Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:53 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
an apology would be nice
I don't think Putin will warm up to that idea anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 09:57 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
I'm not sure why all of a sudden "unnamed sources" is an issue, when it's been a industry standard for years when your source does not want their name to get out, especially when it could put them in personal danger.

That being said, I would like to see this a bit more verified before running with it. As it would prove pretty much this was a sham election.
Journalists don't care to verify the accuracy of the info at this point, simply because they are now in a race to see who can put out the clickbait first.

They'd rather be the first to break the news (true or not) in a hyper competitive field where "journalists" from all walks of life are looking to make a name for themselves.

The integrity of the field is in the toilet.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:00 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This is disingenuous. Sources are unnamed because they risk their lives and careers to get the truth out.

You may not like the truth because it conflicts with your narrative, but journalists die every year to protect their sources.

But in this age when the truth is under assault, it does not surprise me that journalism and sources are under attack.
You don't know the truth unless you have the right security clearance. All you have is someone's word for it.

Few outlets are practicing ethical journalism. Activism is not journalism and they have lower approval ratings than a worm.

Even if Putin did help Trump. He is just one of many others who helped Trump and still no proof of collusion but if there was its not a crime. Laughable is what you have

Old 06-23-2017, 10:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
And you believe it. That's what's mind blowing.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:03 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
I love how when direct evidence of Russia meddling in our elections is presented, Trumpers blow it off. "who cares?!?"

But when a quirky actor like Depp talks about when the last time an actor killed a president, Trumpers freak out as if it's front page news, like Trump's life is truly in danger.....from Edward Scissorhands.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
All the Trump worshippers/Republicans who continue to ignore that Trump was put in power by a foreign enemy.
Put away your tinfoil hat.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:05 AM

862 posts, read 519,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I love how when direct evidence of Russia meddling in our elections is presented, Trumpers blow it off. "who cares?!?"

But when a quirky actor like Depp talks about when the last time an actor killed a president, Trumpers freak out as if it's front page news, like Trump's life is truly in danger.....from Edward Scissorhands.
How about people who didn't even vote for Trump who still see it as "who cares"?

The democrats and the media that does their bidding is going to get nothing out of this. They need to move on and worry about how to make the country better, not this distraction.

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
In the end, you're left to taking their word for it. In the article, the other intelligence agencies didn't agree.

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what the left wants exactly out of this....

Let's say Russia wanted Donald Trump elected and attempted to tilt the election in his favor...ok, great, fine....

What exactly do they suggest we do about it? Start a nuclear war over it??

Whatdo they want the end result to be from all of this?

Do they think Hillary is going to be dug up and carried into the White House?
How about:

1. Acknowledge it's a possibility
2. Investigate it without pretense
3. If it happened, figure out HOW, so we can prevent it in the future.

One of the kindest analysis of Trump that I've heard is the he did nothing wrong (with regards to Russia) and he was not involved in any collusion, but his absolute interference with the investigation, and blatent obstruction was the real crime. Even if he was innocent from the get-go, his objstruction of the investigation of PUTIN'S crime is putting him in hot water.

But let me reverse the question on you: If it turned out true, what would YOU want the end result to be? To ignore it as water under the bridge? No thanks...

Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Trump, report says - CBS News

Absolutely mind blowing to me that not only did Putin personally direct this operation, but that Republicans are perfectly ok with it.

This was without a doubt a Russian coup of the U.S.
Putin is able to read the weakness of the western democracies very well.

With regards to the United States, he can see how badly divided we are into mostly 2 camps. In some sense, we are almost at war with ourselves. The center of American politics is weak, instead we are being led by extreme left wing and right wing politicians. Only a massive event like Sept 11 can temporally unite us.

Having said that, I believe the great majority of Trump supporters were NOT going to vote for Hillary and did not need the Russians to tell us there was something very shady about Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, speeches to Wall Street for $250,000 and missing emails. As an Independent, I might have voted for a Democratic ticket with Bernie Sanders, possibly Jim Webb but never Hillary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies