Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:51 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,297,155 times

Advertisements

They trust him because some people have a strong urge to believe things that make them special in some way. In this case, they feel special because they are part of a club, that has knowledge and understanding that is specific to that group.

Basically they believe nonsense because it makes them feel good. Its a psychological design flaw of the human race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 12:52 PM

9,932 posts, read 5,602,921 times
Quacks like Alex Jones would struggle to feed themselves if people hadn't been lied to so many times by institutions we're supposed to trust.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,770,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Actually Democrats used to love Alex Jones he used to hate on Bush all of the time. That's how he got popular. No one heard of him before George Bush.

Now all of a sudden they try and claim he's the worst guy in the world.
The first time I heard of him, it was a segment back in 2009 when he was talking about Obama being the anti-christ. I never heard of him when Bush was President.

I guess it's kind of like how Republicans used to hate WikiLeaks and considered them treasonous when they were leaking documents pertaining to the Iraq war. After the 2016 election, most conservatives consider Julian Assange to be a hero.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:57 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,243,451 times
Don't know much about him and have never listened to him.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:59 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,633,647 times
Because simple tools follow the loudest voices.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,783,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The first time I heard of him, it was a segment back in 2009 when he was talking about Obama being the anti-christ. I never heard of him when Bush was President.

I guess it's kind of like how Republicans used to hate WikiLeaks and considered them treasonous when they were leaking documents pertaining to the Iraq war. After the 2016 election, most conservatives consider Julian Assange to be a hero.
I first heard of him around 2004, he basically said Bush was the anti-Christ back then and was part of the

"9/11 was Bush's fault" crowd, that the Democrats loved of course.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,633,647 times
Quote:
I first heard of him around 2004, he basically said Bush was the anti-Christ back then and was part of the

No we didn't we thought he was just as full of **** as he is now.

Last edited by mohawkx; 06-14-2017 at 01:34 PM..

Old 06-14-2017, 01:24 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,636,642 times
I don't like Alex Jones, but I like the other stuff they do push on their channel, like when they do the liberal protests/Antifa protest and they talk to random people.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:34 PM

206 posts, read 90,386 times
Quote:

The Democrats didn't love that, that was the antiwar left. The alt-right hates primarily the patriotic minority wing of Jews, Blacks and Hispanics and devises conspiracy theories as weapons against minorities. 9/11 trutherism is an anti-semitic and anti-black lie designed to destroy the patriotic prestige that those groups gained after 9/11 when minorities, urbanites and suburbanites enlisted to fight the terrorist threat. The alt-right DOES NOT hate the anti-war left, in fact they see them as tacit allies against both Neocons and Centrists as well as a joint "club" to use against minorities. The Alt-right hopes for and actively seeks a US defeat in the war on terror as that they see as an opportunity to make a bid for total power in this country.
Also Contrary to alt-right propaganda they only see islamism as an opportunity to seize power and persecute their political opponents, alt-righters have basically zero interest in a genuine campaign to defeat the islamist terrorist threat that lurks in the Middle east and North Africa.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:09 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,460,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can understand some conservative leaning sources like Fox News for instance. Fox heavily spins stories and emphasizes certain things over others in order to appeal to conservatives. They usually don't outright lie though. Alex Jones on the other hand is the very definition of conservative fake news. On top of that, the reporting on InfoWars seems to serve no purpose but to fan the flames of polarization and division in this country and promote hatred between ideologies.

Yet, many people trust Alex Jones and InfoWars to provide accurate reporting on events. It shapes their worldview and their reality and our entire country is worse off for it. Why?
Because wingnuts are desensitized and need more and more outlandish nonsense to get stimulated.

Enter Alex Jones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies