Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 12:50 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Waldo is on my ignore list, so no he won't be getting a reply. I really need to put you on ignore too. Buh bye!
That's one way to avoid argument that you have lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 12:51 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
That's a 10/10.

Got it in as the first response too.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:51 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Because Obama did not want to be viewed as helping Clinton or putting his thumb on the scale.
Ahh.

So you claim that Obama told the NSA, FBI, CIA and others not to defend our election systems, because he thought it would look bad for Hillary Clinton.

LOL

Old 06-23-2017, 12:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Do you remember during the campaigns when Obama and Hillary made run of Trump for suggesting that there could be hacking or rigging the election?

They swore up and down there was no way that that could happen.

So....what made Dems change theur tune so fast?

Any other reason than the fact that you lost?

If Hillary won would you be so rabidly blaming Russia?

Would you even care?
Why don't you read the article? Hillary was not aware of it, and Obama would not leak highly classified information. This leaking garbage Trump throws out with the red meat to his crowd is lies.

"...But at the highest levels of government, among those responsible for managing the crisis, the first moment of true foreboding about Russia’s intentions arrived with that CIA intelligence.

The material was so sensitive that CIA Director John Brennan kept it out of the President’s Daily Brief, concerned that even that restricted report’s distribution was too broad.

The CIA package came with instructions that it be returned immediately after it was read. To guard against leaks, subsequent meetings in the Situation Room followed the same protocols as planning sessions for the Osama bin Laden raid..."

Old 06-23-2017, 01:49 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,856,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its funny, pages of "fake news, who cares, etc etc" mixed in with "Of course we care, who doesn't?" Literally the first 3 posts are hilarious.

Look folks, Russia got heavily involved, and used technology in a way that had a massive effect unlike attempts in the past. Thats a fact. You can deny it all you want. Russia effected our election, and we have the most divisive president ever.

That doesn't make Trump illegitimate, we voted him in. Period. Theres no evidence that votes were changed.

Those saying this is normal, and like the past are wrong. This is not remotely like the past-yes the attempt is.....but the effectiveness and results are vastly different, and getting worse. Its like comparing the Russians doing a flyby of a reconnaissance plane at short range to send a message, and them firing a nuke to send a message. The technology used has changed the game.

This is vastly different. And Trump needs to take it seriously. I know he doesn't want to hear it, but he needs to deal with reality, and recognize that the Russians arent our friends. To anyone thinking this makes Trump illegitimate, you are wrong. He got elected by us picking him. And attempting to argue that this changes that is to ignore reality as well. we as a nation voted him in.

Collusion is the question of course. But there is nothing I have seen pointing towards Trump on this. His aides on the other hand may have. Dont know, but hopefully mueller figures it out.

What if his aides did collude? Then they go to prison. It doesn't change who is president either. But his attacks on the investigation may be impeachable. And if so, there is a process and the Republicans can impeach him.

Fiyero is right though, Trump was put into power by a foreign enemy. But we as a nation helped do it. We need to cope with that, and fix it for the future. And we need to have a president who is strong enough that he makes Russia regret it. We need this to stop or it will be worse every election. We need Trump to deal with this instead of thinking its some made up witch hunt. He needs to stop watching idiot talking heads on the news. They're not helping.
The bolded parts are complete rubbish,(as is most of this diatribe) There is no law against collusion.

RR

Old 06-23-2017, 01:54 PM

Funny this sounds alot like collusion to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

So does this mean that Putin was controlling the Obama election also?

Obama to Russia:

RR

Old 06-23-2017, 01:55 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
So...another "secret report" from an "unnamed source"? Can fake news be any more obvious?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:57 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what the left wants exactly out of this....

Let's say Russia wanted Donald Trump elected and attempted to tilt the election in his favor...ok, great, fine....

What exactly do they suggest we do about it? Start a nuclear war over it??

Whatdo they want the end result to be from all of this?

Do they think Hillary is going to be dug up and carried into the White House?

I dunno, maybe punish Russia with more economic sanctions; have a fair and impartial investigation to see if any people on his staff/campaign worked with Russia/Russian agents and punish anyone who did. Investigate if Trump or anyone on his staff/in his admin have ties to Russia or are in positions where Russia has leverage over them and expel them from the government, figure out why Putin was so gung ho about Trump winning, I doubt it was just so he could get invited to Mar-A-Lago....maybe just that for starters

I'm sure if the situation were reversed and Putin interfered ot elect Hillary you'd fell the same way and just let bygones be bygones right?

Old 06-23-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I dunno, maybe punish Russia with more economic sanctions; have a fair and impartial investigation to see if any people on his staff/campaign worked with Russia/Russian agents and punish anyone who did. Investigate if Trump or anyone on his staff/in his admin have ties to Russia or are in positions where Russia has leverage over them and expel them from the government, figure out why Putin was so gung ho about Trump winning, I doubt it was just so he could get invited to Mar-A-Lago....maybe just that for starters

I'm sure if the situation were reversed and Putin interfered ot elect Hillary you'd fell the same way and just let bygones be bygones right?
Maybe he wanted to avoid WW3 with war monger HilLIARy.

Oh and there is no law against collusion.

Actually HilLIARy did colluded with very wealthy middle eastern gulf states, they donated heavily to her now defunct Clinton crime family foundation, at lest they did until she lost the election.
The pay back was to be a US war with Syria to oust Assad thus clearing the way for the Qatar/Turkey pipeline.

Syria Is Another Pipeline War

RR

Old 06-23-2017, 02:15 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,088,674 times
Either:

1.) A heavily-sanctioned foreign adversary, with an economy based solely on fossil fuels, a propensity for cyber crime, and with nothing to lose, coordinated with a US candidate with a long history of working with Russian mobsters and mafiosos, Russian money laundering, Russian investments, lawyers, lobbyists, and governmental cronies, worked to elect such a candidate in the hopes that an oil executive would be made the Secretary of State of the US, to lift such sanctions, whilst destabilizing the one opposing force to its world-wide meddling and criminal activity... or

2.) Liberals are mad about losing the election and every major media organization in the United States, not to mentioned most other free democracies in the world, is in collusion with every US intelligence agency, including the NSA, FBI, and CIA, to take down a POTUS that they simply do not like.

It makes me sick to my stomach that option 2 is worth even a moments consideration by any American, but yeah, here we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies