Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 04:46 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and how did you come to that conclusion?
Your question shows you are not supporter of international laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 04:47 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,441,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
During the Korean War General MacArthur said the same about China.
Yup..and MacArthur was famously wrong---but Syria does not share a border with Russia--with a million person army at hand.

Nor do they have the logistics train to support operations in Syria...we do...and it is tried and tested. Russia has not fought a real war..in quite a while. We have fought several.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Your question shows you are not supporter of international laws.
I support international law to the same degree as Putin. Which is to say..when it's convenient.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Yup..and MacArthur was famously wrong---but Syria does not share a border with Russia--wth a million person army at hand.

Nor do they have the logistics train to support operations in Syria...we do...and it is tried and tested. Russia has not fought a real war..in quite a while. We have fought several.
Is Syria worth a Military confrontation with Russia? Is anything short of Russia attack our country worth a military confrontation?
It's easy for arm chair quarterbacks to cheer and shout we can take Russia. What about our sons and daughters who will have to make the ultimate sacrifice? I for one would want it to be for something other than a crap hole we have no use for.
Haven't we learned anything from Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan?

Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Well..by that logic..Russia's presence is illegal also. Before you defend with 'Assad asked them in'--remember that not everyone believes that Assad is the legitimate ruler of Syria.

Russia is just there protecting their interests...just like us.

US is not 'helping ISIS'..every-time I see one of you post that, I lose a little respect for you.

Anti-Assad does not equal ISIS. That is Russian and Syrian propaganda.

Russia had best back off and re-assess the situation..before they get a rude awakening as to the realities of the modern battlefield.
Sorry dude but you sound stupid. I even won't bother to explain you something.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times
Quote:
I support international law to the same degree as Putin. Which is to say..when it's convenient.
Do you support our soldiers? Then lets not send them into harms way needlessly. Syria,Assad and that Syrian civil war is none of our business.
Anyone who feels Russia will be a push over is deluding themselves. They are second only to us in the quality of military hardware that they can bring to the fight. Their fighter jets are top shelf as are their SAM's. Their soldiers are well trained and well armed. A fight with Russia will not be like fighting Iraqi idiots.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I support international law...
No, you don't. You support "not everyone believes" law.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry dude but you sound stupid. I even won't bother to explain you something.
Well--I guess I can bear up under the stress of you not 'explain me something.'

Since a review of your posts show that you are an unabashed Russian supporter, I imagine that I can figure out the gist.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:01 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,592,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Do you support our soldiers? Then lets not send them into harms way needlessly. Syria,Assad and that Syrian civil war is none of our business.
Anyone who feels Russia will be a push over is deluding themselves. They are second only to us in the quality of military hardware that they can bring to the fight. Their fighter jets are top shelf as are their SAM's. Their soldiers are well trained and well armed. A fight with Russia will not be like fighting Iraqi idiots.
True the Russian military would be a tough fight. On the other hand, the US military should not be cowed by them. We are more than able to defend ourselves against pointless threat.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
No, you don't. You support "not everyone believes" law.
*yawn* Whatever that is...Have you bothered to take an unbiased look at the actions of Russia in the last 10 years? Expansionist, militant..breaking many treaties and rearming at a fast pace.

I do NOT want to go to war in Syria. But I'm unwilling to cede control to Putin---every time someone gives..he takes more.

Just saying..a quick look at the balance of forces in the Middle East should sober Putin up..as long as he's convinced that we are NOT bluffing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies