Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 12:27 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Comey thought he was going to a group dinner at the White House. Instead it was a small table for two in the middle of the Green Room. That's not normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 12:30 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
[quote=mohawkx;48467684]Trump know what he was asking Comey to do was wrong, otherwise he never would have ordered everyone else in the room to disappear. He would have just kept everybody in the room while he innocently made some suggestions to the FBI director concerning the Flynn issue. He didn't do that. He removed the head of the Dept of Justice and his Chief of Staff. That proves guilt right there.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't.

When Comey ask for everyone to leave so he could talk one on one with Trump in Trump Tower did it make him guilty of a crime ? No

Old 06-11-2017, 12:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the claim that trump speaks clearly and concisely is being perpetually contradicted by his own statements and his spokes-peoples need to translate what he said. remember conway's classic statement that we aren't supposed to listen to what trump says but to listen to what's in his heart.
That statement will go down as the most irrelevant statement ever made by an official presidential spokesperson.
Simply because Trump has no heart.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:35 PM

[quote=phma;48467778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Trump know what he was asking Comey to do was wrong, otherwise he never would have ordered everyone else in the room to disappear. He would have just kept everybody in the room while he innocently made some suggestions to the FBI director concerning the Flynn issue. He didn't do that. He removed the head of the Dept of Justice and his Chief of Staff. That proves guilt right there.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't.

When Comey ask for everyone to leave so he could talk one on one with Trump in Trump Tower did it make him guilty of a crime
? No
That's because he was sharing classified information about the fact that Trump's National Security Advisor was liable to blackmail from the Russian government and Trump should know about it in private.
It didn't matter because Trump kept Flynn on board irregardless of the fact.

You're comparing apples to socket wrenches. Not even remotely related.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:45 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You're comparing apples to socket wrenches. Not even remotely related.
yep. to make the comparison equal would require that the AG had a security clearance under comey's.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:08 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah I've had to admit that this must be the case -- given he asked for a one on one. I didn't think Trump had it in him but he knew he wasn't doing the right thing.

And if his top advisors didn't know what he was going to do, they should have known who he is, his limited understanding of how things work in govt and they should have said -- nah President that's not a good idea. Sessions should have said. Mr. President I do not advise that you do that. Sessions should have said to Mr. Comey, this is not a good idea given the investigations under way. I would advise against it.

Yeah --I know it is tip toeing -- but in the really big world of adults - you have to err on the side of caution

Jeff Sessions, the Confederate General, should resign! Sessions is wholly unqualified and unfit to hold the position as US Attorney General.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:14 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
... if Trump "tells" you to do something, you know it.
KARL: So he said those things under oath, would you be willing to speak under oath to give your version of those events?

TRUMP: 100 percent. I didn’t say “under oath,” I hardly know the man, I’m not gonna say “I want you to pledge allegiance,” who would do that, who would ask a man to pledge allegiance under oath? I mean think of it, I hardly know the man, it doesn’t make sense. No I didn’t say that and I didn’t say the other.

jonathan karl directly asks trump " would you be willing to speak under oath to give your version of those events? " and i have no clue if trump answered "100%" he is willing to give testimony under oath or "100%" he's willing to give testimony but not under oath or if the 100% pertains to something completely unrelated.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 06-11-2017 at 01:57 PM..

Old 06-11-2017, 01:16 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
KARL: So he said those things under oath, would you be willing to speak under oath to give your version of those events?

TRUMP: 100 percent. I didn’t say “under oath,” I hardly know the man, I’m not gonna say “I want you to pledge allegiance,” who would do that, who would ask a man to pledge allegiance under oath? I mean think of it, I hardly know the man, it doesn’t make sense. No I didn’t say that and I didn’t say the other.

jonathan karl directly asks trump " would you be willing to speak under oath to give your version of those events? " and i have no clue if trump answered "100%" he is willing to give testimony under oath or "100%" he's willing to give testimony but not under oathor if the 100% pertains to something completely unrelated.

Still waiting for Trump to fulfill his tax release promise. Trump promises and statements mean squat. Even he doesn't believe them.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:

jonathan karl directly asks trump " would you be willing to speak under oath to give your version of those events? " and i have no clue if trump answered "100%" he is willing to give testimony under oath or "100%" he's willing to give testimony but not under oathor if the 100% pertains to something completely unrelated.

We all know by now that what Trump say's vs what Trump means are two entirely different things.

And then there is What Trump intends, which is an entirely different third option.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:26 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Jeff Sessions, the Confederate General, should resign! Sessions is wholly unqualified and unfit to hold the position as US Attorney General.
Looks like someone has completely lost it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies