Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 11:59 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times

Advertisements

Seriously? An international soccer game with no video?
Fake news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 12:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
We don't need a wall. Might as well take all the money into an open field and light it on fire.

It's a vanity stunt.

If we want to get serious about illegal immigration into the US, we need stricter laws and more border patrol agents, not a stupid wall.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:42 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Seriously? An international soccer game with no video?
Fake news?
I saw the game, neither country is going to advance very far . Oh, and they booed, nothing new.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:58 AM

553 posts, read 616,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I saw the game, neither country is going to advance very far . Oh, and they booed, nothing new.
Mexico was already comfortably in a qualifying position for the World Cup (they clinch a spot after playing only six of 10 games in this "Hexagonal" CONCACAF qualifying round, if Panama fails to beat Honduras today), and they had to go directly to Russia after the USA game to compete in the Confederations Cup, so this was perhaps not their strongest effort.

As for the US, they always have a difficult time playing at the Azteca -- zero wins in eight World Cup Qualifier matches, and only one win in 12 matches overall there. A draw was always going to be a good result for this match. The upcoming Gold Cup should prove to be a better barometer for the quality of the team going into the next two World Cup qualifying matches in September.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:10 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,390 times
I don't watch sports, I have always thought that watching sports is one of the activities the most uneducated people likes to do, Watching others doing things...

Apart, yes, aside to the uneducated people who booed the US anthem and the US flag, we have to take into account that Trump arrived to POTUS with the vote and wrath of millions of US citizens. Yes Hillary won by 3 million votes ahead Trump but the idiotic electoral college of USA put Trump, the loser, as president of USA.

And I don't have to say that the opening of the campaign of Trump was an open war to Mexico, no to hispanics in USA but to Mexico. and we are not going to stay shut, as you have watched me to be active here around.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 06-13-2017 at 07:31 AM..

Old 06-13-2017, 07:16 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I don't watch Sports, I have always thought that Watching sports is one of the activities the most uneducated people likes to do, Watching others doing things...

Apart, Yes, aside to the uneducated people who booed the US anthem and the US flag, we have to take into account that Trump arrived to POTUS with the vote and wrath of millions of US citizens, Yes Hillary won by 3 million votes ahead Trump but the idiotic electoral college of USA put Trump, the loser, as president of USA.

And I don't have to say that the opening of the Campaign of Trump was an open war to Mexico, no to hispanics in USA but to Mexico. and we are not going to stay shut, as you have watched me to be active here around.
idiotic electoral college

that sums up this post

Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
A simple cost benefit analysis would tell you the wall is pointless outside of urban areas. Spend the money elsewhere, not on some publicity stunt by a reality star.
Can you show us your simple cost benefit analysis. Please be sure to include monies spent on illegals for health care, education, crimes and legal matters, money sent out of the country, other government benefits.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I don't watch Sports, I have always thought that Watching sports is one of the activities the most uneducated people likes to do, Watching others doing things...
Nah. A better sign to determine the most uneducated people is to look for random capitalization of words, noun-verb disagreement, comma splices, etc.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:26 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Nah. A better sign to determine the most uneducated people is to look for random capitalization of words, noun-verb disagreement, comma splices, etc.
Ciertamente, hablar en español es mi lengua primaria, ¿Quieres hacer el intento de que el debate sea en español? quizá así puedas mostrarnos tus habilidades en la segunda lengua en importancia de los Estados Unidos.

Por cierto, las mayúsculas aleatorias resultan de que el autocorrector toma la palabra "watching" como una marca, no como un verbo, porque el autocrrector está en español y no en inglés.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:26 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Does anyone here think that if any other country's president trashed the U.S. the way Trump does Mexico, their sports team wouldn't be greeted the same way when they took the field here in America?

Trump has created this hostility Americans are starting to face around the world. He owns it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies