Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 10:04 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
So then I was right? He misspoke and this article just happened to leave that detail out?

The OP complains about fake news often as well. Isn't that just ****ing hysterical?

Yes. Her certainly misspoke. However if you watch the video it's pretty obvious he's attempting to whip up emotions and searching for things to inflate. He just chose an item that didn't lend itself well to that aim and he got way ahead of himself. Someone in the gallery called him on it and he did correct himself, albeit in a pretty clumsy fashion. But at least he did acknowledge the error. Only fair to acknowledge that.

Nevertheless, it was a bumbling rant overall, and taken as a whole does him no credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 10:42 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
If you watch the video of this press conference, it's pretty obvious the guy wasn't really prepared for it. It was a stuttering ramble, and did make him look not so good. He just wanted to mount the stump and babble. It was not his finest hour. However those who support his opinion will be willing to overlook the shortcomings of his presentation.

Those who want firearms banned have to do that a LOT. The absolutely ludicrous commentary by gun control advocates is rife with lack of real knowledge about firearms (to the point of idiocy) as they make up terminology that sounds technical in an attempt to seem as though they are experts on the subject. I remember a rant by Feinstein where she was going off about the features of "semi automatic assault weapons" talking about how muzzle brakes/flash hiders are designed to make it easier to spray bullets from the hip and "never miss". Terms like "semi automatic revolver", "assault pistol" and such trying to get that evil image in peoples heads.

A standard deer hunting rifle magically transforms into a "precision sniper weapon" designed strictly for assassinations, it just goes on and on. I'm really fed up with the "common sense" thing. There is zero common sense in the anti gun crowds arguments against civilian ownership and use of guns. It's all driven by reactionary emotion and a complete lack of objectivity. Join that with absolutely zero knowledge of firearms in general, and a perception of all gun owners as being besotted, overweight buffoons who didn't make it past the third grade and their ranting and raving becomes extremely hard to stomach.

We always hear about how "nobody needs" this that or the other type of firearm, how "sporting purpose" should be a primary factor in what we are allowed to own, and of course the only "sporting purpose" for a firearm is hunting (which they often want to see banned as well) and they just don't have any clue beyond the propaganda and misinformation they have swallowed lock, stock and barrel. Hollywood hasn't helped either, with their portrayals of firearms being capable of destruction and mayhem that's in reality the province of heavy artillery. Showing handgun hits making someone fly backwards 20 feet and going through a wall, and making cars blow up with a shotgun.

And this is the perception of firearms these ban happy cretins think is reality. When this governor tossed out that 93 million figure he was looking for ways to sensationalize. He just went so far with that aim that a kindergartner could catch the obvious erroneous numbers. The figure was a bumbled attempt at pumping up emotions and illiciting unthinking reactions. The standard methodology of the anti 2A agenda.
Excellent commentary and right to the point!

Old 06-18-2017, 12:41 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I can't help but think of an old All in the Family episode .....

Of all the murders last year, more than 50% were killed by guns!

Would you feel better if they were shoved out of windows?
Death by Defenestration sounds way cooler, tbh.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:50 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
if they start with the liberals first we will well on our way to a much better country.
I really hope all the conservatives who claim that liberals are the ONLY people of violence take note of this post.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:23 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I really hope all the conservatives who claim that liberals are the ONLY people of violence take note of this post.
I hope they do as well.
If the first round of 93 million takes out the liberals the rest of us will have a rather happy America.

Last edited by tripleh; 06-19-2017 at 01:33 AM..

Old 06-19-2017, 01:34 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
I hope they do as well.
If the first round of 93 million takes out the liberals the rest of us will have a happy America.
Thanks for such a rational comment. It surely fosters discussion and an atmosphere of welcoming. Certainly a proper response in the wake of a tragedy like this.
/s

Old 06-19-2017, 05:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking But, you WON...

Quote:
I hope they do as well.
If the first round of 93 million takes out the liberals the rest of us will have a rather happy America.
Trumplings...

"America sucks and it's all my neighbors' fault! Limbaugh and Hannity told me so!"

Old 06-19-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Well Ive lived the past 2 days, at 93 million per day Im sure to get shot tomorrow eh?

Old 06-21-2017, 01:31 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Well Ive lived the past 2 days, at 93 million per day Im sure to get shot tomorrow eh?
Well, if I was a liberal, I guess I'd say "One can only hope". At least according to Republican views of liberals. However, I'm a moderate Independent, so I'll refrain from any snarkiness.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Well, if I was a liberal, I guess I'd say "One can only hope". At least according to Republican views of liberals. However, I'm a moderate Independent, so I'll refrain from any snarkiness.
Oh no, I made it another day

the dude said something stupid, we are poking fun at it, I said something silly to also poke fun at. You all need to calm the heck down and stop being so hypersensitive looking for a reason to run to your safe space, snowflakes.

Im not advocating violence at all, I am advocating natural selection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies