Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 08:15 AM

6,608 posts, read 4,997,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You NAILED IT! Thanks, and well said!!! The Democrat/Media/Education cabal wants us divided, and dependent so the elites can further consolidate power with little to no resistance from the populace. It is another reason they don't want law abiding citizens to own guns.

without the counter reaction (the right) that wouldn't work, so stop the fake outrage and it will go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 08:21 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,897,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You NAILED IT! Thanks, and well said!!! The Democrat/Media/Education cabal wants us divided, and dependent so the elites can further consolidate power with little to no resistance from the populace. It is another reason they don't want law abiding citizens to own guns.

There is no grand conspiracy theory it's people whose income depends on whipping up hysteria in people, and you keep falling for it. Your outrage, is their paycheck. They're literally trolling you

Old 09-18-2017, 08:44 AM

15,066 posts, read 6,157,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sigh on these posts...

This is an older thread, go back and read it and realize that the comments from the OP were not stated by blacks. It was Latinas, so your issue should be with them.

Also, there is a "natural hair movement" in black America and a large amount of black women now wear our "natural" hair and don't straighten it or attempt to look like a European beauty standard anymore.

Will also note as a black American woman that the bold is untrue. Our hair is not "fragile." I have been "natural" over 20 years and recently cut my hair and it still goes past my shoulders to the middle of my back as does my daughters. I have what is typically called "nappy" and thick hair, what black women would call a 4C pattern. It is not difficult to grow our hair long, however, due to the curliness of our hair we endure what is commonly referred to as "shrinkage" whereas when it is worn curly it looks shorter than when it is "stretched" or straightened (stretching can be done via various methods including braiding the hair in plaits or banding the hair with hair bands to dry). But all longer curly hair requires more conditioning on and attention on the ends so it doesn't suffer from breakage. This is true for all women with curly hair, even white women.
These people literally know nothing about people of African origin.

And it's funny how the statement was made by a Hispanic person but their entire focus is on "black" women. The obsession is so obvious...

Old 09-18-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
^^ Fake History.^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Only if you weren't ever a black woman looking for employment prior to the 80s.

Or, heck, even now:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/u...-legal-n652211
U.S. Court Rules Dreadlock Ban During Hiring Process Is Legal
Exactly. Posters like that one are clueless.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I would reply to your comment if it had any meaning.
The above is a reply...LOL.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,006,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
In America, where races can own culture - so long as they are a minority - it is important to point out that white people can't wear certain things or my snowflake will melt.

Campus-Wide Email Tells White Girls to Stop Wearing Hoop Earrings Because It
I Know a guy who is Albanian, and his son wears a durag and wears Air Jordans.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 AM

28,637 posts, read 18,725,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I Know a guy who is Albanian, and his son wears a durag and wears Air Jordans.
Albanians were always cool like that.

It's just that nobody ever knew, y'know, Albania having been a closed country and all.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,574,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Alegria Martinez is the one who pulled black people/women/culture in to her manifesto:

Read more at: Campus-Wide Email Tells White Girls to Stop Wearing Hoop Earrings Because It

Yes, she did. But the fact remains that she is a Latina, yet at least in this thread, it is almost exclusively black women who are taking the heat for her comments. Something not quite right about that.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Why is it pathetic and unfortunate that anyone desires to attain a certain look wrt one aspect of their personal appearance?

Must everyone conform to a single style and parrot a single ideology, depending on race?

You say that you have soul, and you ask if another poster has soul (implying that some people lack soul). How does one acquire soul? Or, is having soul an inherent function of one's race?

Come on! Give us an answer!

You know what's pathetic and unfortunate? White people lying out in the sun without any protection and spending millions at tanning salons, risking skin cancer trying to look like brown people. I've done it. I wish I hadn't, because I now worry constantly about what consequences I may have to suffer as a result.

As for soul, I wouldn't dream of speaking for anyone else, but it's my personal opinion that if you have to ask what it is, you probably don't have it.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Quite honestly I can not understand why this thread is so long and active.

I personally own a LOT of clothing and jewelry items from many different cultures around the world and I am NOT trying to appropriate anyone's culture.

Off of the top of my head...

Greek sandals
Oaxacan dresses and blouses
Antique French and Roman jewelry
French County style dresses made from Pierre Deux fabric
Moroccan kaftans, sandals and Berber jewelry
Spanish hair comb
African wax print skirts and dresses
Tunic made from sari material
Vintage and contemporary kimonos
Embroidered Russian coat
Moccasins
And a ton of other stuff that I can't remember....
I want to raid your closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies