Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 03:50 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,735,270 times

Advertisements

I've been saying that I think she has been ill (not sarcastically) for at least a year. She constantly forgets mid-sentence what she's talking about. A few days ago she literally called Trump "President Bush". She was reminded after a long pause that he isn't, so she tried to cover by saying "I can't even say it", but the fact is she totally forgot.

Note Waters reaction at that moment.

This is happening more and more with her. I was the primary caregiver to a parent with Alzheimers and Pelosi is displaying the early signs of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 04:00 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
She needs to go, like yesterday. I'm starting to wonder a bit about McCain as well, he was sorta weird at the Comey testimony, wasn't making a whole lot of sense at times. I think even Comey was sorta feeling that way as well with his line of questioning.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:02 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,364,322 times
I don't know. Does she have a family history of dementia like Trump?

Old 06-10-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I don't know. Does she have a family history of dementia like Trump?
Would we know if she did? Of course not. She is almost 80 years old, and has been displaying the signs of it.

Aren't there enough Trump threads for you?

Old 06-10-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Funny how some make every thread about him. Aren't there enough bash Trump threads for you to actually stay on topic?
Oh c'mon. This is a blatantly partisan thread. Anyone who spent time around the Elderly know the signs of Dementia and Alzheimers. Forgetfulness and misspeaking is common in the elderly and is not necessarily a sign of either.

I would also add that my comment about family history is relevant to issues of Dementia and Alzheimers.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Oh c'mon. This is a blatantly partisan thread. Anyone who spent time around the Elderly know the signs of Dementia and Alzheimers. Forgetfulness and misspeaking is common in the elderly and is not necessarily a sign of either.

I would also add that my comment about family history is relevant to issues of Dementia and Alzheimers.
You're reading in your own partisan nonsense into this. You brought Trump into it immediately. Please notice that before you responded I had edited the way I responded to you.

Aren't you even the slightest bit concerned that she is showing these signs? I'm fairly certain I'd be concerned if any congressman was, no matter what letter defined them. This just happens to be the HML (D). Chowhound is right, McCain has been a bit wonky as well, but at least he can pronounce common words and remembers who the President is.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:18 PM

You mentioned Trump in your OP!!!

Old 06-10-2017, 04:19 PM

7,469 posts, read 6,184,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
i've been saying that i think she has been ill (not sarcastically) for at least a year. She constantly forgets mid-sentence what she's talking about. A few days ago she literally called trump "president bush". She was reminded after a long pause that he isn't, so she tried to cover by saying "i can't even say it", but the fact is she totally forgot.

note waters reaction at that moment.

This is happening more and more with her. I was the primary caregiver to a parent with alzheimers and pelosi is displaying the early signs of it.
yes.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:20 PM

37,942 posts, read 17,724,642 times
Shes been a horses%#t speaker for quite a while.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
You mentioned Trump in your OP!!!
WOW!

All credibility lost now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies