Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 04:16 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,869,726 times

Advertisements

A well armed society is a respectful society.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:19 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,531,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have to give them credit on this one. An lone, overweight, elderly man armed with a knife or baseball bat, running around a baseball field trying to attack Congresspeople probably young enough to be his children? Laughable, but put a gun in his hand and it is deadly.

THIS is the real issue, not politics, not religion, not even mental illness. Guns. Sorry, NRA, MORE guns are not the solution. "Rounding Third, Carrying an AK-47, and Headed for Home" ???????? NO, NRA. LESS guns is what is needed.

I am a Sanders supporter, who voted for Hillary. Senseless Violence, be that against a Democrat, Republican, Black Churchgoers, or School Children.

Eliminate the MEANS, and the Motive becomes Moot.
If he wanted to kill people, he could have waited for them in the parking lot and ran them over with his car.

Ban cars?

When a man jumped into a woman's car with a knife down the road from me, the gun she pulled and shot him with wasn't an equalizer, it gave her the advantage and possibly stopped him from raping and murdering him.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:24 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Quote:
I have to give them credit on this one. An lone, overweight, elderly man armed with a knife or baseball bat, running around a baseball field trying to attack Congresspeople probably young enough to be his children? Laughable, but put a gun in his hand and it is deadly.

THIS is the real issue, not politics, not religion, not even mental illness. Guns. Sorry, NRA, MORE guns are not the solution. "Rounding Third, Carrying an AK-47, and Headed for Home" ???????? NO, NRA. LESS guns is what is needed.

I am a Sanders supporter, who voted for Hillary. Senseless Violence, be that against a Democrat, Republican, Black Churchgoers, or School Children.

Eliminate the MEANS, and the Motive becomes Moot.

When I can make any caliber small arm, in my garage in a day, so can anyone else.
It took a guy with a gun, to kill the bad evil guy with a gun.

When seconds count, the police are 8 minutes away(UK)
The solution is an armed population.

There is always going to be someone with a death wish, no use them taking you with them.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:24 PM

19,707 posts, read 10,047,505 times
Oh great, another stupid anti-gun thread from someone who knows nothing about guns.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:25 PM

1,071 posts, read 618,806 times
Quote:
So then you are willing to live with the consequences and just give up?
I'm not for banning guns but I am for:
1. People purchasing them legally (close all loopholes)
2. People who have a mental capacity (i.e. As determined by a doctor) should not be allowed to purchase one
3. All people who submit to bying one need to go to a mandatory training program.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:26 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,531,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
I'm not for banning guns but I am for:
1. People purchasing them legally (close all loopholes)
2. People who have a mental capacity (i.e. As determined by a doctor) should not be allowed to purchase one
3. All people who submit to bying one need to go to a mandatory training program.
Unconstitutional.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:30 PM

4,903 posts, read 6,004,345 times
What the anti gun crowd doesn't understand is that you aren't taking guns away from criminals; you're taking guns away from law abiding citizens who can use them to protect against violent criminals. Criminals will just get guns illegally if they're outlawed. Banning guns also doesn't reduce the amount of crime; all it does is make criminals resort to using other weapons.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:31 PM

4,488 posts, read 3,907,541 times
Quote:
Why do you want to own a gun? Just because I want one and it is my right? Not good enough. Establish a NEED, as many state do have on the books.
Each and every one of these random shootings, whether it's a terrorist or a simple nut job like in Alexandria today ESTABLISHES THE NEED for law abiding citizens to be able to protect themselves. And I don't just mean to OWN a gun, but also to CARRY a gun. The bad guys are already carrying guns, so it won't change anything for them, but it might give some innocent person in a restaurant or a mall the chance to save their own life or the lives of others.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:31 PM

1,071 posts, read 618,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Unconstitutional.
I know, crazy talk huh?!?! Seems like simple common sense changes needed for the 2nd...

Old 06-14-2017, 04:32 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,060,506 times
The "lone, overweight, elderly man" could just have easily plowed his car into a bunch of kids at a bus stop. Then we'd have an even bigger tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies