Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So you are one individual out of ten million that didnt participate. Congratulations, but that doesnt change my point any.

Im not a liberal or a leftie, BTW. I have voted for more GOP than Dem POTUS candidates, and would have voted for any GOP candidate except Trump and Cruz , and simply refrained from voting this time due to the choices being between Crap and Dung.

I just dont buy the " its time to alll play nice now" that occurs whenever the haters from the past are in power and experiencing the hate.
You're kind of going off on a tangent here. I wasn't arguing for people to play nice. I was merely pointing out the blind hatred that causes people to overlook gov't decisions that actually appeal to them in favor of continuing an "us vs them" debate.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:48 AM

62,888 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I support and supported DACA. There are people who are Republicans who support a path to citizenship for illegals who have been law abiding and in the country for decades. Not all or probably most of Trump voters agreed with him on every single statement that came or comes out of his mouth.

You on the other hand seem to think everything Trump says or does is wrong.....even when you agree with him.

Please explain why you support DACA based on what I said in my post #22, I'm curious. What's a law abiding illegal alien and why would you support a path to citizenship for them? Managing to evade the law for years should not be rewarded, IMO.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:52 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
You're kind of going off on a tangent here. I wasn't arguing for people to play nice. I was merely pointing out the blind hatred that causes people to overlook gov't decisions that actually appeal to them in favor of continuing an "us vs them" debate.
You are being disingenuous. That's not the thrust of this thread. I support DACA, so I'm not unhappy about Trump's complete 180 on this issue.

But this was a huge campaign theme, one of Trump's main talking points all last year. And now he is reigning on that promise when he could fulfill it without effort if he chose to. And only one supporter thus far has addressed that fact.

Everyone else immediately jumped in with deflections like yours.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:57 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,214,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
This is what makes it hard to reason or understand many Trump fans. You just don't care about policy..about immigration...about anything except the Cult of Trump.

Tell me...if this is true..why you don't care? Illegal immigration OK with you..if Trump endorses it?

Dunno about the 'Left'---I'm against the Dream Act..not on its merits..but because I think it was..and is..being implemented via an abuse of Executive Order.
what makes it difficult for ya'll to understand, is because ya'll live in a world of extremes. You assign anyone who disagrees with any single aspect of an issue as the enemy and an extremist. Political opposition is fitted with an off the shelf suite of attributes that define an extreme position with nothing in common.

You are currently lost and lost the election, because of the distorted extermist world in which you live. A single thread or crumb taken out of context and without perspective is validation of your canned 'truths', all designed to fit a distorted narrative. No thought involved, just take it off the shelf and keep repeating.

Unable to see degrees of an issue or have to ability to compromise leaves ya'll confused and befuddled.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You are being disingenuous. That's not the thrust of this thread. I support DACA, so I'm not unhappy about Trump's complete 180 on this issue.

But this was a huge campaign theme, one of Trump's main talking points all last year. And now he is reigning on that promise when he could fulfill it without effort if he chose to. And only one supporter thus far has addressed that fact.

Everyone else immediately jumped in with deflections like yours.

You showed your disingenuity in your very first post with this:

Quote:
More proof that Trump doesn't walk the talk.
You don't give a crap about Trump's policy effects on his supporters. You're just another nasty player in the nasty game here.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:01 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
You showed your disingenuity in your very first post with this:

You don't give a crap about Trump's policy effects on his supporters. You're just another nasty player in the nasty game here.
And STILL you continue with your deflection and refuse to address the real issue. What do you think about Trump continuing the DACA program when it is within his power to shut it down right now? That absolutely IS Trump not "walking his talk." Can't comment on that?

Old 06-11-2017, 10:01 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
No, I'm thrilled that he reneged on one of his more odious campaign promises. I just find it amusing that his most ardent supporters consistently refuse to hold him to his word, especially when in this case it would be such an easy thing for him to do.
^^^ This. WE support it but we know his supporters do not.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:03 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,190 times
Quote:
So Trump supporters are supporting DACA now. Incredible.
2018 is going to be a glorious election! The tide is turning against their favor now.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
And STILL you continue with your deflection and refuse to address the real issue. What do you think about Trump continuing the DACA program when it is within his power to shut it down right now? Can't comment on that?
I already replied once that I didn't vote for Trump. You're blind to that though, because I dared to point out a behaviorism that reflects poorly upon you, so by default I'm not "A" and therefore must be "B".

GTFO with your baseless assumptions. You are transparent and simple-minded.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:06 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
...and what exactly is it that you want Trump to do?
I would like him to hang in there, fight the good fight at least until the 116th United States congress. That would suit me fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies