gave.

If the left is true to form they will savage her for supporting America, the military and having a ship named in her honor.

"Hope" ( there is that dirty word again ) some one will post her speech for all to see when it is available.
So being liberal automatically means hating America? Did it ever occur to you that some of us don't go to Canada or France or wherever because we love this country? We don't see patriotism merely in terms of "my team, right or wrong".

Same thing with the military. Of course we want a strong defense. Which politician in any country does not? I, for one, would love America to have a Space Force. But I'm not gonna support starting one now because I see no credible reason to have one. It's a matter of priorities. For all its respect-worthness, the military is essentially Sovereignty Insurance. Just as paying too much for your car or homeowners insurance denies you the opportunities to spend that money on other necessary things, likewise the same for the military vs education, infrastructure, health, etc.

Ship named after her - here I agree. Unless the person is a former President, I don't agree with naming ships, buildings, etc. after living individuals. Too many opportunities for corruption and "propaganda by the naming" of one form or another.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Surprise!!! It appears that it is not the Left that has their knickers in a twist about this but the usual cast of angry characters.
No kidding! It will also be noted that her well known stance on firearm controls will be the root cause of all the bullcrap headed her way from the retarded right.

Last edited by BruSan; 06-10-2017 at 07:47 PM..

Old 06-10-2017, 07:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
What is disgusting is naming a warship after that anti american anti gun POS. I hope patriotic sailors refuse to serve aboard her.
I hope those misanthropes get put before the mast! Checkmate.

An American calling another American a POS because she publicly advocates some form of gun control after being shot in the face and suffering brain damage by a nutjob with a gun ......whose the real POS in this scenario?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies