Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 02:50 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold, in our society it leaves them in charge and in today's world complaining about how they are victims when they are still in charge and no one is advocating discriminating against them.

Do you suggest that the groups that the LE officers you know support be disbanded because white men need to stay in charge?

Your post comes off (which maybe you were getting at) as you being involved in and sympathetic to a white supremacist ideology. Meaning you want only white men to have jobs in LE or other industries because you believe you are more deserving and superior to others in some way.

And FWIW, I have family members who are LEOs and firefighters. They have a black officer association. Guess what they spend most of their time doing....... - bowling and watching football together lol. Not plotting to take jobs from white men.

He was criticizing Affirmative Action as a policy that ignores merit and promotes automatically on the basis of race. He is not opposed to non-white officers receiving promotions. He is opposed to anyone getting them automatically.

You do not want to be penalized for your race. Nor does he. Nobody does.

How do you go from that to White Supremacy?

Old 06-20-2017, 03:07 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
No. He was textbook LAZY. He never did his homework. He never studied in the library. He would sleep in the middle of class. He picked fights, listened to some hateful rap, openly disrespected teachers etc. He carried these traits into adulthood as well. I've seen some of the nonsense on his social media before I unfollowed him. No excuses

And it was probably because he was slow and not very intelligent.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:15 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
He was criticizing Affirmative Action as a policy that ignores merit and promotes automatically on the basis of race. He is not opposed to non-white officers receiving promotions. He is opposed to anyone getting them automatically.

White women have benefitted the most from Affirmative Action. It is not race based this is the flash-card auto-response people have been told to repeat.

full stop.

i'll just agree with what some have already stated. People choose to be ignorant. Some even know the truth and play stupid. Just look at the confederate statue thread. Direct quotes from confederates and people are still arguing and just makin up stuff. Deep down, some people don't really want to give up the way things are.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:29 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
No. He was textbook LAZY. He never did his homework. He never studied in the library. He would sleep in the middle of class. He picked fights, listened to some hateful rap, openly disrespected teachers etc. He carried these traits into adulthood as well. I've seen some of the nonsense on his social media before I unfollowed him. No excuses
what does this have to do with the thread topic?

and this exact post word for word could apply to lots of white kids. Even the rap part since whites of the largest consumer of rap.

I love the "no excuses" for blacks, then whites who've had every advantage possible still complaining that they're not getting a fair shot. White's who've had all kind of resources at their disposal still ending up in the same place as that black kid.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
On the bold, in our society it leaves them in charge and in today's world complaining about how they are victims when they are still in charge and no one is advocating discriminating against them.

Do you suggest that the groups that the LE officers you know support be disbanded because white men need to stay in charge?

Your post comes off (which maybe you were getting at) as you being involved in and sympathetic to a white supremacist ideology. Meaning you want only white men to have jobs in LE or other industries because you believe you are more deserving and superior to others in some way.

And FWIW, I have family members who are LEOs and firefighters. They have a black officer association. Guess what they spend most of their time doing....... - bowling and watching football together lol. Not plotting to take jobs from white men.
White supremacist ideology, really?

You see folks, this is why it is almost impossible to talk about race or any subject about social issues with a liberal, without them going down this road.

Let me ask you something in reverse, and see how alien it sounds to you. With a black officers assoc., do you think they are supporting black liberation theology (or some such nonsense), or just fighting for their rights?
It is probably the latter in your mind.
Yet, when a white person suggests that all these various groups advocating for everyone except white males is unfair, you assume some nazi or kkk rubbish.

Your assumptions that white males already run everything is a mistaken belief and generalization. Many a modern police chief is a minority and/or a woman, and in many instances it has nothing to do with qualifications.
From being hired under affirmation action schemes to promoted in the same fashion, minorities have disproportionately been hired and promoted over more qualified whites in the last 4 decades. All in the name and supposed righteous cause of diversity.
The trouble with that is many people deserving of being hired and/or promotion are being denied because of the color of their skin or their gender.
In a liberals mind that is an injustice if it is happening to a minority or other PC protected class of people. But if it happens to white men, you couldn't care less. The end justifies the means, right?

Well I have a news flash for you. "Diversity goals" and other such schemes must come at the expense of someone, and it is typical whites, especially white men.
Yet if we speak up about it or against favoritism for minorities or discrimination against whites, then you all revert to your tired old racism, sexism, white supremacy rubbish.
Why is that I wonder?
Why can't you see that regardless of past injustices, it does not make acceptible injustices toward whites now?
Lastly, how do you suppose a white male go about advocating for himself when no groups exist to represent his interests without your ilk trying to demonize such a group as evil.

`

Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

I get white supremacy from that because he and you seem to not want anyone to get promoted other than white men. No one gets promotions based on race. I am very familiar with local policies regarding affirmative action. They never ignore merit and none of them promote based on race.

It is also funny to me that you and him want white men to have a preference (race and gender based) over any other people or that you think that being a white man makes someone more likely to be qualified for a "merit based" promotion as if black or hispanic or women officers could never get a merit based promotion .

Old 06-20-2017, 04:14 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
White supremacist ideology, really?

You see folks, this is why it is almost impossible to talk about race or any subject about social issues with a liberal, without them going down this road.

Let me ask you something in reverse, and see how alien it sounds to you. With a black officers assoc., do you think they are supporting black liberation theology (or some such nonsense), or just fighting for their rights?
It is probably the latter in your mind.
Yet, when a white person suggests that all these various groups advocating for everyone except white males is unfair, you assume some nazi or kkk rubbish.

Your assumptions that white males already run everything is a mistaken belief and generalization. Many a modern police chief is a minority and/or a woman, and in many instances it has nothing to do with qualifications.
From being hired under affirmation action schemes to promoted in the same fashion, minorities have disproportionately been hired and promoted over more qualified whites in the last 4 decades. All in the name and supposed righteous cause of diversity.
The trouble with that is many people deserving of being hired and/or promotion are being denied because of the color of their skin or their gender.
In a liberals mind that is an injustice if it is happening to a minority or other PC protected class of people. But if it happens to white men, you couldn't care less. The end justifies the means, right?

Well I have a news flash for you. "Diversity goals" and other such schemes must come at the expense of someone, and it is typical whites, especially white men.
Yet if we speak up about it or against favoritism for minorities or discrimination against whites, then you all revert to your tired old racism, sexism, white supremacy rubbish.
Why is that I wonder?
Why can't you see that regardless of past injustices, it does not make acceptible injustices toward whites now?
Lastly, how do you suppose a white male go about advocating for himself when no groups exist to represent his interests without your ilk trying to demonize such a group as evil.

`
So, do you think that no black police chiefs are qualified?

From your comments you don't. That is a symptom of being a racist, meaning you believe that white LEOs (white males specifically) are superior to black ones being that they are somehow more qualified based on being white males.

On the bold regarding white men not having opportunities in LE, white men are overwhelmingly the vast amount of LEOs in the country. Also from your commentary, I would not find you fit to be a LEO since you believe that black people cannot be qualified to run a police department or get a promotion because they are black.

The only reason why people believe such things - that white men are the only capable people to do specific jobs is because said people adhere to a white supremacist mindset. This is not surprising to me and shouldn't be for you since our country has always had a white supremacist ideology at its core.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:00 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
I get white supremacy from that because he and you seem to not want anyone to get promoted other than white men. No one gets promotions based on race. I am very familiar with local policies regarding affirmative action. They never ignore merit and none of them promote based on race.

It is also funny to me that you and him want white men to have a preference (race and gender based) over any other people or that you think that being a white man makes someone more likely to be qualified for a "merit based" promotion as if black or hispanic or women officers could never get a merit based promotion .
You have never said anything in this thread more inaccurate. Absurd yes, with your white supremacist rubbish.
But you obviously haven't a clue of what AA is despite your claims to the contrary.
AA, consent decrees, diversity goals, etc. are all predicated on mandatory hiring of certain groups of people, REGARDLESS of qualification.
Thus if you had to hire X amount of blacks, browns, women, you were mandated to whether they were qualified or not. So if a woman couldn't pass the physical requirements, they were lowered to allow them on. If the blacks couldn't pass the exams or swim test, the standards were lowered to allow them to get on. If some couldn't meet the minimum background requirements (i.e. minimal education and/or no criminal records) they were still hired to meet quotas. Now before you say quotas were deemed unconstitutional, rest assured games are played like calling a quota a diversity goal, which amounts to the same thing.

I have example after example where this went on not only in cities near and around where I live, but across the country. While some minorities were qualified, as were some women, that was irrelevant in that X amount had to be hired come hell or high water. Needless to say, a much larger number of highly qualified whites and white men especially were passed over to make room for less qualified people of a particular flavor.

My general belief is that you hire only the most qualified person for the job, not allow social engineering to dictate whom you have responding to critical and life saving situations where real lives hang in the balance. If that means that only black women are hired, fine. But if it mean that only white males are hired, so be it.
I am not talking about people working delivering letters or other such work. I am talking about calling the EMS or LE departments and expecting someone responding to have the education/skills and physical abilities to save your life or protect it.
AA and the like puts people on that are less qualified and in many instances inferior in their abilities to do the aforementioned.

`

Old 06-20-2017, 05:02 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Most white people I know, say racist things even without meaning it. Why is that a thing? Why when white men date Asians blacks, or Latinas, they STILL say disparaging racist remarks about their partner's race??
Cause most people don't get all butt hurt over jokes and stuff about race.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
"Massa Massa, am I white enough now?!?!" Said the tragic mulatto.
If not wanting to be the government's N-word makes me a tragic mulatto...I'll wear that label with pride.

Let's see what that statement gets me. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies