Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 03:06 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That is a good question. I could not find out anything about Watergate, save that Leon Jarwoski hired a 'staff', but no mention of how many.

I don't recall the Clinton Affair involving many people. I doubt it was more than a few. Once he testified, and was caught in some lies, that sealed the deal for the Republican-majority House (although some R's broke ranks on some of the charges).
LOL. See post 16, I researched it and found the original report in pdf form. Staff was fairly large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 03:13 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
That is a good question. I could not find out anything about Watergate, save that Leon Jarwoski hired a 'staff', but no mention of how many.

I don't recall the Clinton Affair involving many people. I doubt it was more than a few. Once he testified, and was caught in some lies, that sealed the deal for the Republican-majority House (although some R's broke ranks on some of the charges).
You doubt it was "more than few"?
So WHY did the Whitewater investigation cost somewhere between $60 and $80 MILLION?

You are woefully uninformed.

Ken

Old 06-16-2017, 10:23 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss;48525481[B
]Could have been avoided if 70K people in 3 states had figured out he was a crook and con man.[/b] The people who live or lived in NY Metro area warned you he was a crook. Too bad people would not listen.

Only the totally BRAIN-DEAD could have missed all the clues, that LARD-A** himself gave during the campaign!

Old 06-16-2017, 10:33 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Its members of the deep swamp hiring more members of the deep swamp.

Meanwhile it is you that's paying the bill.
I'd rather pay for Mueller and his team to get rid all the Republican traitors than pay for Trump's golf trips.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:37 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh look. how cute. A partisan smear attempt.

Mueller is considered beyond reproach by most, he is hiring some of the best in their field, and some of them have donated to Republicans.
Even Gingrich took time off from looking for the next future-ex-Ms. Gingrich to note that Muller was a good choice at the time of his appointment as special prosecutor.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:53 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:

This investigation took over 5 years. Not sure of the amount of staff, but it was probably more than a few.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:52 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Its members of the deep swamp hiring more members of the deep swamp.

Meanwhile it is you that's paying the bill.

This is one bill I will gladly pay. If they are going to these lengths, they are on to something big here. This is no small deal, America is in crisis right now, and they are going to find answers.

This is getting REALLY good !

Old 06-16-2017, 11:55 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
I think they're hiring lawyers loyal to democrats so they can cover up anything and everything they find on Obama and Clinton.

I bet you do, I bet you do !

Old 06-16-2017, 11:58 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
I wonder how many of these lawyers are Clinton Foundation donors.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:34 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
Not true, the borough of Staten Island went for Trump by 10+ points. Manhattan went for Hillary because she sold out to Wall Street. The other boroughs went for Hillary because most of those residents are either union members, on welfare or illegals so they knew Crooked "H" would take care of them and have their backs.

Staten Island is a Republican stronghold and has been conservative since the Dutch were in control of New Amsterdam.

Since 1964 SI has seen large growth with large numbers of city union employees owning homes. It was the last borough that city workers could find a home they could afford once the city made it mandatory to live in city limits. Manhattan is POTUS home and his fellow rich did not vote for him.

So your last sentence is nonsense.

Last edited by Boss; 06-17-2017 at 03:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies