Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 11:30 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

Why come there ain't no Library for the Unknown President?

I mean, you know, displaying his forged birth certificate.

Why knot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 11:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
The best location would be either Central Park, or just make a slightly taller version of the Statue of Liberty in the Hudson Bay off Manhattan, modeled after Trump, and create it on a newly created Trump island. The statue must of course be gold, though his hat should be MAGA. It should overlook Manhattan and have a great view of all his buildings so tourists can see his works in NYC before becoming President.

Nah, do it in the Trump tradition, a statue in a base metal with a superficial coating of gold.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:55 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
No, but for years Grant's tomb in NYC was in disrepair and closed to the public. It was put up out of the way on Riverside Drive in south Harlem a short walk from Columbia University. Trump is obviously a creature of Manhattan, and it occurred to me his library will be built there. Wouldn't a glistening, smiling Trump beaming brightly down on NYC make it's residents happy.

Because he was out of office?

Old 06-19-2017, 12:05 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Good Grief what would they put in this NYC library? I've never been to a Pres Library but if I had the WILL, I'd visit Barack Obama's....but I have no WILL, so that's out too.

I think they are a waste of our money anyway. Plenty of books written about our Presidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I had a thread about it being a waste of money regarding another one being built, Obama's.

I got attacked and had cruel words thrown at me.

I hope you have not and do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Tell the truth, Atalanta. The difference between your thread and this one is that you were outraged that Obama was having a presidential library built, believing he was doing it out of hubris, because you were completely ignorant of the fact that ALL presidents have libraries. That's what you were brought to task for.

There ya go. That's one of them.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Because he was out of office?
Because the American people love Trump so much.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:42 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I'm

One picture will suffice.

He'll have to make reference to Hillary.

If she doesn't like the result, will she file a lawsuit ?

Old 06-19-2017, 02:43 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yeah, a library named after an illiterate who admitted he has never even read an entire book, THAT'S RICH,LOL !
That's bulls*** and you know it.

President Trump listed his 10 favorite books when he was a candidate. A few were about China. There were a lot of books a businessman would read. I found the list from an earlier post:

Ten books Trump likes and recommends:

1. The Art of War - Sun Tzu
2. The Power of Positive Thinking - Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
3. Essays and Lectures - Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. The Prince - Macchiavelli (you probably read it yourself in Jr High or High School)
5. Ideas and Opinions - Einstein
6. The Party - Richard McGregor (there's his 1st China book)
7. On China - Henry Kissinger (there's his second China book)
8. Mao: The Unknown Story (there's his 3rd China book)
9. Tide Players - Jianying Zha (there's his 4th China book - movers and shakers in China)
10. One Billion Customers - James McGregor (there's his 5th China book - doing business in China)

https://www.usnews.com/news/slidesho...ld-trump-loves

Old 06-19-2017, 02:53 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
I sort of assumed that they would donate Mar a Lago to the gubment or whoever runs these thing's, take a billion dollar write off, and that would be his "library". He doesn't have any papers other than those executive order memos, so lord knows what they would put in it? Maybe his Tax Returns? (LOL) His phone from which he tweets? Fox news re-runs?

I can't see how he can last the year, so does that mean he will still need a "library"? Probably resign, declare success in everything he touched, and avoid impeachment which will take years, so those papers likely won't need a "residence" such as his library.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:22 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
The new Trump library will have an admissions fee. However the fee will be reduced to 50% for those who can climb a 21 foot ladder and got over the 20 foot high wall that is surrounding the building. University students from Trump U will receive a free pass on their first visit to the library. Despicables 18 and over will be allowed in at 20% off the normal adult fee. Photo ID requirements will be required to insure the visitor isn’t from an undesirable county; a list of countries will be provided as needed and may change from time to time depending on uncontrollable issues.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Trump branded bottles of orange colored face lotion will be sold inside the library along with extra-large cans of hairspray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies