Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:22 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

Poor kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 06:39 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Why is she racist? Shouldn't it be called prejudice? Plenty of POC probably prefer to only use doctors that relate to them in terms of background.

I'm not trying to make excuses for her but based on past experiences some people tend to become biased or prejudice in some ways. Children are usually the most important people in parents lives. So to think that they don't become little crazy if they are put in a situation they dont' feel comfortable in is not surprising.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:18 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Why is she racist? Shouldn't it be called prejudice? Plenty of POC probably prefer to only use doctors that relate to them in terms of background.

I'm not trying to make excuses for her but based on past experiences some people tend to become biased or prejudice in some ways. Children are usually the most important people in parents lives. So to think that they don't become little crazy if they are put in a situation they dont' feel comfortable in is not surprising.
If she was making a proper appointment and had time to plan...I would see no problem. But if its on some walk-in type of stuff...she's not in any position to be making racial demands. As much as I personally talk about race on these forums, I would not give a crap who my doctor was in the E.R. LOL.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:57 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have no problem with this. So what if she only wants a white doctor?
Then choose that when looking for a primary care physician. In this case we're talking about an urgent care clinic where you get what you get. I'm in the US, not Canada. If we visit an urgent care clinic or ER we get who happens to be on staff at that time.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:25 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Well why not? Nobody seems to have an issue with requesting a doctor of a certain gender.
I prefer female doctors but obviously if I'm not in a position to choose, I'll take what I get.

I also prefer doctors who were born in the US and who attended medical school here. I don't like dealing with foreign doctors whose native language is not English. (I make exceptions for Nigerian doctors...their English is almost always marvelous and every Nigerian doctor & nurse I've ever met has been outstanding.)

Old 06-23-2017, 08:24 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Sorry but her behavior is ghetto and uncalled for. She was told what time the white doctor would come. Either wait or leave. Stop throwing a temper tantrum.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:30 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Insane bigot.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:33 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Sorry but her behavior is ghetto and uncalled for. She was told what time the white doctor would come. Either wait or leave. Stop throwing a temper tantrum.
I'm with you. And to mention brown teeth? That's disgusting and no role model for a child.

It's perfectly acceptable to have preferences and to seek out someone you're comfortable with, but this is like going to a deli counter and asking when someone white will be on duty. If you're that small minded, move on instead of making a scene.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:35 AM

275 posts, read 185,650 times
It looks like an episode of Trailer Park Boys.
I understand booking an appointment with the doctor of your preference, based on language, religion, culture, race... whatever makes you most comfortable.
But in an emergency and having a kid sick, as long as it certified I wouldn't care who treated my kid.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:40 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
She's a horrible person, but it's her right and prerogative to choose who she wants to treat her family.

I'm sure many people in this world want to be served by only their race/ethnicity/nationality.

Happens everywhere, everyday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/racist-wo...103247568.html
Either way, she's still ignorant. Actually, the best doctors that I go see, are the Spanish ones in Peru. I'd rather go there where they seem to actually care about their patient. The ones in the US are dictated to by either the clinic/hospital CEO's, or the insurance companies.

Only time I think it's appropriate to request a certain genre doctor would be if they are a man or woman. I can see some women and girls being more comfortable with talking to a woman doctor when it comes to OBGYN check ups or when seeking a maternity doctor. Or in the sad case when a woman is being examined after a rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies