Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 01:58 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,686,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This is obviously fakenews! Even though Trump has now admitted he is under criminal investigation, the Trump cult will continue to claim it's all lies.

Apparently even Trump is part of the MSM and vast left wing conspiracy to get Trump. Who knew?
It's a surprising world, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 02:07 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,728,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
His tweet did make sense. Rosenstein's memo advised Trump to dump Comey. That means Trump is being accused of and being investigated for obstruction of justice for taking the action R advised. It doesn't matter whether T would have fired Comey regardless of the memo. The act is the same.
He wrote: "I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director!"

Rosenstein appointed the special counsel. He's not personally investigating Trump, that's Bob Mueller's job. So Trump's tweet makes no sense.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:08 PM

51,619 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Exactly. Trump is incapable of keeping his story straight for 5 minutes. I've said from the beginning, get him under oath, there's no way he can resist lying because he does it all the time.
Didn't he agree to testify under oath?

Did anyone take him up on his offer to get to the bottom of this?

Old 06-16-2017, 02:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,686,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

My guess is that the investigators want a clearer picture of events before they talk to Trump.

I'm sure he'll get his shot if they think they've found something significant.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:22 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,813,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This is obviously fakenews! Even though Trump has now admitted he is under criminal investigation, the Trump cult will continue to claim it's all lies.

Apparently even Trump is part of the MSM and vast left wing conspiracy to get Trump. Who knew that this was that complicated?
I fixed that for you. We have to look at it in true Trump fashion.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,282,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
My guess is that the investigators want a clearer picture of events before they talk to Trump.

As a general rule, subjects of an investigation are generally the very last person interviewed. Investigators usually don't interview that person until they've talked to pretty much everyone else - that way if the subject lies they'll know right away. Since Trump seems to lie all the time, I'd say he'll be in trouble once he's interviewed.

Ken

Old 06-16-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

They are only going to get one chance to question Trump under oath. They are going to complete the investigation, talk to all other witnesses and targets (Flynn, Manafort, Page, Kushner, etc...) corroborate and correlate all of the the statements and evidence and THEN talk to Trump.

So yes, Muller and team will take Trump up on his offer, only on their terms. This way they can match up what Trump says to everyone else involved. Unless of course Trump keeps tweeting and feeding the investigators more leads to follow.

Also, this will be many, many months from now.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:29 PM

10,510 posts, read 6,131,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

I agree, I think they want to leave no stone unturned before speaking to him.

Althought frankly they probably have enough now. There's barely a thing he's said where he hasn't already contradicted himself in some past tweet or quote. He's even been known to contradict himself in the same sentence.. so...

Old 06-16-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
As a general rule, subjects of an investigation are generally the very last person interviewed. Investigators usually don't interview that person until they've talked to pretty much everyone else - that way if the subject lies they'll know right away. Since Trump seems to lie all the time, I'd say he'll be in trouble once he's interviewed.

Ken
You beat me to it, but I was being kind to Trump and used a nice way of saying match Trump's lies to what others said.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:11 PM

16,406 posts, read 8,482,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Jesus Christ. IF he would shut his mouth about it for 24 hours - MAYBE people would focus on something else for a change.

Most of us do not believe everything that we hear. We are content to let the special prosecutor do his job and let the chips fall where they may

Again, Trump is the cause of 99.9% of his own problems.
Wrong

He certainly contributes to some of his problems, but the Deep State made up of DC bureaucrats intent on keeping power (from both sides of the ideological aisle) are trying to save their necks by cutting his.

Believe me, I wish Trump would stop his knee jerk Twittering at all hours of the day, every day. Still he is using a tool to get the message out that most of the MSM willfully ignores.
So it is a double edged sword. If he remains silent, the media gets a ground swell of low information voters believing all the one sided rubbish the liberal media publishes. Yet when he tweets too often, he keeps the rubbish on the front pages 24/7.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies