Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
All one can say to Republicans is that you were wrong about everything. So why would one be swayed by your feeble arguments. I remember reading in school textbooks the historians’ opinion of Hoover & Nixon. The failures of Bush over-shadow all predecessors. He was truly the worse president this nation has ever had to endure.

And it's not over yet. Dubya and Quickraw Dick are both guilty of having pulled the trigger when they weren't sure what they were aiming at and they still have ten months of trigger access left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Read up on history. Because we didn't want Iran to win the war with Iraq. We didn't want either country to win that 1980-'88 war and neither did.
We armed Saddam with guns and nerve gas and helped him exterminate his own people as well as the Iranians....then we took him down. Are you ok with that?

Old 03-12-2008, 10:51 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
We armed Saddam with guns and nerve gas and helped him exterminate his own people as well as the Iranians....then we took him down. Are you ok with that?
Obviously, the weapons were to use against the war w/Iran.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:54 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yes, YOU are making excuses AND evading the question.

WHERE is the evidence that "the first thing we found outside of Mosul were al Qaeda training camps"

Citing George Tenet or the 9/11 Commission is just a convenient evasion of answering a simple question. And "papers exchanged between Saddam and Bin Laden outlining plans to attack Saudi Arabia" have NOTHING to do with the training camps YOU allege were found outside Mosul.

Typical BushWorld runaround, can't support your claims so attempt to change the subject.
Uh-oh... I had a feeling you were one of those who will not accept any info when it proves that Saddam had ties with al Qaeda. If he were alive, I could probably have Saddam right in front of you and admit it and you still wouldn't believe it!

I fail to see why it is so hard to accept that one terrorist (Saddam) had ties with other terrorists.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:09 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Quote:
Obviously, the weapons were to use against the war w/Iran.
....well, sort of:

The U.S., under President Reagan, restores diplomatic ties with Iraq. Fearful of the Islamic regime in Iran, the U.S. administration is supportive of Iraq''s war efforts. According to Sandra Mackey: "Official American help to Saddam Hussein''s multifaceted military machine came through the back door of intelligence. Illicit aid came by the way of deadly pathogens purchased from U.S. biological firms and perhaps $500 million in dual-use imports diverted by Iraq to the military sector." In other words, some of the "weapons of mass destruction" belonging to the Iraqi regime that later U.S. administrations would criticize were, in fact, originally given to Iraq by the United States.
To suppress the Kurdish rebellion in Northern Iraq, Saddam''s military uses chemical weapons against Kurdish civilians, killing 238 Kurds in a single attack with poisonous gas. They also initiate a village-to-village campaign of terror, in which Kurdish civilians are separated into groups, sending children, women and the elderly into camps (where many die from starvation and disease) as men are trucked off and are presumably lined up before a firing squad, shot and buried in a secret mass grave.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:05 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
He will live in luxury off the billions of dollars STOLEN from the American people at the pump. He will never again have to worry about putting "food on his family".
Well, George Bush did have ties to Big Oil...Harken Energy, I believe.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I was wondering if you were ever in the military?
I was...for Desert Storm, another time we went in somewhere we didn't belong.

www.vaiw.org

Old 03-13-2008, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
If I got drafted, I would gladly serve.

If Al-qaeda takes over the middle east and disrupts the oil supply do you understand what would happen? $20 gallon gasoline. Do you understand that it would cripple our service based economy? It is truly amazing what little americans know about reality. Please please read Alan Greenspan's new book "the age of turbulence". He is not political at all. Actually, he never says whether he is conservative or liberal. I would guess he leans left. Yet he knows the truth. Please read this and get all your liberal friends to as well. We have to understand the reality of the world and unfortunately the liberals are clueless.
Please learn a little something about alternative fuels. Oil is NOT the only way to provide energy. And we DO produce it here.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Its the only affordable one & we dont produce enough here to sell it for $20 a gallon.

Bush is THE worst president of this era. I say that & I voted for him twice.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:06 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Uh-oh... I had a feeling you were one of those who will not accept any info when it proves that Saddam had ties with al Qaeda. If he were alive, I could probably have Saddam right in front of you and admit it and you still wouldn't believe it!

I fail to see why it is so hard to accept that one terrorist (Saddam) had ties with other terrorists.

You've obviously commited the BushWorld Playbook to memory, NEVER stay on topic when you have NO FACTS.

YOU made rthe statement of there being al Qaeda training camps found outside Mosul and have yet to supply any factual support of that statement.

I know Bushisti believe saying something makes it so but that doesn't work in the real
world.

"Well, they didn't have the WMDs I thought (big doubts the man thinks) they did but they mighta, possibly coulda, wanna had them and that's enough reason to go to war"

BushSpeak still sounds like BS to me.

Last edited by burdell; 03-13-2008 at 08:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies