Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 07:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I don't know what bug was up the shooter's ass, no one knows why at this point, but my prayers are that everyone who was hurt (except the shooter) makes a full recovery.
No, we should all want the shooter to recover to face his/her/it's fate...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 07:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Jeff Flake, AZ (R) reported that is what he saw before he was able to run out and help him.

According to reports this was an attack targeted at Republicans.
Who is reporting this?

At this point, motive is unknown.

No doubt FBI is inside the shooter's residence, wherever that is, right now.

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Default Flashback: College Professor State Republican Lawmakers Should Be Lined Up and Shot

Prof: House GOP ‘should be lined up and shot’

An Art Institute of Washington professor recently declared that House Republicans “should be lined up and shot” for their passage of an Obamacare-replacement bill.

“They should be lined up and shot,” Professor John Griffin posted to his Facebook, according to a screenshot of the post obtained by Campus Reform, even clarifying that he wasn’t being hyperbolic, saying “that’s not hyperbole; blood is on their hands.”

I wonder how many of these instances never see the light of day?

With today's events unfolding, it may be a good idea to look at really these direct threats. Obviously they are influencing people to commit these types of crimes.

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I hope they're all okay and I'm glad they caught the shooter. I hope the shooter gets the help they need because this is clearly an unstable individual. Nobody wanders over to a baseball field and opens fire without being mentally unbalanced.
Very true!

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That's a rumor that is yet to be proven. I doubt it's true because the rumor came out before a photo of the shooter has even been on the media for him to know if it was the same guy.

He has been in communications with those still there and when described, it was a match(clothing)

Old 06-14-2017, 07:58 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Why are people fighting with each other here, and picking apart political views of the people who got shot and with each other here?

I hope these people who got shot come out okay.
And well wishes to their families.
And to all who were there who had to see this happen.

Sadly, it I another event of the forward movement to deteriorate our Country
I share with your hopes and wishes.

But this is far more likely to be the action of one deranged individual rather than part of any "forward movement to deteriorate our Country". When you hear hoof-beats, think horses, not zebras.

You might take a closer look at just who's trying to use this terrible event for their own partisan political purposes, and who's calling out for common decency and a dropping of such partisanship at such a time.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Now Barton says 100's of shots were fired.

Shooter is a Caucasiin, middle- aged male and had two weapons.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Terrible news, the use of violence to achieve political aims is NEVER justified regardless of who the intended targets are. As much as I think Rep. Scalise is a repulsive racist I still don't think he deserves to be shot. Also, thank God for the US Capitol Police!

I will be hoping for quick recoveries of all of today's victims!

Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Congressman shot !!!

Shot this morning playing baseball. Others also shot.

Congressman Steve Scalise along with a number of aids also shot.

Its being reported he was shot in the hip and the shooter is dead.
I'm glad the shooter is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The shooter is not dead. He is receiving hospital treatment. His condition is undisclosed at present, other than that he was wounded but survived.

I hope he recovers and can sing like a bird about why he did this.
As I said above, it was wrong of me to try and use this forum for breaking news. Speedy recovery for those who were shot, that is all.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-14-2017 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted posts

Old 06-14-2017, 08:05 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm glad the shooter is dead.
The shooter is not dead. He is receiving hospital treatment. His condition is undisclosed at present, other than that he was wounded but survived.

I hope he recovers and will sing like a bird about why he did this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies