Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you "turn back the clock" on feminism?
Female - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 19 8.64%
Female - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 89 40.45%
Male - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 46 20.91%
Male - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 66 30.00%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 09:12 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I have NOTHING against feminism at all. I believe women should have equal rights. As a man, I LOVE women. Women are strong, beautiful, intelligent, and deserve everything a man has. I know women who earn much more money than me, who are powerful, and in high positions in their companies and the government. I see nothing wrong with it and I applaud it.

However, I am against whatever the heck this new "feminism" is today. The whole "YOURE NOT GRABBIN MY (BLEEP)! THIS (BLEEP) FIGHTS BACK" type. The ones who think men should worship them because they're a woman, but are fat and ugly and do nothing to take care of themselves. Those are the ones who are ruining the movement.

Nothing wrong with women, and a girl who is feminine and embraces it. But these out of control ones, or claim "sexism" for everything (example, stuff like this Video game characters with realistic body types and Playing video games can lead to sexist attitudes - study) needs to stop.
Oh I see. You disapprove of the women who will kick your ass when you attempt to harass or rape them, is that it? Long for the days when you could treat women like dirt & not suffer the consequences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 09:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 1st and 2nd wave feminist were on the right track and did great things for womans equality in America, but it has gone way too far with the 3rd wave of men haters. They have dug them a hole of misery for their lives. Single, grumpy and PO'ed at the world and all men, for making their lives hell.

Women have gained the equality of a man, yet they are more miserable than they ever have been.
Because they cannot find a sexual partner, beside another woman, that can stand to be around them for more than a minute.

They are training these beta males and they grow up not know what it is to be a man.
Societal ruin is soon to come from it, but I have hope in the next generation coming up. They are rebelling against it.
How does anyone know if women are more miserable than they once were? Heck, if one were to poll the women of Saudi Arabia, chances are one might find most are not particularily miserable despite severe oppression.

What leads you or anyone to believe the 3rd wave are all lesbians?

The alpha- beta thing is laughable.

Always with the massive generalizations, eh.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:19 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
No but I would hope we could find a way of creating gender equity without weakening the family unit or eroding sexual morality.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I have NOTHING against feminism at all. I believe women should have equal rights. As a man, I LOVE women. Women are strong, beautiful, intelligent, and deserve everything a man has. I know women who earn much more money than me, who are powerful, and in high positions in their companies and the government. I see nothing wrong with it and I applaud it.

However, I am against whatever the heck this new "feminism" is today. The whole "YOURE NOT GRABBIN MY (BLEEP)! THIS (BLEEP) FIGHTS BACK" type. The ones who think men should worship them because they're a woman, but are fat and ugly and do nothing to take care of themselves. Those are the ones who are ruining the movement.

Nothing wrong with women, and a girl who is feminine and embraces it. But these out of control ones, or claim "sexism" for everything (example, stuff like this Video game characters with realistic body types and Playing video games can lead to sexist attitudes - study) needs to stop.
As opposed to some fat and ugly men who believe women should worship them?

Melania Trump was once asked if she would have hooked up with Trump had he not been very wealthy. She responded with a question, do you think Trump would have hooked up with me had I not been very beautiful?

Social media and the 24/7 news cycle gives extremists more than their share of exposure.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh I see. You disapprove of the women who will kick your ass when you attempt to harass or rape them, is that it? Long for the days when you could treat women like dirt & not suffer the consequences?
A man had better not attempt to harass or rape Dana Loesch.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:28 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The emancipation of women, as opposed to radical feminism, is the largest single societal force since the Enlightenment, and I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is the attachment of all "women's issues" to a broad-spectrum Leftist ideology. That and, at the other end of the economic spectrum, the continued hijacking of real progress by Madison Avenue, Hollywood, and a culture of trending, spending, and gender-bending. It's the young, our boys in particular, with a diminished sense of a heritage and the responsibility that goes with it, who will pay the cost over the long run.
couldn't agree with you more! Truthful, to the point and correct.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How does anyone know if women are more miserable than they once were? Heck, if one were to poll the women of Saudi Arabia, chances are one might find most are not particularily miserable despite severe oppression.

What leads you or anyone to believe the 3rd wave are all lesbians?

The alpha- beta thing is laughable.

Always with the massive generalizations, eh.

Look at the statistics.

Why Modern Women are Miserable - Ladies Again

Five Ways Feminism Has Made Women Miserable* | Observer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsxjaa1P9kI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRmm43DDZuE

Old 06-21-2017, 09:48 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
For a moment, let's examine gender roles in response to the downside of the human condition:

We are all going to pass from the scene, and we are the only species burdened with the foreknowledge of this, Within that psychological prison, men were naturally better-equipped for the role of defender/provider, while women assumed that of teacher/nurturer. Or as Jerry Seinfeld put it: "Men hunt, and women nest." This view carried over even so far as the pattern of how such little idle time as was available in earlier days was used. Men sought to commune with nature; women developed pursuits which could be practiced within the safety of the home.

Men risked life and limb in industry AND war; women risked them in childbearing. Men have always bonded with other men who shared the physical downside and risks of life -- even on the lighter level of injury in sport. Women sought solace in religion and spirituality, but I don't think it was for reasons of security alone that, for example, nuns were cloistered, or independent women scorned and persecuted as witches.

The emergence of a society in which both technological advances and the rise of the modern nation-state (where, despite the caterwauling of simplistic pacifists, the most advanced nations do not wage war against each other), has also upset the traditional "pecking order"; women are now easily capable of assuming the most prestigious roles, but more of us than ever, male and female alike, are impelled toward the tedious, thankless jobs on the bottom rung of a de-industrialized economy, and the personal frustration and resentment can only be covered up to a certain degree.

In short, it's mostly just another way-station on the path of human advancement, but the manipulators and schlockmeisters of our over-commercialized media have every reason to exploit it.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-21-2017 at 10:27 AM..

Old 06-21-2017, 09:53 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What you said...didn't even make any sense.

Who's talking about raping anyone? If you're talking about Trump's quote, then sorry, but that isn't even close to rape and groping. Just an old insecure dude bragging about the women he can get because he's rich.

You discredit yourself when you go around acting crazy for something taken way out of context. You also discredit the true feminists who actually have worked hard and paved the way for women today with getting triggered over tabloid fodder.

Go home, you're drunk.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:56 AM

A conservative commentator sharing observation is opinion, not fact.

Here's a question for you:

What is a real man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies