Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 04:52 PM

8,837 posts, read 4,504,328 times

Advertisements

We are given 3 basic rights under the Constitution -

Right of Free speech
Right to bear arms
Right to vote

Just make the procedures to exercise those rights the same for all 3. Want more restrictions on right to bear arms? Go ahead, but restrict right to vote and right of free speech in the same way.

When you read these threads, it is clear that many folks abuse the free speech thing every day....

Old 06-14-2017, 04:58 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,477,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have to give them credit on this one. An lone, overweight, elderly man armed with a knife or baseball bat, running around a baseball field trying to attack Congresspeople probably young enough to be his children? Laughable, but put a gun in his hand and it is deadly.

THIS is the real issue, not politics, not religion, not even mental illness. Guns. Sorry, NRA, MORE guns are not the solution. "Rounding Third, Carrying an AK-47, and Headed for Home" ???????? NO, NRA. LESS guns is what is needed.

I am a Sanders supporter, who voted for Hillary. Senseless Violence, be that against a Democrat, Republican, Black Churchgoers, or School Children.

Eliminate the MEANS, and the Motive becomes Moot.
Could have done it with a car. Could have done it with a bomb. Could have done it with a truck. Could have mixed up a few chemicals found in you home as household cleaning agents and got an area twice the size of that baseball field out of a delivery device the size of a suitcase or duffle bag. Could have done it with a hammer a 2x4 any inanimate object really. The human neck doesn't need an exceptional amount of torque to snap at the base of the skull so you could be just as lethal with bare hands if not more lethal with bare hands than a weapon...

Those with the intent to do harm, will.
Shall not be infringed.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:05 PM

23,627 posts, read 13,823,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
You can't fight like a man-therefore you want a gun. Too cowardly, lazy and out of shape to learn how to defend yourself without a firearm. Case closed.
You know, when I was in ROTC, some of my classmates said I would fight unhonorably because I would use my dance moves to out turn people, come in from behind, and take them out that way.

An infantry general, retired, set me straight......there is no honor in a street fight. One fights to win, one fights to keep as many of their side alive as possible.

Quite frankly, this one on one stuff is for the birds.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:09 PM

148 posts, read 102,892 times
Ban semi trucks! (Nice, FR)

Old 06-14-2017, 05:09 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,331,974 times
I used to hear "God made man, Sam Colt made them equal"

I don't own any guns. I support the second amendment within reason.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:11 PM

19,704 posts, read 10,038,494 times
Quote:
You can't fight like a man-therefore you want a gun. Too cowardly, lazy and out of shape to learn how to defend yourself without a firearm. Case closed.
I am 69 and have arthritis, since I can't defend myself without a gun, you think I should just let them kill me?
You are awfully brave on a keyboard. Wonder how you are in real life.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have to give them credit on this one. An lone, overweight, elderly man armed with a knife or baseball bat, running around a baseball field trying to attack Congresspeople probably young enough to be his children? Laughable, but put a gun in his hand and it is deadly.

THIS is the real issue, not politics, not religion, not even mental illness. Guns. Sorry, NRA, MORE guns are not the solution. "Rounding Third, Carrying an AK-47, and Headed for Home" ???????? NO, NRA. LESS guns is what is needed.

I am a Sanders supporter, who voted for Hillary. Senseless Violence, be that against a Democrat, Republican, Black Churchgoers, or School Children.

Eliminate the MEANS, and the Motive becomes Moot.
Wonder why the Congress critters, aides and lobbyists were not packing heat. Had they been, they could have protected themselves. On the otherhand, they likely would have shot eachother in the chaos.

With the exception of mentally ill, Obama did not eliminate anyone's right to buy a gun, despite the noise to the contrary. Trump quickly reversed that action so that those declared incompetent can buy a gun. It's sort of a self fulfilling thing.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:17 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Wonder why the Congress critters, aides and lobbyists were not packing heat. Had they been, they could have protected themselves. On the otherhand, they likely would have shot eachother in the chaos.

With the exception of mentally ill, Obama did not eliminate anyone's right to buy a gun, despite the noise to the contrary. Trump quickly reversed that action so that those declared incompetent can buy a gun. It's sort of a self fulfilling thing.

It is not common to have my 38 in my waistband while I'm shagging balls in batting practice. It is usually left in my gear bag in the dugout, with my keys.

You do know Trump packs heat and always has.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:18 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,477,443 times
Quote:
LOL

I took Krav Maga when I was younger. Alot of my friends from highschool who came back from Afghanistan and Iraq showed me a few things as well.

Pull a knife or a pistol close up on me and it's semi auto, I'll have it out of battery and your arm broken at the elbow and dislocated from the shoulder socket in a blink of an eye.

I think one would rather take a gut shot or shot in the leg than to feel that kind of incapacitating pain.

However my 5 foot tall 100 pound little sister wouldn't be able to combat an attacker 3times her strength, neither could my 70 year old mother. Therefor I got them to get their CCWS and they pack everyday. They're both prime targets for muggers car jackers etc. And I train them every weekend. Therefor the pistol is an equalizer. Both of them are proficient with my ARs, AKs, their pistols, and shotguns.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:20 PM

23,627 posts, read 13,823,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
..........With the exception of mentally ill, Obama did not eliminate anyone's right to buy a gun, despite the noise to the contrary. Trump quickly reversed that action so that those declared incompetent can buy a gun. It's sort of a self fulfilling thing.
He didn't but he certainly tried such as saying that those on the no fly list could not buy guns. Or shall we say that when Congress said that, he didn't counter it.

Once again, due process clause of the 14th amendment: if you want to remove someone's rights, you take them to court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies