Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 04:58 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't give a damn who or what you are. When your president says "I'm inviting you to come here," that means "get your ass over here so that I can see you!" And tradition holds that you go...and be on time.

Again, I don't like President Trump, but if I get a phone call right this very minute to go to the White House, I'm outta here immediately. My president has summoned me. Doesn't matter why. We can talk about that once I get there.

Why? Because the office of the United States Presidency should be held in extremely high esteem no matter who occupies the office.
Not to disagree, but no one can force the players to attend. So if more then a few decide not to, it would be pointless. I can only say if it was myself, I would consider it an honor regardless as to whom was President.
However today's athletes are much more political then in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 04:59 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
It's typical that a handful of players in the NFL, NBA, etc every year skip the White House visit. In this case, the entire team agreed to opt out.

“All the tactics that he used to get elected are the very things that someone like me, who works with youth on a consistent basis, are the things that we try to talk our young folks out of being,” Warriors Forward David West said.

"We try to talk our young people out of being bullies. We try to talk our young men out of disrespecting women. We try to talk our young people into being accepting of other people’s opinions and other people’s walks of life. He is the complete opposite of all of that,” West added.

Golden State Warriors Decline White House Visit
Reading the article in the link, it says they have not received an invitation from the White House yet. All we know right now is that Warriors forward David West will not be there.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:07 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Good for the Warriors. Why pay homage to a man who will bring down the American Republic?
They may be the last champions, before the collapse of our society. They should have just said nothing, but declined to even acknowledge the existence of this terminator in the White House.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Not to disagree, but no one can force the players to attend. So if more then a few decide not to, it would be pointless. I can only say if it was myself, I would consider it an honor regardless as to whom was President.
However today's athletes are much more political then in the past.
They aren't more political...they're more partisan.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:25 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I hate this kind of crap.

I don't care who the president is, when your president invites you to the White House, you get off your ass and go. You show respect to the office no matter what. Then you offer your services to the president by telling him that you'll do anything and everything in your capacity to help him better serve the country.

I didn't vote for Trump and I've got no use for him, yet, that is EXACTLY what I'd do because that's my responsibility as a good American. You be ready to GO anytime your president calls. Even if you have to drop whatever it is you're doing. Reschedule it.

The Warriors are clearly unfamiliar with our American tradition.
I don't always agree with your posts, but you're a classy dude DD.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:28 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Do I care?

Old 06-13-2017, 05:30 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
It's my responsibility to be at the back and call of the president? I don't think so.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
It's my responsibility to be at the back and call of the president? I don't think so.
Yes. It most definitely is. At all times. Your president calls, you answer. Quick. And if he asks you to be of ANY service, you not only do it, but you do the damn well best you can to make sure that you did it exactly how he asked you to do it. And do it on schedule. In fact, have it completed ahead of schedule.

Are you people sure that you're Americans?

Old 06-13-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
I don't always agree with your posts, but you're a classy dude DD.
I appreciate what you said, but it ain't about class. I took an oath when I joined the military and I was taught that even when my term expires, my oath does not.

I don't like Trump, but he's the commander-in-chief. Bottom line.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:51 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Accepting, thats like when you have violent riots, burn things, loot businesses, and physically assault others that don't agree with you, right?
Yeah, that sentence struck me like that too. Hypocrites!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies