Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 05:52 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,969,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Sessions Indicates He Wouldn't Be More Forthcoming in Closed Hearing
Sen. Joe Manchin (D., W.Va.) asks Mr. Sessions if he recalls any conversations about rolling back the Obama administrations sanctions on Russia. Mr. Sessions says he doesn't recall any.

Mr. Manchin asks whether Mr. Sessions, in a closed session with the committee, would be able to speak more freely.

Mr. Sessions effectively says no. "I'm not sure. The executive privilege is not waived by going into closed session," he says. "It may be that one of the concerns is that when you have an investigation ongoing as the special counsel does, it's often very problematic to have persons not cooperating with that counsel in the conduct of that investigation."

"It would be very helpful, I think," Mr. Manchin responds.

Let's take a minute to remember: Mr. Sessions has said that the president has not invoked executive privilege. Mr. Sessions can't personally do so. But he's saying he is keeping quiet it in the event that the president decides to do so in the future.

Jeff Sessions Testifies in Senate Intelligence Hearing: Live Analysis
That was a curious rationale, to be sure. Obviously, I doubt it has any validity.

Can you imagine if, during her 9 hours of testimony regarding Benghazi, Hillary Rodham Clinton refused to answer certain questions by saying "President Obama may well invoke executive privilege in the future"?

Many, including myself, would have been upset. However, I guess, for many, it depends on which side your bread is buttered, which is sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 05:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,208,747 times
The phrase of the decade.... "I've racked my brain to make sure I could answer those questions correctly and I did not."

Sessions

"I don't recall that"...

Jeff Session's New Board Game "I don't recall " Bingo Game Cards....

Old 06-14-2017, 05:54 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,475,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Yet the investigations go on, with Muller's just beginning. You have a low bar for vindication.
So? Investigations are still going on about Hillary's illegal email server. Didn't you claim she did nothing wrong?

Yet in that case, unlike this one, Hillary actually broke the law.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,441,085 times
Lightbulb Sessions Hearing - One thing is clear

Several things are clear:

1. Sessions is a lying unAmerican weasel

2. He was well coached on how to not answer

3. He, tRump, Flynn and the rest are lying and hiding info that will eventually be revealed. When it is, the real fun begins.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:58 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,571,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Kamala Harris is an idiot
An idiot is someone who creates a thread just to call a US Representative an idiot, who is more than likely smarter, instead of posting in the main thread.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:00 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,727,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So what was Kamala Harris's performance all about ?

A few hours after the hearing was over, Harris tweeted, "The women of the United States Senate will not be silenced when seeking the truth," along with a link to a fundraising page for female senators.

She wants a new pony for the "Dog and Pony Show".
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If we ever wonder about motivation of our public servants...
LOL how long until senators starts wearing hats with corporate sponsorship logos on them to these hearings? "Senator Feinstein's questioning is brought to you by Tide, and Nike. Because if you're going to 'Just Do It', do it with the 24 hour freshness of Tide".

Old 06-14-2017, 06:11 AM

13,389 posts, read 6,402,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sessions recuses himself from any investigation having to do with the election and he sends the FBI Director who is overseeing the investigation an email. An email?

Ridiculous nonsense.

If there's a witness, haul that guy out. Let's see what he has to say as to whether Session responded to Comey.

In a he said/he said situation, I'm going with the guy who has a history of integrity versus the "unreliable historian" who can't recall who he met with or what they talked about.
Yes he sent an email telling Comey he was recusing himself. Comey testified he never got it.

Congress is free to request the witness testimony; they know who it was.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:18 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,307,938 times
The questioning showed who was interested in making news and who wanted to get real information. She wanted to make news.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:28 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,788,229 times
She was a disgrace and was publicly rebuked and humiliated on national TV for rudely preventing her questions from being answered. Everybody saw that.

Sessions couldn't help but laugh at her incompetence.

Nobody will ever remember what clever questions she tried to read off her script, without even listening to the answers. All they will remember was how she asked them.

She tried to make the event about herself, but all she did was amuse her base. And they are easily amused snowflakes.

Time's up.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:48 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,788,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
They each only had 10 minutes, and everyone else was allowed to just talk about whatever they wanted..

You need to check your facts.

Did you fail to see the countdown timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen?

Time's up.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-15-2017 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies