Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:18 AM

15,363 posts, read 12,558,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I watched ABC last night to see what they would say about the Georgia election. They top three or so stories came and went, and then they had about 10 seconds about it. Right down the memory hole. As if it never happened.

The CNN/Clinton relationship was proven last year when CNN tipped her off on "a" debate question. They admitted to it, but only the one that had been revealed. But it's like cockroaches: there's never only one.
Donna Brazil was stupid and fired over it. She tipped Clinton that a person on Flint in the audience would ask her about the water.

Seriously, why the heck does anyone need to be tipped about that information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 09:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,834,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I had been a loyal CNN viewer for years all the way up to the election. I realized that it has become the propaganda machine of the Democratic Party.

How is this collusion acceptable? Shouldn't our media remain free, fair and unbiased?

I know some of the leftists will say what about Foxnews. Well, I believe we should hold them all to the same standard. Let's also keep in mind that Foxnews is in the distant minority here. The next example some leftists come up with would be Alex Jones which is a nut job.
So you are saying that the media should be under govt. control.

Well now that's an interesting approach for a conservative.

I think some lines are getting blurred?!~

Old 06-22-2017, 10:11 AM

727 posts, read 387,736 times
Quote:
I had been a loyal CNN viewer for years all the way up to the election. I realized that it has become the propaganda machine of the Democratic Party.

How is this collusion acceptable? Shouldn't our media remain free, fair and unbiased?

I know some of the leftists will say what about Foxnews. Well, I believe we should hold them all to the same standard. Let's also keep in mind that Foxnews is in the distant minority here. The next example some leftists come up with would be Alex Jones which is a nut job.
Our Constitution was created in large part to avoid allowing this country to come under the rule of a tyrant. A system of checks and balances was created so that would never happen here. The free press is an important part of that system of checks and balances.

Tyrants do not like checks and balances and in particular they hate the free press. They historically first work to discredit the free press, turn the people against the free press and then silence the free press and create their own government-controlled press. This is so the citizens have no power to stop the tyrant.

In my lifetime, I cannot once remember a time where so many Americans have vilified the free press as they are doing today. And it all started with Trump's attack on any free press that criticizes him. This should be a serious rad flag about where this country is heading. "Eliminate the free press!" The mantra of every tyrant, every dictator, every authoritarian.

You state you have been a loyal CNN viewer for years. Now that's suddenly changed. Why? Could it be the president of our country has repeatedly tried to silence them by calling them fake news? You are walking a dangerous path.

If you want to know the REAL truth and intend to get it from the news, start by watching ALL the different news programs - Fox, MSNBC, CNN, The PBS News Hour, BBC, local news. And do so with an open mind. You might find your mind opening to what is really happening to our great country.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:37 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,468,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
Our Constitution was created in large part to avoid allowing this country to come under the rule of a tyrant. A system of checks and balances was created so that would never happen here. The free press is an important part of that system of checks and balances.

Tyrants do not like checks and balances and in particular they hate the free press. They historically first work to discredit the free press, turn the people against the free press and then silence the free press and create their own government-controlled press. This is so the citizens have no power to stop the tyrant.

In my lifetime, I cannot once remember a time where so many Americans have vilified the free press as they are doing today. And it all started with Trump's attack on any free press that criticizes him. This should be a serious rad flag about where this country is heading. "Eliminate the free press!" The mantra of every tyrant, every dictator, every authoritarian.

You state you have been a loyal CNN viewer for years. Now that's suddenly changed. Why? Could it be the president of our country has repeatedly tried to silence them by calling them fake news? You are walking a dangerous path.

If you want to know the REAL truth and intend to get it from the news, start by watching ALL the different news programs - Fox, MSNBC, CNN, The PBS News Hour, BBC, local news. And do so with an open mind. You might find your mind opening to what is really happening to our great country.
I changed because CNN has become a propaganda machine for the Democrats. I see through their lies and the agendas they are trying to push.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you are saying that the media should be under govt. control.

Well now that's an interesting approach for a conservative.

I think some lines are getting blurred?!~
Where did I say anything about government control? That's a pretty far leap you have done there.

I simply asked the question - who is going to keep the media honest?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Are you actually physically incapable of making an honest argument?

No where have I claimed CNN is honest, fair, and ethical.

Your parents should really be very ashamed that they raised someone who is this dishonest about everything.
When someone said 85% of Trump coverage during the election was negative, your answer was "Hey, bad press is good advertisement."

An honest person would have said, "Yes, I agree. CNN is dishonest."

Old 06-22-2017, 10:44 AM
NCN

21,666 posts, read 25,512,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I'm not sure you know what collusion means.

So far as I can tell, CNN isn't plotting anything with the DNC. The closest real example is when that CNN employee gave Hillary Clinton debate questions in advanced, something that cost her a job.

Aside from that, I'm not seeing much collusion. The level of bias is also severely exaggerated. They were pro Hillary. But they also covered Donald Trump a disproportionate amount during the primaries, something that certainly helped him win (name recognition can easily translate to votes). So unless there's evidence that the DNC and CNN are actually plotting together, their bias is more than likely just the result of market research and confirmation bias. Not collusion.
Guess you haven't seen CNN lately. They did the same thing with John McCain during the primaries. Pick the person you think will run the worst against the Democrats and build them us until the primary is over, then attack. I have observed several elections since I retired in 2006. They and several other stations are so biased, sometimes you wonder if we choose our presidents or if they do. I think we chose Trump because he was smart enough not to cater to their wrong polls and start courting the Hispanics like Romney did. Romney was ahead until he did that.

I am like the OP. Used to come home from work and turn them on for a few minutes for the headlines. Real happens when you have longer to see other views. It doesn't take long for the eyes to be opened. It is very hard to run a campaign against a 24/7 propaganda machine.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:08 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,210,509 times
Quote:
When someone said 85% of Trump coverage during the election was negative, your answer was "Hey, bad press is good advertisement."

An honest person would have said, "Yes, I agree. CNN is dishonest."
No, because my comment on Trump's press had literally nothing to do with what sort of coverage he was getting. It was the quantity, which from very early on the primaries, Trump had gotten significantly more press than any of the other Republicans. This, regardless of the coverage being positive or negative, has a positive correlation with how candidates do in polls. The Republicans who got the least coverage were more often than not among the first to drop out due to bad polling numbers.

My comment had nothing to do with honest, and frankly if it did, the problem is not with how Trump is covered but with why CNN isn't giving more air time to Republicans like Rand Paul or Rick Santorum?

You're attempting to change the focus of my point. That's dishonest and for someone who's so critical of CNN for the same thing, you'd think you'd behave with a bit more integrity.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:13 AM

727 posts, read 387,736 times
Quote:
I changed because CNN has become a propaganda machine for the Democrats. I see through their lies and the agendas they are trying to push.
I see them doing the same thing they always have. They all seem the same to me, even Fox. Maybe what's more likely than CNN becoming a propaganda machine is that your thinking has changed. The only way to know for sure is open your mind.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:14 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,404,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
I see them doing the same thing they always have. They all seem the same to me, even Fox. Maybe what's more likely than CNN becoming a propaganda machine is that your thinking has changed. The only way to know for sure is open your mind.
CNN was exposed by Wikileaks as helping Hillary Clinton to cheat the debate.

And when Hillary actually cheated, they also failed to report it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies