Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 12:01 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Golfer's outraged.

MANY golfers are NOT outraged.

Post FAIL!

Golf has an element that is just flat uptight. For some their golf game means everything. I have to wonder how taking any pastime so bloody seriously can equate to relaxation and fun. I'm a competition shooter, and I take tuning my guns, practice, tailoring ammunition and such seriously but somehow I've never lost sight of the fact that this is FUN. In shooting, it's rather looked down on to be a "whiner." Complaining about the course, conditions on the course, weather, equipment issues, whatever. We call that the "shut up and shoot" factor.

Golf has to be THE most uptight "fun" I've ever seen. The couple times I've done it I couldn't have any fun because everybody's underwear was so wadded up. It does make it easier to understand why they allow alcohol on the course though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 12:26 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
And I would be remiss in ending this conversation without pointing a few important things out myself.

I always enjoyed your posts. You have a knowledge of America and of our political system and military not often seen in non-Americans. So when you engage in technical discussion, I rarely disagree with you. I would never see fit to so intently engage with someone whose input here made no difference to me whatsoever. But you are an important member here, and that's why I feel so strongly about this discussion we're having here.

I'll walk away and check myself, too. It is my intent moving forward to inject more positivity than negativity into our shared forum and that requires some better habits on my part, too.
Thank you for that; and can only hope you "intended" to use the word "important" without that being a misspelling.

I was at one point tempted to use that well known and abject failure of an admonishment "if you don't like what I say just put me on ignore" but realized no person thinking of themselves as reasonably intelligent should ever want others with demonstrated intelligence, whose opinions they've come to respect, to ignore them.

In reviewing some of the more recent threads, I've gleaned the impression nothing I provided by way of snark was not already busheled up and poured in by Americans themselves. In that sense a Canadian piling on is superfluous and will get nothing but scorn.

Respect is a hard won commodity and to squander it through misuse of this forum, regardless of my anonymity, is not a thought I relish.

I'm rather appreciative of the mod's and other posters allowing this off topic discussion to run it's course and achieve this juncture.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Golf...

I'm amazed people actually golf still...

Marksmanship that's my weekend treat.
It's like golf. But for men.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:39 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
For The Win
Golfers outraged after Donald Trump commits golf

Lard-A** is too lazy to walk the course, but even on the green! We're talking about an imbecile, though!
Did you notice that he was bringing his partner his putter?

At worst, a "senior moment". He drove on and looks like he realized his mistake and he drove off.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:50 PM

628 posts, read 695,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Trumps lack of golf etiquette, oh the horror! World peace is at stake, lol.
I agree with you about World Peace... That is not all the etiquette he lacks! I do not understand how people can honor the man. He is a liar, lazy, rude and etc., etc., etc., to many to name. I have a friend who lives in another Country who asked what were we thinking. Not my fault! I voted

Old 06-23-2017, 12:57 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Golf...

I'm amazed people actually golf still...

Marksmanship that's my weekend treat.
It's like golf. But for men.
I'm a golfer and you need to do one thing above all others in golf: choose your foursome carefully.

The necessary requirements for marksmanship are surprisingly the same for the recreational golfer.

Control and ability to ignore distracting influences. Muscle memory to the extent that allows for picturing the shot and it's arrival on target being in your mind's eye and all physical actions designed to achieve that.

That little tug to the right of the trigger with the crook of your first joint being placed over the hook instead of a straight back gentle Squeeze is exactly like gripping the club too strongly with the forehand.

Lastly you need to enhance enjoyment of the game by realizing the only person you're actually playing against is yourself.

My first firearm was an "Eatonia" single shot .22 given to me on my 12th birthday and made by Cooey for the Timothy Eaton stores in Toronto that little thing weighed less than 3 lbs and you could watch the barrel jump with each heartbeat.

I no longer have the capacity to shoot with any accuracy standing up, barrel wander resembles a drunk biker on the Tail of The Dragon highway. Others my age can and I marvel at that ability.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Funny how the Trumplings make light of his laziness and stupidity, but had Obama or Clinton done the same they would be throwing one of their hissy fits.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:13 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Funny how the Trumplings make light of his laziness and stupidity, but had Obama or Clinton done the same they would be throwing one of their hissy fits.
Hmm. What election has Clinton won recently? What happened to the Democrats under Obama? I thought so.

We are laughing at the derangement over Trump accidentally driving a cart onto a putting green that he owns.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:30 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
So...did the marshal write Trump up or throw him off the course for driving on the green?

No? I thought not. No problem, then.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:39 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,075 times
Fits this thread nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
Golfers outraged after Donald Trump commits golf’s ‘unforgivable’ sin-oscottish_caddy.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies