Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 02:55 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Good lord thats reaching far on a deflection and has absolutely nothing to do with a shooting.
No, thats just how they think. If Republicans want change healthcare, its not just a policy difference, to the left, its because they are evil.

Therefore, the act of gunning down a bunch of Republicans is an "act of self defense"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 03:08 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Probably the current republican party with the legislation they're proposing that will knock some 23 million Americans off their Healthcare in order to give tax cuts to the millionaires and billionaires.
You can only push people so far, then they protest, but then they get criticized for protesting then maybe they say to themselves "What the hell do I have to lose"
Maybe the republican party should invite the democratic party to the table and enact some bi-partisan legislation. You know, the way it used to be done.
#1, so you're essentially saying its justified? This is what i was talking about when i remarked on the strain of violence taking hold on the Left. Those who may not advocate or promote violence directly, nevertheless take a passive view towards it, make excuses for it and even tacitly accept it the way you just did. I can only imagine your reaction if some right wing nut job gunned down a bunch of dems because of "the policies they proposed"....

#2. Republicans should invite Democrats to the table the same way Democrats did when they passed Ocare without a single Republican vote?

The truth is, Democrats have an open invite to sit at the table, but they dont want it. They have one item on their agenda and one item only.... Obstruct Trump and take down his presidency at any and all costs. How do you work with people who wont compromise et al? Whos mission is not to find practical solutions, but to prevent the other side from passing anything? Who are not operating in good faith?

Politics are so disgusting, and the people who discuss them so disingenuous. Thats why i took a leave of absense from this board, and think i'll take another now.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:49 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
The witch hunt went on for 500 years in Europe.

The Trump witch hunt is just less than a year, so there is a long way to go if we are going to set a new record.

We are dealing with the same mentality of people as it was in the 1500's

The greatest witch hunter was known as the Witch Hunter General. His name was Mathew Hopkins and he used the methods to find a witch we are using today.

That's call progress.

Last edited by phma; 06-15-2017 at 03:58 AM..

Old 06-15-2017, 03:52 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
#1, so you're essentially saying its justified? This is what i was talking about when i remarked on the strain of violence taking hold on the Left. Those who may not advocate or promote violence directly, nevertheless take a passive view towards it, make excuses for it and even tacitly accept it the way you just did. I can only imagine your reaction if some right wing nut job gunned down a bunch of dems because of "the policies they proposed"....

#2. Republicans should invite Democrats to the table the same way Democrats did when they passed Ocare without a single Republican vote?

The truth is, Democrats have an open invite to sit at the table, but they dont want it. They have one item on their agenda and one item only.... Obstruct Trump and take down his presidency at any and all costs. How do you work with people who wont compromise et al? Whos mission is not to find practical solutions, but to prevent the other side from passing anything? Who are not operating in good faith?

Politics are so disgusting, and the people who discuss them so disingenuous. Thats why i took a leave of absense from this board, and think i'll take another now.
Excellent posting.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Bentlebee: Anyone shocked that CNN is still talking about Trump and Russia on a day of a disgusting shooting!
No, every news channel discussed more than one topic.

Did you expect them to talk about the shooting, and nothing else? What would be the point?

Muller considers expanding the investigation to Trump, and the people deserve to know that.

Is there anything you don't complain about?

Old 06-15-2017, 04:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Certainly Not News (CNN) doesn't report actual news.
You mean the shooting was fake news?

Old 06-15-2017, 04:29 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
CNN and the left are so full of hatred that IMO they are blamed for what happened today.

At least 20 or more well known host, celebrities, etc. have called for violence against Trump or his government.

Pelosi and her false words today.... if there was one grain of truth of her statement that she wants President Trump to be safe, than it would be step in the right direction but it didn't sound very honest, especially after her own words and hate that she uttered over the last months!
Well if you need to sooth your outraged sensibilities regarding what CNN reported yesterday you can always turn to FOX News which I did this morning at 5 AM.
They spent nearly a full hour on the shooting filled in with commentary by their "contributors" blaming the "left" and "Hollywood" for inciting violence.
It only took 8 minutes on this morning's broadcast before they started blaming Madonna & showing a clip that she wants to bomb the White House along with Kathy Griffin and Trump's bloody mock beheaded head which had Nothing to do with what happened yesterday!
They didn't get to Pelosi's comments until 40 minutes into the broadcast or the kind words & prayers the Dem House Reps had for all of those injured.

As tragic and terrible as yesterday's incident was there is other news going on including this ongoing scandal involving Trump & Russia.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:55 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Cons pay close attention.. THE INVESTIGATION INTO RUSSIAN MEDDLING OF OUR ELECTIONS IS NOT GOING AWAY UNTIL WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FIND OUT HOW THEY DID IT AND IF ANY OF OUR FELLOW CITIZENS WERE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY INVOLVED..

About the shooting. For some idiots on the cons side to somehow blame dems for the shooting shows their true partisan ignorance. That attack was against all of us.

Wasn't it a Republican senate candidate who body slammed a reporter just a month ago. Oh, but that was probably cool to you guys, right..

Old 06-15-2017, 05:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
News doesn't get more fake than Trump-Russia collusion.

This will go down in history for the left-wing media.
But the media didn't create the story....sure there were leaks and our media should cover it.

I don't think there was collusion. I do think Trump's staff did stupid things...they are rookies with no experience and it shows. I'm confused as to why they just don't answer the questions directly. Why are they dancing aorund. Are they playing games with us?

Meantime -- it is all the media's responsibility to talk about the rumors, the facts and the ongoing investigation.

Doesn't mean Trump is guilty....and I've not heard ONE anchor say he is......just means it is an ongoing story.

The fact that some of the viewers think that 'a source said' is the media saying is on them not on the media.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
I do find that the media outlets who show more of the Kathy Griffin, Madonna, etc. incidents are the conservative ones. Why keep putting it out there -- let it go and move on.

The guy yesterday was crazy. He was a man in a downward spiral. So was the guy who killed in California. It wasn't the media, the politicians or anything -- it was on them and their mental instaiblity. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies