Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:02 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Botulism can lead to respiratory or heart failure, and a lack of oxygen can damage the brain and put someone in a coma.
So, he's basically on his deathbed.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:13 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Hey I want to go on vacation. Hum Aruba or North Korea. Decisions decisions decisions!!!! I choose North Korea. Sounds like so much fun. A great learning experience. It will make me a more well rounded individual!!! If you go to one of these shi%hole countries I don't feel bad for you one bit!
Don't explore the unknown. Don't learn. Don't stick your neck out. Mock anyone who does. There's the spirit!!!

Old 06-14-2017, 12:25 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
I hate to sound uncaring, but I've got to know. Is his name pronounced like Warm Byre or Warm Beer?

Old 06-14-2017, 12:35 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So, he's basically on his deathbed.

Not necessarily. There's a possibility he can be revived. Nobody really knows what his medical condition is and how severe it is. NK isn't very medically advanced so they may have misdiagnosed his condition.

There's a possibility he tried to commit suicide by poisoning himself. IF he really had botulism or some other kind of poisoning (whether it was self-induced or not) it will show up on tests when he is admitted to American medical facilities and is taken care of properly with American advanced medical treatment. If the poisoning (whatever it was) didn't provide the desired result then taking an overdose of sleeping pills can also cause a coma.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:20 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Don't explore the unknown. Don't learn. Don't stick your neck out. Mock anyone who does. There's the spirit!!!
Well I guessed he learned the hard way!

Old 06-14-2017, 04:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Default Thank you to Donald Trump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middleofariver View Post
Dennis Rodman went over there and then Otto Warmbier is released on his way to the USA.
Rodman had nothing to do with his release. Trump has been working to get him and others released, just as it was Donald Trump's intervention that got Sgt. Tahmooressi released. But of course the MSM will never tell you these things.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Default It wasn't Rodman, it was Trump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Well, I will reassess my opinion of Rodman. Good for him.
Rodman had nothing to do with it. Trump has been working on this long before Rodman went over there.

"At the direction of the president, the Department of State has secured the release of Otto Warmbier from North Korea," Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said. "Mr. Warmbier is en route to the United States, where he will be reunited with his family. The Department of State continues to have discussions with the DPRK regarding three other U.S. citizens reported detained. Out of respect for the privacy of Mr. Warmbier and his family, we have no further comment on Mr. Warmbier."

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 06-14-2017 at 05:01 AM..

Old 06-14-2017, 05:19 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middleofariver View Post
Dennis Rodman went over there and then Otto Warmbier is released on his way to the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Well, I will reassess my opinion of Rodman. Good for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Might be a connection.

But kid is in a coma.
There is no connection. Rodman was quoted as saying his only job in North Korea was to ensure the continuation of U.S. sports in that country. He had NOTHING to do with Warmbier's release.

Quote:

The news of Warmbier's release comes the same day as basketball star Dennis Rodman arrived in Pyongyang for an expected four-night visit. But there is no connection between the two events, US National Security Council spokesman Michael Anton said.

Rodman told reporters, "that's not my purpose right now ... My purpose is to go over there and try to see if I can keep bringing sports to North Korea."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/13/asia/o...rea/index.html

Old 06-14-2017, 05:23 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Here's some news out of Australia about Otto Warmbier that likely wouldn't have gotten reported by American media. North Korea releases US citizen Otto Warmbier

This was the first I'd heard of Warmbier's admission to the press that he had been offered bribes by his university's secret society of a car for himself if he would steal the banner and money ($265K) for his family if he got caught and didn't return.

So what I'd like to know is what have the Virginia University and American authorities done about the university's corrupt secret society that coerced Warmbier to risk getting himself into so much trouble? And did they hold up their end of the deal and pay the $265,000 they promised to his mother?

If his family was in such severe financial difficulties then how could Warmbier afford to go to university, and to make the trip to NK?

There is a strong possibility Warmbier was made to say these things by NK authorities.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:28 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Here's some news out of Australia about Otto Warmbier that likely wouldn't have gotten reported by American media. North Korea releases US citizen Otto Warmbier

This was the first I'd heard of Warmbier's admission to the press that he had been offered bribes by his university's secret society of a car for himself if he would steal the banner and money ($265K) for his family if he got caught and didn't return.

So what I'd like to know is what have the Virginia University and American authorities done about the university's corrupt secret society that coerced Warmbier to risk getting himself into so much trouble? And did they hold up their end of the deal and pay the $265,000 they promised to his mother?

If his family was in such severe financial difficulties then how could Warmbier afford to go to university, and to make the trip to NK?

Interesting, hadn't heard any of that.

Agree that no one should go to NK. But this is a college kid, and the whole family is suffering. I hope he is able to get treatment in the states that will lead to his recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies