Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 08:37 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Allowed? What is this allowed ****?

Whose permission does she need????
The man.

According to the NC law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 08:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
OK this shouldn't be a question at all, but I can't help coming up with scenarios now. I think most women (and men) are going to tolerate a level of discomfort so that the other may 'finish' but what if the guy is like taking an hour? And putting the woman in gymnastic positions trying to find the right angle and it's just taking too damn long and she is in discomfort or even pain? How can it even be a question?

On the flip side, does the law also require men to do whatever it takes for the woman to finish?

Old 06-22-2017, 08:45 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
How is this even a question?

Well, since the prison system is full of men convicted of crimes they didn't commit, how many extra strokes will separate the innocent from the lifers?

Three?

One?

Old 06-22-2017, 08:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

All that would do is open up even more lawsuits against males. Women would start consenting, then cry rape. Besides, where is it written a woman can't?

Maybe there should be a signed contract before any sex. THAT would sure put a freeze on the moment.

Shouldn't this be in the relationships forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, since the prison system is full of men convicted of crimes they didn't commit, how many extra strokes will separate the innocent from the lifers?

Three?

One?
Thank God there are still rational people. We are a dying lot.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
I'm still kind of reeling and incredulous at the actual question;

"Should women be allowed to change their minds during sex".

I mean....WHAT?

Possibly one of the stupidest and nonsensical questions I've ever heard. What kind of a person thinks it's okay for a man to just carry on? And if women want to change their minds they don't need flippin' permission! Jeez.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:55 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm still kind of reeling and incredulous at the actual question;

"Should women be allowed to change their minds during sex".

I mean....WHAT?

Possibly one of the stupidest and nonsensical questions I've ever heard. What kind of a person thinks it's okay for a man to just carry on? And if women want to change their minds they don't need flippin' permission! Jeez.
The NC lawmakers

Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Ridiculous...any woman or man has the right to revoke consent during sex.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:22 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In 1979, the NC Supreme Court ruled a person can't be charged with rape if the partner initially consented to sex, but revoke consent after sexual intercourse begins. In State Vs. Way, the court determined 'if the actual penetration is accomplished with the woman's consent, the accused is not guilty of rape, although he may be guilty of another crime because of his subsequent actions.'

It’s really stupid,” Palmer said of the law. “If I tell you no and you kept going, that’s rape.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think A woman or man may withdraw consent during sex because the sex has become too rough or uncomfortable for their liking. So I can see the "no means no" argument.

This said, A false accusation of rape can certainly be damaging socially, and I think it's probably somewhat more likely for unstable, vindictive women to lie.

The truth is that in countries with the presumption of innocence, "her word against his" accomplishes basically nothing in court. Rape case is very hard to prove.
Yeah but it actually making it a law? It's like going backwards so far ..... to a time when women had no say at all. It's a green light for men to be like 'it doesn't matter what you say now'. It's crazy.

ETA: The person in the article, she revoked consent because it turned violent which she had never consented to.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:31 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Yeah but actually making it a law? It's like going backwards so far ..... to a time when women had no say at all. It's a green light for men to be like 'it doesn't matter what you say now'. It's crazy to make it a LAW.
You know, I thought about this thread alot before I responded.

I thought of all species in nature from the least crustation to the most advanced mammal, and all females of each species has the ability to break off sexual contact at any point in the process. In many cases of nature, they do and for no discernable reason.

It does appear that most all species on the planet, the male displays and dominates other males to entice the female and she chooses who, how much and how far. It does appear to be a common drive among species and is glorified among humans.

The only difference between humans and all other species are the religious restrictions and moral judgements that's put on the sex act.

So yes. A woman can break off the sex act at any time if she chooses.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:32 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
At that point I don't consider it rape. I think it's a different sort of crime, or maybe not even a "crime" at all but something else. Maybe this is people learning that they should be more cautious with who they have sex with. That could lead to reflection and self reckoning and maybe they realize they are not living life right and are part of their own problem.

It's probably something in the middle but everyone wants to be 100% correct and the other to be 100% in the wrong so they don't have to face their own bad judgment.
Of course its rape. At any point during sex that one partner says no then the other needs to respect that immediately and stop, to carry on is most definitely rape (obviously very hard to prove in a court of law but it shouldn't have to get to that point because people should understand that its rape and have some basic level of respect for their sexual partners). There are many reasons why someone might want to withdraw consent after sex has started, for instance pain, or the other person starts doing something they don't feel comfortable with, or a birth control issue (one partner might feel the condom slip or break or one might need that the male pulls out)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies