Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:16 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,033 times

Advertisements

Sad reading how so many take glee in someone's fall, especially someone who's done as much good as Eliot Spitzer.

Organized crime & Wall Street excesses are American problems, and Spitzer successfully prosecuted many of those cases. We need far more Eliot Spitzers, both Republican and Democrat.

I have to say I'm disappointed in him. If he does resign, at least he'll show the integrity that the Vitters and Craigs of this world lack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 07:21 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
1. Grasping at straws was about your remark about Hillary "joining in" etc. and yes, I do believe you are grasping at straws.
2. Never said the Republicans have a corner on the market, did I?
Grasping at straws? I made no claims, only demonstrating that you really don't know how Hillary reacted to Bill's shenanigans, in private.

Then why did you only provide a list of Republicans?

Old 03-10-2008, 07:29 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Sad reading how so many take glee in someone's fall, especially someone who's done as much good as Eliot Spitzer.

Organized crime & Wall Street excesses are American problems, and Spitzer successfully prosecuted many of those cases. We need far more Eliot Spitzers, both Republican and Democrat.
What we need are members of givernment on both sides of the aisle who obey the laws they make, enforce, and claim to respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
I have to say I'm disappointed in him. If he does resign, at least he'll show the integrity that the Vitters and Craigs of this world lack.

The time to show integrity was before he decided to become Client #9, now it's just a Band-Aid on his reputation.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:34 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,627 times
Merged threads related to same discussion of NY Governor Eliot Spitzer-(D).

Old 03-10-2008, 07:36 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Grasping at straws? I made no claims, only demonstrating that you really don't know how Hillary reacted to Bill's shenanigans, in private.

]

Then why did you only provide a list of Republicans?

Because others were already listing the Democrats on their posts.... so why should I go through the trouble of looking for a list of Democrats.

The big difference is, as has been mentioned several times, that Democrats don't run on "morality" and "family values".

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-10-2008, 07:37 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
I find it sad that this guy campaigned here on ethics reform. We all really thought he was going to clean up Albany. First we had the Troopergate scandal. Now this! What a letdown!
As a fellow NY'er, I must agree with what you say. His term as Governor has been a complete failure to date. This is just the icing on a very poorly made and bitter cake.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
[/b]
The big difference is, as has been mentioned several times, that Democrats don't run on "morality" and "family values".
That's EXACTLY right. Democrats rarely stress that, but Republicans often make it the centerpeice of their campaign - so is it any wonder they get called on it when they fall short.

People who live in glass houses....

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 03-10-2008 at 09:13 PM..

Old 03-10-2008, 08:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That's EXACTLY right. Democrats rarely stress that, but Republicans often make it the centerpeice of their campaign - so is it any wonder they get called on it when the fall short.

People who live in glass houses....

Ken
Exactly, at least he has the decency to resign, unlike GOP senator David Vitter.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:44 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
[/b]

In this particular case, you are talking about a democrat who built his whole career on putting people away for similar crimes. Also, he ran on the platform of ethics reform. Pretty ironic... Pretty hypocritical too, regardless of party affiliation.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I just wander who the other emperor club members are.I'll bet there are alot of highrollers peeing in their pants.Lets see who else lives in NY;has money and is friends with spitzer.There better be some republicans or this is going to be the larry craig story for the democrats this election around.If he doesn't resign then he follows a long list like JFK;robert kennedy;teddy kennedy and bill clinton.If you look back only Carter is missing and he felt bad because the lusted in his heart.

Last edited by texdav; 03-10-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies