Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 07:52 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
So let me get this straight... You think the officer just walked up to Castile's car and shot him because he though he was possible robbery suspect?

I didn't say that. I NEVER said that. Castile was pulled over by the LEO because the LEO thought he MIGHT be a suspect in a robbery. THAT and that alone was the PURPOSE of the stop. That means this was a POSSIBLE RAS stop and certainly not a probable cause stop. Castile immediately informed the officer he was licensed concealed carry and was carrying. The officer then seriously overreacted based upon UNJUSTIFIED fear and shot Castile.

The incident has been widely reported upon. Don't try to make this officer out to be a victim of circumstances beyond his control. The entire incident was unjustifiably caused... created then escalated BY the officer.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 06-16-2017 at 08:02 PM..

Old 06-16-2017, 07:58 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
That man did not deserve to get shot. The cop stopped the car because he thought Philando matched the description of a suspect from a robbery earlier.

Every time one of these shootings happen they reach and overcharge. It's sad but this is the eventual outcome when you cave to "the public" outcry instead of charging for a lesser, and therefore more likely, criminal/negligent outcome.
I don't buy that. The murder victim had previously been stopped 52 times by the cops with more than half the charges dismissed, this just seems to be one more in a series of harassments.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The kids mother was driving high and didn't feed her all day. The kid is used to being in danger every day.
What does the behavior of the mother have to do with the actions of the cop? We're talking about a child here and a cop shooting into a car. What the mother was doing is a different issue altogether.

Or do you think that this was warranted because the mother may have a drug problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Preaching to the choir there.

But that's not what the courts, legislators, and juries have decided.

And I don't concern myself with that nonsense as you know. You folks do.

I suggest that everyone think of cops as just the regular idiots you deal with in your every day life. Then just add in the fact they're carrying a piece and may use it at any time.

Having said that, avoid them. When forced to come into contact with them ask permission to make every move you make.

Your life isn't worth proving a point on the corner of 1st and Main in Anytown, USA over possibly expired tags. I know mine isn't.

And I've stated for the record that I think this cop was at best grossly negligent and at worst it was a panicked killing (probably?).
I agree with everything you wrote about how to deal with cops. I'm not giving them any reason at all to make my life miserable.

I think it was a panicked killing - but something has to be done about those.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:08 PM

Driving with a wide nose, better known as driving while black. Then that damn uppity black man had the nerve to get a concealed carry license AND was carrying? He's lucky the local police force didn't kill everyone in the car, then go to his relatives' homes and shoot them too because they also have wide noses.

This crap makes me sick to my stomach. Never in my life have I considered a person a possible criminal simply because they had a wide nose... oh, and the color of their skin.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:10 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I don't buy that. The murder victim had previously been stopped 52 times by the cops with more than half the charges dismissed, this just seems to be one more in a series of harassments.
Yeah this is definitely strange . That was only over 14 years . So like 3.7 times per year .
It was mentioned it was stuff like not wearing a seatbelt ,speeding etc .
Doesn't like he was too responsible in terms of driving but obviously not a reason for him to be shot and killed

Old 06-16-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
These might be a lot more logical numbers if the country was 75% White and 25% Black. As it is, black are murdered far more than whites.
Not only that BUT these numbers are no where near accurate. For a more accurate accounting of those killed by police: Killed By Police - 2016 (1161)

Old 06-16-2017, 08:12 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What does the behavior of the mother have to do with the actions of the cop? We're talking about a child here and a cop shooting into a car. What the mother was doing is a different issue altogether.

Or do you think that this was warranted because the mother may have a drug problem?

I agree with everything you wrote about how to deal with cops. I'm not giving them any reason at all to make my life miserable.

Well, why hasn't Child Protective Services taken that child away from the unfit mother yet? Simple question if you're so concerned with the child's welfare.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

It's going to be hard.

A good deal of folks want the cops to be proactive. They like preventative policing.

Then you get folks being questioned who clearly feel that the cops are phishing for info and their reaction (which is perfectly normal) is to get defensive. People start to talk and then they feel like they have to keep going. And the cops know this and pounce on it.

DON'T TALK TO COPS!

Old 06-16-2017, 08:16 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, why hasn't Child Protective Services taken that child away from the unfit mother yet? Simple question if you're so concerned with the child's welfare.
yeah lets add more trauma to the child. great solution.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:19 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
yeah lets add more trauma to the child. great solution.
I'm sure all the secondary weed smoke isn't affecting her at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies