Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 05:46 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Not all Trump supporters are racist, but to pretend Trump didn't win the white bigot vote is just denying the facts; every time he spouted off bigotry on the campaign trail, or passed bigoted executive orders while in office, his core supporters loved him even more. I'm not saying you're one of them - you don't sound like one of them - but I still wouldn't want to vote with them.

As for condemning Hillary because she's incompetent, what the heck is Trump? He was handed a fortune by his parents and managed to lose it multiple times, and yet he has the nerve to pretend to be a great businessman - how can people buy into that crap? He is a textbook case of incompetence, with his only skill being duping people into thinking he's great and cheating other people out of his obligations.

So, while you won't get any argument out of me that Hillary is slimy with marginal skills for the job, Trump is a much bigger slimebag with no useful skills whatsoever.
Watching his rally-goers shouting "JEW S A" at the media was very enlightening.

One of the biggest differences between dems and reps in the last election cycle is that dems ruefully acknowledge their candidate's many weaknesses, reps have never noticed what is wrong with their guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 05:47 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why are they investigating Trump, then? Comey was fired on Rosenstein's advice. Shouldn't it be Rosenstein under investigation?
Trump stated in his interview with Lester Holt that he was going to fire Comey "regardless."

Trump clearly stated why he fired Comey and it had nothing to do with Rosenstein.

I know the talking points for today include throwing up all sorts of others that should be investigated for one thing or another, but this is ridiculous.

Why post such nonsense?

Old 06-19-2017, 05:50 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump said clearly in his interview with Lester Hole that he was going to fire Comey "regardless."

Trump clearly stated why he fired Comey and it had nothing to do with Rosenstein.

I know the talking points for today include throwing up all sorts of others that should be investigated for one thing or another, but this is ridiculous.

Why post such nonsense?
Be prepared for a bait and switch diversion.

I might buy that Rosenstein should be investigated for ineptitude and poor counsel.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:54 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Presidents seek advice. They are the one's who ultimately choose which advice to follow.
Fair enough, but Rosenstein presented a very persuasive case as to why Comey should be fired. Had that not been true, then yeah... his termination would be questionable under the circumstances. But that's not how it went down, so where's the problem?

Rod Rosenstein's letter recommending Comey be fired - BBC News

That's why this investigation will yield nothing except perhaps sufficient evidence to prosecute certain Dems.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:56 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
How did racism come up here? I'm just curious.

Hey!! Good news! There's an investigation going on right this very moment that will hopefully answer ^^that very question^^!! Thanks goodness, right?!
I'm okay with the investigation. Never said it should be stopped. All I was saying is that you can't compare this to Benghazi. And yeah, the post I was replying to mentioned "Stormfront City-Data," so I took it as implying I am a racist.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:04 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Watching his rally-goers shouting "JEW S A" at the media was very enlightening.

One of the biggest differences between dems and reps in the last election cycle is that dems ruefully acknowledge their candidate's many weaknesses, reps have never noticed what is wrong with their guy.
I see the opposite actually. Lots of Republicans hate Donald Trump, and the others would probably be a lot more willing to express dislike of things he does, but people tend to get defensive when they are called all kinds of nasty things and when the anti-Trump people are trying to overturn an election in any way possible. If Trump did collude with Russia and there is actual proof, then I will join you. I don't believe he did at all though. And the obstruction of justice angle is just stupid. There is nothing there in my opinion. It's all for show to keep Trump from doing anything on his agenda, at the expense of the country.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default As pro-tRump screeds go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Follow the line

Comey is above approach what he suggests about hillary clinton we will do. (Lynch and media)
Comey is aweful and needs to be fired! (Dems and media)

Comey gets fired by trump.. he was fired because he was investigating trump. (Dems and media)
Comey states trump not under investigation

Media and dems push for special prosecutor
Mueller named special prosecutor after leaks by comey

Media now saying trump plans on firing mueller and also the assistant attorney general
Dems say if trump does they will start impeachment

Special prosecutor is now looking into obstruction of justice instead of collusion with russia. Why? Cant find anything?

So do they keep looking till they find something? Anything? Trump is right this is a witch hunt!

Look out president trump they will impeach you for jay walking. Better use the cross walks!

Give it up sore losers! Yes the dems and media are sore losers and that what i will call them from now on.

Ok libs i am ready.. insults coming in 3.2.1.. go!

This one rates a 2.4 on the 10 point screed scale.

Poor Trumplings these days.

That election seems SO long ago now.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
All i posted was what media is saying. Mueller had not come out to say it.. unless he is leaking it. Who knows what he is doing. Its all media narrative
No. All you're posting is your interpretation of what "media" is saying. You didn't include any proof that these things are being said they way you presented them. You posted a list of how you perceive things are being said.

The "media" is an awfully broad collection of outlets with differing and diverse styles, slants, and personalities. Surely you don't expect the Associated Press, NBC, Univision, Al Jazeera, Rush Limbaugh, the New York Times, Breitbart, Alex Jones, Rachel Maddow, PBS Newshour, etc to have the same "narrative" do you?

Old 06-19-2017, 10:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I see the opposite actually. Lots of Republicans hate Donald Trump, and the others would probably be a lot more willing to express dislike of things he does, but people tend to get defensive when they are called all kinds of nasty things and when the anti-Trump people are trying to overturn an election in any way possible. If Trump did collude with Russia and there is actual proof, then I will join you. I don't believe he did at all though. And the obstruction of justice angle is just stupid. There is nothing there in my opinion. It's all for show to keep Trump from doing anything on his agenda, at the expense of the country.
How does it stop Trump from pursuing his agenda?

He seems to be moving along with many policies, I don't get how this is stopping him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies