Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 11:15 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I'm sure this is an impeachable offense. He had 2 scoops of Ice cream the other day, so what? This is big news how?
It's impreachable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 11:16 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Frankly I'm beginning to think you're actually pro-Trump because you keep posting these garbage smoke screen stories every time something actually important like the Healthcare bill etc. are in the news.

Regardless, he should send you a fruit basket for helping him out whether intentional or not.
I can see the future so clearly. These people will not serve as role models for a great political revolution but as a cautionary tale of how to deconstruct a political party by the numbers. The childishly transparent prejudice. Their highly organized propaganda tsunami. The demented outrage fits. The phony causes they champion. Silently objective, moderate, critically thinking Americans watched and noted the marginalization of anyone questioning a doctrinaire ideology. Keep it up. Keep underestimating the opposition.

Dien Bien Phu is a b**ch. LOL!

Old 06-23-2017, 11:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I've shown more than a reasonable response to your "personal" outrage at my expressed opinions. You and others have shown you're above the rules of this forum and it apparently escapes your notice you've been allowed to do so.

Instead of accepting my stated agreeing with some of your points and an admission of taking them as seriously as you're posing them, you insist on YOUR OPINION as being the only imperative here and are luxuriating in the ability to keep on demanding capitulation without any censure.

You do not have the moral or ethical right to demand anything of me for expressing opinions. You have all the right in the world to point out what you do not "like" and I have the right to admit to some of them having credence, as I have done, without your continued demand I fall on my sword in the center of the Washington Mall.

Back to you.
Well now, that's just plain silly, and most hanky-clutchingly dramatic.

But I *will* concede that I'm rubbing it in deep now. My resentment has grown along with the number of your rancor-filled posts here. My observation is that you seem to have lost objectivity and replaced it with bombast. I've seen your posts for a long time. I've seen them change. They have become ugly and unproductive and geared more toward fomenting further division than anything else. I'm disappointed in that. I thought you were better than that. By gosh I definitely hate to be wrong, I'll admit.

I'm proud to American. I'm no more righteous or good than any law-abiding citizen of any other country. I just proudly stand for my country. I won't allow global henpecking to rewire me into shame, unworthiness, and self-flaggelating behavior. And that's the exactly what people like you are attempting to do here.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Is Trump driving onto the green a big deal? No, not at all

Does Trump driving onto the green show what a Jerk he is and how obnoxious and arrogant he is? Yes.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:28 AM

348 posts, read 255,808 times
Unforgivable sin?

Some people need to get a life and put all that drama and outrage into changing the world. This happens at many golf courses and you can see the tracks.

Is it wrong? Yes, but like many things people do it anyway. Last I heard when you own a place you can override the rules.

Is this the only thing MSN can find to print on Trump today?

That's right. They need a new Trump headline.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:31 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
For The Win
Golfers outraged after Donald Trump commits golf

Lard-A** is too lazy to walk the course, but even on the green! We're talking about an imbecile, though!
That's white privilege for ya. If Tiger Woods had done that, he'd be in jail.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:38 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Well now, that's just plain silly, and most hanky-clutchingly dramatic.

But I *will* concede that I'm rubbing it in deep now. My resentment has grown along with the number of your rancor-filled posts here. My observation is that you seem to have lost objectivity and replaced it with bombast. I've seen your posts for a long time. I've seen them change. They have become ugly and unproductive and geared more toward fomenting further division than anything else. I'm disappointed in that. I thought you were better than that. By gosh I definitely hate to be wrong, I'll admit.

I'm proud to American. I'm no more righteous or good than any law-abiding citizen of any other country. I just proudly stand for my country. I won't allow global henpecking to rewire me into shame, unworthiness, and self-flaggelating behavior. And that's the exactly what people like you are attempting to do here.
I'm taking this all in Nor-Cal and repeat; I'm not so thick-headed so as to ignore your comments.

It is posts such as this one that will cause me to perform introspection and I can tell you right now; I'm not enjoying your misgivings at my behaviour.

A very rapid perusing of my last posting history showed me the points I thought I was making buried deeply under that "vitriol" you mentioned earlier.

I realize I now need to abandon the snarky repartee and make whatever point I wish to make without the additional off putting colouring. Even a curmudgeon realizes people will stop taking him seriously if he's constantly and consistently negative.

You have had a far greater effect on me than you might realize. Your "personal" approach was unexpected and surprising. It has caused me to take pause and consider I may not be standing on the most solid of moral/ethical foundations.

You lectured me with passion and eloquence akin to having been taken to the woodshed by my long deceased parent. That in itself garners my respect.

Taken altogether, I'm still not too old to re-acquaint myself with common human decency.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:52 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
No its just that we warned you that the guy you voted for was a lying, con man who had no ethics. Not being able to follow the rules of Golf is a sign of a character flaw.
Well, such a statement as you just made about the sitting president, in the past 8 years, meant the person making the statement was/is a racist. im just saying.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:54 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Americans; I sympathize with you. You may have deserved the leadership deficit you've gotten but not this constant spectacle of buffoonery and infantile behaviour.
why would you say something so overtly racist? I know this is racist because my progressive friends told me such a statement was in fact racist. I learned,. you cant say that its racist.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
I'm taking this all in Nor-Cal and repeat; I'm not so thick-headed so as to ignore your comments.

It is posts such as this one that will cause me to perform introspection and I can tell you right now; I'm not enjoying your misgivings at my behaviour.

A very rapid perusing of my last posting history showed me the points I thought I was making buried deeply under that "vitriol" you mentioned earlier.

I realize I now need to abandon the snarky repartee and make whatever point I wish to make without the additional off putting colouring. Even a curmudgeon realizes people will stop taking him seriously if he's constantly and consistently negative.

You have had a far greater effect on me than you might realize. Your "personal" approach was unexpected and surprising. It has caused me to take pause and consider I may not be standing on the most solid of moral/ethical foundations.

You lectured me with passion and eloquence akin to having been taken to the woodshed by my long deceased parent. That in itself garners my respect.

Taken altogether, I'm still not too old to re-acquaint myself with common human decency.
And I would be remiss in ending this conversation without pointing a few important things out myself.

I always enjoyed your posts. You have a knowledge of America and of our political system and military not often seen in non-Americans. So when you engage in technical discussion, I rarely disagree with you. I would never see fit to so intently engage with someone whose input here made no difference to me whatsoever. But you are an important member here, and that's why I feel so strongly about this discussion we're having here.

I'll walk away and check myself, too. It is my intent moving forward to inject more positivity than negativity into our shared forum and that requires some better habits on my part, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies