Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,601,039 times

Advertisements

This is pretty much what Don the Con claimed about the "tapes" he talked about.

Unless one is a complete fool, the idea that the POTUS deliberately and constantly makes up stuff out of thin air....even to the FBI, CIA, Congress, the American People and the World...is deeply troubling.

No one expects a POTUS to fulfill all their promises or intentions. That's not the point here. The point is that, even if you could before, it's impossible to believe a single word out of his mouth (I never did, because I lived near Atlantic City and watched Trump ruin it with taxpayer money, etc.).

Old 06-23-2017, 10:02 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,838,739 times
In which case he fits in perfectly with ever career politician that ever help office.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:04 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,079,693 times
Trump is an idiot. His supporters know it, but their egos are way too big (like Donald's) to admit they were wrong about the guy.

But let Trumpers tell it, they don't care what Donald does, as long as "liberals are in meltdown mode." Trumpers would rather watch the country burn if it meant liberals would be angry, than work together to make things better.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:04 AM

8,076 posts, read 10,017,178 times
Anyone who has lived in the NYC area, or lives where has put down a footprint, knows what a clown he is. Tabloid fodder. Playboy going through a litany of babes, according to the enquirer at the supermarket checkout.

As Romney said, and is well known to those of us who have been close to Donald, he is a clown, a fraud, a charlatan, a pretend mobster and a scamster. Nothing we have seen thus far from him as leader of the free world has detracted from any of these characterizations.

What is amazing is that he tries things on the world stage like suggesting he has tapes, which affected the way in which Justice conducted their investigation of him. Quite stupidly, he intentionally obstructed justice while thinking he was being cute and clever. Even after Comey put the truth out there, ahead of the Donald, he still stuck to his story that there might be tapes, or there might not be tapes. If there were, they would have confirmed what Comey said, so why play that card?

The only thing that is going to take this clown down is himself. We just need to step back and let him self destruct. Read this morning's article in the Washington Post about the toll his little games are taking on his physical and mental health. He is almost fried....from within.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:26 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,292,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Anyone who has lived in the NYC area, or lives where has put down a footprint, knows what a clown he is.
Actually, you couldn't be more wrong...you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about. I worked on Wall St for many years and while I never met or had dealings with Donald Trump many of my colleagues did. He loves the limelight and isn't the least bit bashful about enjoying the good life or flaunting his wealth, no doubt. But according to people I know who have worked with Trump, he's also a brilliant businessman, very shrewd, very talented at getting the best out of the people around him.

Now if only Democrats would stop lying about Trump, maybe we could get this country going again.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:29 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,558,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Unless one is a complete fool, the idea that the POTUS deliberately and constantly makes up stuff out of thin air....even to the FBI, CIA, Congress, the American People and the World...is deeply troubling.

No one expects a POTUS to fulfill all their promises or intentions. That's not the point here. The point is that, even if you could before, it's impossible to believe a single word out of his mouth (I never did, because I lived near Atlantic City and watched Trump ruin it with taxpayer money, etc.).
So now he is a politician.

I don't care what he says. I care what he does.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:41 AM

7,163 posts, read 4,729,326 times
Quote:

Trump is full of crap. He initially tweeted about the "tapes" because he was angry and he wanted to threaten Comey. Typical bullying move. IT BACKFIRED.

He isn't that smart. It took him 40 days to come up with today's story.

End result of Trump's stupid games? Now we have a special counsel in place who is going to investigate for a very long, long time. That is the last thing Trump wanted or needed.

Trump is an idiot.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:45 AM

58,659 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:

"Trump "I lie to the Congress, the American People and even the Military to "fool" them!"

"
This is pretty much what Don the Con claimed about the "tapes" he talked about."

Many on the left are getting more disillusion every day.

I suggest you take a reading compression course.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,796,183 times
I don’t blame Trump for his lack of moral ethics, he is what he is. However I do blame those who voted and supported him, they are what worries me more. Crazy people living in this country that are comfortable with a person of Trump’s character leading the nation as POTUS, they keep me up at night.

He was objectionable and a liar before the election and he remains that now. The Republicans can’t keep their dog on a short leash to restrain him, his mouth, and his tweets says a lot about them as well.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:49 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,292,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
they keep me up at night.
Ooh, that's rough. You people don't keep me up one second despite all the lies and uncivility and violence from the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.