Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 11:43 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Sorry, but I don't see the last paragraph as a rant or offensive, as much as further explanation.

What the spokesperson did was give approval to continue the practice, since it doesn't include a directive to stop.

No backbone, I guess.
Cliven Bundy thought he wasn't being offensive when he said Negro, either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 12:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Big difference, but if you're prone to being offended by addressing a problem I don't expect you to get it.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:30 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Obviously, the school administrators needed to send some sort of communication to the study body to let them know this is not appropriate/acceptable behavior in the US. However, I think this is more than likely a situation where these individuals may not have known any better.
It's not a question of not knowing any better. They believe that it's better for poop to go to the dump or decompose than to contaminate the water supply. The Koran, based on old hygiene practices, says not to poop or pee into water. A valid reason that doesn't apply in modern countries with good sanitation regulations. They also believe in cleaning up with water - not the dry swipe used in the west. "If a bird shat on your hand you wouldn't just wipe it off with a tissue would you?"

Old 06-13-2017, 12:45 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's not a question of not knowing any better. They believe that it's better for poop to go to the dump or decompose than to contaminate the water supply. The Koran, based on old hygiene practices, says not to poop or pee into water. A valid reason that doesn't apply in modern countries with good sanitation regulations. They also believe in cleaning up with water - not the dry swipe used in the west. "If a bird shat on your hand you wouldn't just wipe it off with a tissue would you?"
Well that's good and fine in huts in the middle of the desert. If one has the intelligence to obtain admission into college however, then they sure as hell ought to be able to adhere to the hygienic standards of said college.

Only an uncivilized savage craps in a public shower facility. Uncivilized savages are not compatible with and do not belong in Western society. Filthy pigs.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:02 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times
As I previously stated, I don't know about the bathroom practices of Muslims and based upon the OP, there is no indication the communication was directed to them. Additionally, if this were directed toward the Muslim students and they (based on your comments below) don't believe in contaminating the water supply with human waste, they probably would not defecate in the shower.

However, this is a common practice in Asian countries and it is not done due to any religious belief/ideology.

Quote:

Old 06-13-2017, 03:17 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
This stuff happens everywhere. My employer moved a tech. dept. to my floor....suddenly we have Indians cooking food and leaving chicken carcasses in the bathroom sinks. Disgusting.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:57 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:

It's a question of being in a 21st century public environment where they aren't the only ones who matter, and they aren't living at home.

If it's a religious issue the school should get them porta potties to use.

I can't imagine how disgusted the other students (and janitorial/housekeeping staff) must be.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:01 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Don't drop the soap in the shower with these guys around.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:05 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I don't know about Muslims, but in some Asian countries this is a common practice.
In India, more than half of the people routinely defecate outdoors.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:08 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He wasn't being offensive in any objective sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies