Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 09:06 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Oh well...

methinks this team is filled with players who not only know what they have to do, but WHY they have to do it, which is something rare.

They are damned good ball players!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 09:16 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
ROFLMAO sayeth the team who womanizes 3 different women every week. Each.
What is the demographic that even watches ghetto ball?

Old 06-14-2017, 09:24 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Some athletes are very scholarly, most are not. Many, if not most, have fraudulent degrees of convenience which are window dressing for the real purpose of their presence at a college - to participate in the farm system for the professional level of their sport.

And have you ever watched a post-game interview? The majority of them provide compelling evidence of functional lobotomy. In fact, nearly every post-game sports interview is exactly the same. It's the same banal interview over and over, with different athletes but nearly identical vacuous sentiments. It's actually quite hilarious. A post game interview is basically a fart. Seriously, play 20 of them. They are all the same interview.

Which would be fine and unimportant. But when brainless lemmings are led to a political position, you can end up with a very nasty and dangerous thing: for example a Bernie Sanders supporter. Or a silly SJW who won't go to the White House. Or a phony, fake, fraud who kneels at the national anthem to "make a statement".

So degree, deschmee. As conferred by today's typical leftist collectivist institution of lower learning, they are mostly worthless, if not deleterious.
?????

Have you played a full game of basketball ever? You're tired as hell. You're not going to be thinking about scholar book socialite or politics when you literally just exhausted 3,000 calories of running back and forth. You're just gonna be concentrating on catching your breath and relaxing after a long game.

Many of these players are very articulate and educated (Steph Curry, for example).

Some of you need to take the political glasses off every once and a while. This was probably the cringiest thing I've read on this forum.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:08 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Some athletes are very scholarly, most are not. Many, if not most, have fraudulent degrees of convenience which are window dressing for the real purpose of their presence at a college - to participate in the farm system for the professional level of their sport.

And have you ever watched a post-game interview? The majority of them provide compelling evidence of functional lobotomy. In fact, nearly every post-game sports interview is exactly the same. It's the same banal interview over and over, with different athletes but nearly identical vacuous sentiments. It's actually quite hilarious. A post game interview is basically a fart. Seriously, play 20 of them. They are all the same interview.

Which would be fine and unimportant. But when brainless lemmings are led to a political position, you can end up with a very nasty and dangerous thing: for example a Bernie Sanders supporter. Or a silly SJW who won't go to the White House. Or a phony, fake, fraud who kneels at the national anthem to "make a statement".

So degree, deschmee. As conferred by today's typical leftist collectivist institution of lower learning, they are mostly worthless, if not deleterious.
Sounds like you're mad that not only are they wildely more successful than you'll ever be, but many of which are smarter and have more business acumen.

Want to compare your off the court resume to LeBron James?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:59 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Sounds like you're mad that not only are they wildely more successful than you'll ever be, but many of which are smarter and have more business acumen.

Want to compare your off the court resume to LeBron James?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Don't personalize. It doesn't address the observation. Almost all sports interviews are the exact same stupid boring repetitive drivel: "I stayed within myself and was able to focus on getting the job done", "We played as a team with everyone doing their part for the common goal". "I want to thank my Creator for allowing me to perform at my best", "It's not about me, it's about the team", "My teammates stayed within themselves and were able to avoid the distractions".

I literally can no longer watch a post game in any sport. The interviewers ask the same stupid questions, the athletes answer in the same retarded scripted Stepford way, like thousands before them commenting on the same basic game situations that keep coming up again and again. And it's not just basketball. Those interviews are a particularly monotonous drone of prosaic hokum, but even the presumably highbrow sports like tennis and golf feature similar platitudinous hackneyism.

In fact, the older I get, the less interest I have in spectator sports. It just seems like a humongous waste of time. And another way to watch life, rather than live it.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:10 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
By the way, Lebron seems to be in pain doing these dopey interviews. Credit to him for that. He probably knows how stupid they have to sound.

And I actually liked him as an actor in Trainwreck. He might have a future in entertainment after he retires.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:28 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
By the way, Lebron seems to be in pain doing these dopey interviews. Credit to him for that. He probably knows how stupid they have to sound.

And I actually liked him as an actor in Trainwreck. He might have a future in entertainment after he retires.
Dude....do you realize how big Lebron has been for the last 5-10 years, even in entertainment? Where have you been?

I hate Lebron, but...I mean...come on LOL.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:11 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yes. It most definitely is. At all times. Your president calls, you answer. Quick. And if he asks you to be of ANY service, you not only do it, but you do the damn well best you can to make sure that you did it exactly how he asked you to do it. And do it on schedule. In fact, have it completed ahead of schedule.

Are you people sure that you're Americans?
Okay, okay we get it. You weren't invited to the White House but you want to go, sheeesh.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:21 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I hate this kind of crap.

I don't care who the president is, when your president invites you to the White House, you get off your ass and go. You show respect to the office no matter what. Then you offer your services to the president by telling him that you'll do anything and everything in your capacity to help him better serve the country.

I didn't vote for Trump and I've got no use for him, yet, that is EXACTLY what I'd do because that's my responsibility as a good American. You be ready to GO anytime your president calls. Even if you have to drop whatever it is you're doing. Reschedule it.

The Warriors are clearly unfamiliar with our American tradition.

The Office of the President historically had a tremendous amount of respect for it but Trump pissed a way much of it in just a few months. Remember when there was this big deal where everyone knew Trump was lying shortly after the inauguration but no one wanted to actually call the President-elect a liar outright? It's gone now. Actions have consequence and the complete lack of respect Trump has shown for the office has had consequences. Not that it started with Trump or even with Obama (the ape who wasn't your President). It's been eroding for years. Clinton didn't do it any favors when he perjured himself. Trump hasn't done it any favors with back channeling before even taking the office or the pressure he's allegedly put on the FBI to drop investigations into people that because of their proximity to the WH cast a cloud on him or the constant stupid tweeting and constant lying about irrelevant issues like how big is inauguration crowd was which no one really cared about.

Frankly, the White House and Washington in general have way more respect than they deserve. They haven't behaved like anything worth respecting on either side. The short-lived 28% approval rating is back down to 20%, around where it was when Trump took the reigns. Almost nobody thinks much of Washington so just dispense with the fake respect for posterity's sake.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Don't personalize. It doesn't address the observation. Almost all sports interviews are the exact same stupid boring repetitive drivel: "I stayed within myself and was able to focus on getting the job done", "We played as a team with everyone doing their part for the common goal". "I want to thank my Creator for allowing me to perform at my best", "It's not about me, it's about the team", "My teammates stayed within themselves and were able to avoid the distractions".

I literally can no longer watch a post game in any sport. The interviewers ask the same stupid questions, the athletes answer in the same retarded scripted Stepford way, like thousands before them commenting on the same basic game situations that keep coming up again and again. And it's not just basketball. Those interviews are a particularly monotonous drone of prosaic hokum, but even the presumably highbrow sports like tennis and golf feature similar platitudinous hackneyism.

In fact, the older I get, the less interest I have in spectator sports. It just seems like a humongous waste of time. And another way to watch life, rather than live it.
Don't generalize, won't be any need to personalize.

I don't watch interviews because the coach-speak is boring and redundant and interviews are often the same.

I won't make gross generalizations of those athletes, but I can make observations of those who specifically feel the need to make those absurd statements and take unnecessary shots at political parities. It's usually the same explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies