Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:09 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
White girls wear whatever you like. No one cares.
As a liberal, I agree with this 100%.

/thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 11:37 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,387,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You know what's pathetic and unfortunate? White people lying out in the sun without any protection and spending millions at tanning salons, risking skin cancer trying to look like brown people. I've done it. I wish I hadn't, because I now worry constantly about what consequences I may have to suffer as a result.

As for soul, I wouldn't dream of speaking for anyone else, but it's my personal opinion that if you have to ask what it is, you probably don't have it.

You're confused. The majority of people who tan do not do it "to look like brown people".... they do it to look tanned, relaxed, and as if they just stepped off a beach and have a life of leisure. The sunkissed look is what most white people would look like with normal daily exposure to sun that humans used to get before we retreated into climate controlled buildings.

The fashion trend used to be the opposite up until about the movie age, when movie stars pushed the "I just spent two months in St. Tropez" tanned and rested look as chic. Every white person used to want to look as pale as possible to show you DIDN'T work outside in the sun. This is also still a thing in a lot of Asia.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:22 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,599,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
You say that you have soul, and you ask if another poster has soul (implying that some people lack soul). How does one acquire soul? Or, is having soul an inherent function of one's race?

Come on! Give us an answer!

How does one acquire soul? Well, in my case, I flew into Incheon airport and then took a bus for about 35 kilometers east on Highway 130, and just like that, there it was. I had it for only a week before I gave it up, but I must admit, I really enjoyed having it for the time that I did.

Oh, wait, I meant I had Seoul. Sorry.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:28 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,613,483 times
Not a bad idea if you play with a baby. I stopped wearing pearls too.

Yesterday I was on the telephone with my son and his almost one year old was examining the inside of his ears. Intelligent children just need to examine the world to see how things work.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:30 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,925,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
In America, where races can own culture - so long as they are a minority - it is important to point out that white people can't wear certain things or my snowflake will melt.

Campus-Wide Email Tells White Girls to Stop Wearing Hoop Earrings Because It
If this is the garbage that is the norm on college classes then college is useless in my opinion.

No respect from me.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:56 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,330,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
White people and rap just don't mix. When I'm in traffic next to some white guy blasting rap or hip hop it's like this scene from Office Space.
Do you smirk at the idea of a Black cellist, too? How about a Native American Heavy Metal band?

Old 09-18-2017, 01:57 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,580,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You're confused. The majority of people who tan do not do it "to look like brown people".... they do it to look tanned, relaxed, and as if they just stepped off a beach and have a life of leisure. The sunkissed look is what most white people would look like with normal daily exposure to sun that humans used to get before we retreated into climate controlled buildings.

The fashion trend used to be the opposite up until about the movie age, when movie stars pushed the "I just spent two months in St. Tropez" tanned and rested look as chic. Every white person used to want to look as pale as possible to show you DIDN'T work outside in the sun. This is also still a thing in a lot of Asia.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek when I said that, I guess I should have been more obvious. My point was, there are lots of fashions that are less than healthy, and it's good to see a trend towards people appreciating their own beauty, whatever that may look like.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:01 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,580,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
White people and rap just don't mix. When I'm in traffic next to some white guy blasting rap or hip hop it's like this scene from Office Space. Interesting the character's name was Michael Bolton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs
Okay, so that guy was a jackass. It wasn't his taste for rap that made him one.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:05 PM

50,325 posts, read 63,881,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
quit stealing my rims
Hahahaha!

Old 09-18-2017, 04:05 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,757,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
How does one acquire soul? Well, in my case, I flew into Incheon airport and then took a bus for about 35 kilometers east on Highway 130, and just like that, there it was. I had it for only a week before I gave it up, but I must admit, I really enjoyed having it for the time that I did.

Oh, wait, I meant I had Seoul. Sorry.
Actually, Koreans have plenty of soul. I suspect it's from a background of being oppressed. But nobody does R&B, soul, and gospel as authentically as South Koreans--and my father even testified to that from the 50s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies