Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Doesn't matter to them. CNN these days is gospel to liberals. It is the new MSNBC.

As I said before. CNN is only watched by Trump haters. Much like the failing Mexican owned blog called the NY Times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 06:25 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,791 times
Good morning, everyone! I see our left wing zombies are bleating like fetal pigs as usual.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
A correction should have accompanied CNN's retraction... with an explanation on how and why the original story failed the meet CNN's nebulous "editorial standards".
Indeed.
  • They made a blatantly wrong accusation against Trump based on a single unverified source.
  • Published it as fact and suggested the President was in collusion with the Russians in a Pay for Play scheme.
  • Pulled the story once Breitbart called them out on it.
  • Didn't publish a retraction or anything else. Link to story was a redirect.
  • Was forced to print a "disclaimer" once called out by Buzzfeed
It was yet another on Trump by a CNN reporter. It was not "just a mistake" because of the way it was handled.

The "journalist" responsible for that article should come out and say he was wrong to publish it. But they never do this. And they complain because they no longer get to sit in the front of the press briefings.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:27 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
As I said before. CNN is only watched by Trump haters. Much like the failing Mexican owned blog called the NY Times.

Speaking for myself, I read/watch several different ones including Reuters, and BBC.

Do Trump supporters ONLY watch Faux and read the National Enquirer?

Old 06-24-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

Do Trump supporters ONLY watch Faux and read the National Enquirer?
Hmm nope.

I said many times I don't have a cable subscription so I don't watch ANY cable news. You ought to take lesson from that. The only time I see the National Enquirer is at the check out line of the grocery store. And I will say, just based on that, that even they seem to have higher standards these days than CNN.

So yet again, you are wrong.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:37 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:
Hmm nope.

I said many times I don't have a cable subscription so I don't watch ANY cable news. You ought to take lesson from that. The only time I see the National Enquirer is at the check out line of the grocery store. And I will say, just based on that, that even they seem to have higher standards these days than CNN.

So yet again, you are wrong.
If you don't watch CNN or read the NYTs then how can you criticize them? Do you just get your opinions about CNN and the NYTs from right-wing blogs?

Old 06-24-2017, 08:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Much like the failing Mexican owned blog called the NY Times.
Ding, ding, ding! If only I had a dime for every time you used this phrase.

This speaks for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If you don't watch CNN or read the NYTs then how can you criticize them? Do you just get your opinions about CNN and the NYTs from right-wing blogs?
They are in the daily talking points per Russkie troll factory #9.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:02 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
I should not worry about the 'failing' New York Times. Their online subscription rate has had impressive growth, and Carlos Slim Helu, the Mexican national that owns 17 percent of the company, is cited by Bloomberg as being the sixth wealthiest man in the world, with an estimated 57 billion dollars. President Trump? Bloomberg estimates around 3 billion. Not chump change by any means, but not the vast wealth of others.

Trump says NYT 'failing' -- but stock up 30% since election - Mar. 29, 2017

Old 06-24-2017, 10:57 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Why is that the trolls always come back with the same old one size fits all attack? Desperation? Trying to inflame fir a buck? Sick. I watch Fox, I watch CNN, I watch MSNBC, I watch local news. I watch them all. Yep I've even read Breitbart. There are elements of truth laced in between the crap in all of them. In order to get a good perspective you have to understand the crap as well as the truth. CNN is not 100% accurate and the retraction was honorable. I've yet to see a retraction in Beitbart. Has anyone seen one that I've missed? Are any of us 100% accurate? Mistakes are made. The honorable own up and admit it. The rest wallow in the crap. I wonder if the more reliable a news source is, the more it is attacked by the trolls to deflect away from the truth? That just makes sense to me.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
... CNN is not 100% accurate and the retraction was honorable....
Honorable? Nope.

They printed a story that basically accused the President of the United States of a treasonable offense, without any proof or even validation of the single anonymous source they based it on.

They only pulled it when called out on it, and then it took another outfit to call them out before they even acknowledged there was even a wrong story.

They have turned themselves into a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies