Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 08:56 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You hate liberals. Congratulations, Breitbart, FOX News, The Cato Institute, and The Heritage Foundation have all done their jobs.

Let's get down to it. What have the Republicans done to make your life better?
You may ask in turn What have the Democrats done for us lately? I do have an answer for you. President Obama issued an executive order last year to raise the salary level for overtime eligibility to 47,000 a year. What that means is that if you make 46K a year, you make time and a half for every hour that you work every week over 40. If that's the case, why are you still salaried? You are still salaried because a Republican judge from Texas struck down Obama's executive order in December.

The Republicans have a lot of plans; corporate tax cuts, rescinding Obamacare to pay for the corporate tax cuts, undermining Social Security and Medicare. What's in it for you?

I repeat. What's in it for you?
What have the Republicans done for you lately?
You know there's a problem when you're expecting something from your government. How about you do for yourself and quit looking to the government for a handout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 08:58 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,986,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
OKed the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines (let all who oppose this stop using gasoline and natural gas).
That pipeline has nothing to do with the gas in my car. It's not destined for here. We're just a stop along the way to China or wherever the highest bidder lives. But it is likely my tax dollars that will be used to clean up the leaks that are already happening. All for a few temporary jobs.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:11 AM

937 posts, read 699,093 times
Quote:
My retirement funds have soared!
Just like I said, another selfish, self centered, greedy capitalistic that only cars about himself. Another transplant in Florida. It's obvious the sun is frying their brains (assuming they had any in the 1st place).

Shame on you, you are plain disgusting!

Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,328,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You hate liberals. Congratulations, Breitbart, FOX News, The Cato Institute, and The Heritage Foundation have all done their jobs.

Let's get down to it. What have the Republicans done to make your life better?
You may ask in turn What have the Democrats done for us lately? I do have an answer for you. President Obama issued an executive order last year to raise the salary level for overtime eligibility to 47,000 a year. What that means is that if you make 46K a year, you make time and a half for every hour that you work every week over 40. If that's the case, why are you still salaried? You are still salaried because a Republican judge from Texas struck down Obama's executive order in December.

The Republicans have a lot of plans; corporate tax cuts, rescinding Obamacare to pay for the corporate tax cuts, undermining Social Security and Medicare. What's in it for you?

I repeat. What's in it for you?
What have the Republicans done for you lately?
If you are so shallow as to believe that Big Brother can do something for you without penalizing someone else (Yeah; I know; Trump / rich Republicans / blah....blah.....blah) then YOU are the real problem!

Old 06-22-2017, 09:17 AM

783 posts, read 576,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Kept Hillary out of the WH and therefore blocked her from stacking the Supreme Court with Liberal activist judges.

Anything beyond that is icing on the cake.
Preach brother, PREACH!

Old 06-22-2017, 09:18 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Just like I said, another selfish, self centered, greedy capitalistic that only cars about himself. Another transplant in Florida. It's obvious the sun is frying their brains (assuming they had any in the 1st place).

Oh FFS. Save the hanky-waving dramatics for your local theater group.

There is nothing remotely selfish or greedy about saving and investing for one's retirement. That you find preparation and self-sufficiency "disgusting" says something even worse about you.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:21 AM

12,033 posts, read 6,564,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

My husband and I started out quite poor, but were able to save enough money and took great risks to start a business. After working our butts off for decades, and living frugally and below our means -- the American Dream paid off, and we are quite well off now financially, and our retirement portfolio is improving under Trump -- but I understand that is disgusting and selfish behavior to a liberal like yourself.. LOL

Old 06-22-2017, 10:13 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
That pipeline has nothing to do with the gas in my car. It's not destined for here. We're just a stop along the way to China or wherever the highest bidder lives. But it is likely my tax dollars that will be used to clean up the leaks that are already happening. All for a few temporary jobs.
It has everything to do with the gas in your car. Why do you think oil is $43 a barrel? OPEC is irrelevant because of American and Canadian fracking and pipelines.

Pipelines leak, boats leak, airplanes leak, everything that holds a fluid under pressure leaks. Old people leak. Leaking is a fact of life.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:15 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Slightly more than the dems have. The GOP didn't cause my health insurance costs to more than double. The dems own that one all by themselves.
Other than that doesn't matter who is office the middle class is going to get screwed.
Just wait till Trumpcare comes out. You think your rates are high now!!!

Old 06-22-2017, 10:20 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, somehow, you think that giving free education, free healthcare, free medical care, free........... and higher wages for jobs that, frankly, don't deserve those wages is the answer to keeping companies in the US. Ah, that does not compute.
So the less you are paid the more you are worth it. That concept works well for China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies