Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 07:41 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Definitely, any time she can stop the action, no means NO!!!!

And if she has regrets about the "consensual-rendezvous", a claim of rape is totally justified.
I don't agree with the second part. If a someone wants to stop, they need to communicate that as soon as they want to stop. People aren't mind-readers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 07:48 PM

574 posts, read 382,241 times
Disclaimer: I am not a Lawyer, nor do I pretend to be one

You consented? you consented.., You didnt consent, its rape.. it can ruin lives when someone regrets it after the fact, when it wasnt rape. apparently to some, screwing up a guys life sounds like fun wr something. Shameful, really!

how about: have any doubts on wether you want to have sex or not? DONT!

SSeligman

Old 06-23-2017, 07:55 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeligman View Post
Disclaimer: I am not a Lawyer, nor do I pretend to be one

You consented? you consented.., You didnt consent, its rape.. it can ruin lives when someone regrets it after the fact, when it wasnt rape. apparently to some, screwing up a guys life sounds like fun wr something. Shameful, really!

how about: have any doubts on wether you want to have sex or not? DONT!

SSeligman
There are many reasons why consent would be withdrawn that have nothing to do with ambivalence over having sex. Maybe the condom broke, maybe s/he has to use the washroom, maybe there's a physical issue, maybe the partner is being way too rough, maybe there's an emergency of some sort, etc.

Of course, they need to verbally and clearly tell the other person to stop. That draws the line that separates "not rape" and "rape". If the partner doesn't immediately back off, that line is being crossed.

I'm talking about withdrawing consent DURING sex, not AFTER it.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:01 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I wasn't being serious...just a joke to mock how people use the social contract to say non-consensual activities are actually consensual. I don't consent to a lot of things that are forced on me, but people try to tell me I have by not moving.

So yes, I do believe men or women should be allowed to revoke consent during sex, but obviously not after. It can get a little more complicated when it comes to real contracts, like if I signed something saying some person could have sex with me whenever they want for the next year, and then after a few months I change my mind...but that's sort of over-complicating things for the point of this topic.
Oh phew!

Old 06-24-2017, 02:42 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
I don't think many Juries could be convinced to a level of beyond reasonable doubt and 99% certainty in such cases. Indeed many cases are already difficult enough to prove.

Such cases re based on one persons account of events against that of another, and we can not just blindly believe one party over another, without any real evidence, especially when someines entire life can hinge on such a decision. Indeed such decisions can lead to substantial prison entences and for individuals to be on sex offenders registers and to have lifelong criminal records.

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-24-2017 at 02:51 AM..

Old 06-24-2017, 03:03 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I'm still kind of reeling and incredulous at the actual question;

"Should women be allowed to change their minds during sex".

I mean....WHAT?

Possibly one of the stupidest and nonsensical questions I've ever heard. What kind of a person thinks it's okay for a man to just carry on? And if women want to change their minds they don't need flippin' permission! Jeez.
What kind of person? Apparently 18 people (so far) responding to this thread. Makes one wonder the kinds of people with whom we are corresponding.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:14 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
What kind of person? Apparently 18 people (so far) responding to this thread. Makes one wonder the kinds of people with whom we are corresponding.
My thoughts exactly.

Are they rapists?

Trolls trying to get a reaction?

Men tired of women stopping them in the middle of things with, "That's enough. That's enough. Let's go do something else." ?

??

Old 06-24-2017, 03:24 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Are they rapists?

Trolls trying to get a reaction?

Men tired of women stopping them in the middle of things with, "That's enough. That's enough. Let's go do something else." ?

??
Most likely sad little men who are angry because women won't have sex with them.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:29 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
At what point do men generally assume consent?

The good guys always stop, of course.

But at what point do they think it is unfair for a hoped-for sexual partner to keep going and then call a halt to matters?

Say you're doing dishes together. You kiss her on the neck. She leans back into you and things go from there.

Then somewhere along the line, but not quite at the station, she says stop.

At what point is it still fair?

Old 06-24-2017, 03:29 AM

983 posts, read 737,637 times
No, she agreed to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies