Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 02:51 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times

Advertisements

Lets face it guys. Defending Hillary and defending CNN is a guaranteed loser. Only losers would attempt it.

Meanwhile in the winners circle where high standards are the norm, the facts are being discussed.

Number one and the top of the list is "we're not tired of winning yet".

Stay positive and keep winning is the best message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 02:54 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
What a SAD response.

The only mud that needs to be washed off is the mud and stains being left by Trump and his Trumpists on the face of American democracy.
I take it you haven't watched the video. Or don't want to. Trump was proved 100% correct about the lies being told by CNN. You just have name calling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdP8TiKY8dE

Old 06-27-2017, 03:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
LOL...try again:

Cable news primetime ratings in April: Fox News, CNN, MSNBC - Business Insider

DOWN 200k from April they are #3 in primetime ratings (998,000 viewers) behind MSNBC (1,564,000).

Oh and Fox is at 2,441,000 viewers.
Your article states Fox went down also, so it is simply ratings dipped in general, which is usually for a reason.

You are taking the same short-sighted view the president does.

The ratings in general and compared to last year are up.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
This whole to do is really quite amusing.

The people pushing it the hardest, including our liar in chief, actually repeat comments from Infowars and other fake news sources. Ironic.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I take it you haven't watched the video. Or don't want to. Trump was proved 100% correct about the lies being told by CNN. You just have name calling.
I did watch it. I saw John Bonifield, a supervising producer on CNN's Health unit, give his opinion on the Russian story.

I also saw that American Pravda is a Jame O'Keefe enterprise. O'Keefe a man who has absolutely no credibility in the real world, except for those in this forum who like to get their news from InfoWars and Breitbart.

From Wiki:

Quote:
O'Keefe and colleagues were arrested in New Orleans in January 2010 and charged with entering federal property under false pretenses with the intent of committing a felony, at the office of United States Senator Mary Landrieu, a Democrat. His three fellow activists, who were dressed as telephone repairmen when apprehended, included Robert Flanagan, the son of William Flanagan, acting U.S. Attorney of the Eastern District of Louisiana.The four men were charged with malicious intent to damage the phone system. O'Keefe stated that he had entered Landrieu's office to investigate complaints that she was ignoring phone calls from constituents during the debate over President Barack Obama's health care bill.
The charges in the case were reduced from a felony to a single misdemeanor count of entering a federal building under false pretenses.[66][67] O'Keefe and the others pleaded guilty on May 26. O'Keefe was sentenced to three years' probation, 100 hours of community service and a $1,500 fine. The other three men received lesser sentences
In August 2013, O'Keefe revisited the incident by releasing a video entitled: "a confrontation with former U.S. Attorney Jim Letten on the campus of Tulane University". Letten is a former Republican U.S. Attorney General in 2010 who recused himself from the Landrieu incident because he knew the father of one of the men involved. The video shows Letten accusing O'Keefe of "terrorizing" Letten's wife at their home, of harassing him, and trespassing on the Tulane campus. He called O'Keefe a "coward" and a "spud", and referred to O'Keefe and his companions as "hobbits" and "scum".

Old 06-27-2017, 03:16 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's never hurt FOX News, but when lying is all you do, no one will be punished for it.
Was that supposed to be some sort of attack? If you pay attention to what I type, I don't support Fox, either. I haven't supported them in years.

So, what now? You did realize this thread is about CNN and not FOX, right? If you want to start a thread about FOX News and their lies, proceed to do so. I'll join you.

Tucker Carlson is fun to watch because he makes idiotic liberals look like the idiots that they are by letting them talk.

Sean Hannity...if he can pull off the Seth Rich thing...I'll support him.

The rest of Fox News...I don't even watch it.

Anyway, this thread is about CNN. Try to stay on topic, and have a clue who you're talking to before you send out your so called "big guns" to attack. It just makes you look really dumb.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes indeed, this should tell people something. i.e. They all drummed up fake news about Russia.
Or it could be there is no new information so they aren't covering it.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Classy comment by Scaramucci. Nothing classy about CNN. The fact is, they really didn't have a choice if they wanted to avoid being slapped with a lawsuit.
I'm impressed with Scaramucci. I think he must be buddies with someone at CNN. The story went up -- and it came down with a very quick apology to Scaramucci and then this statement from him.

He's a fine example for all.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:18 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
"CNN did the right thing. Classy move. Apology accepted," Scaramucci tweeted the next morning. "Everyone makes mistakes. Moving on."
What a perfect learning opportunity.

When you make an accusation you can't back up, you retract it, apologize, and the other person accepts your apology.

Now lets see Trump try it.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:29 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by listener2307 View Post
fail.

His approval rating is the same as it was the day he was elected. 42%
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-5493.html
40.2%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies