Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 05:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times

Advertisements

Who was President when Russia was supposedly tampering with our election? He needs to be held responsible for anything that occurred on his watch. Or does he get a mulligan to go with his pre-emptive Nobel Prize?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 05:34 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,487,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
They didn't the bill was voted down by your GOP party. Serving the USSR since 2017. At least Obama passed sanctions Trump invited Russia to infiltrate us.
Dude I support sanctions.... have you noticed I've been asking what ADDITIONALLY we can do to retaliate? Or have you been too distracted by the lack of insults in the same sentence as "Trump" to actually follow the discussion in earnest. Come on, don't be "that" stereotype about the party. People like you give Dems like me a bad name.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:36 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Did he pass a sanctions bill before he left office? Yes. maybe research more, post less?
Do you mean the sanctions that Trump is defending against the Senate bill?

You can't have it both ways.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Do you mean the sanctions that Trump is defending against the Senate bill?

You can't have it both ways.
Which sanctions are you talking about? The last bill about sanctions I heard about was the one the Senate passed specifically barring Trump from easing sanctions. Not trying to be "cute".. I just really don't know what other sanctions bill you're referring to.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:42 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Which sanctions are you talking about? The last bill about sanctions I heard about was the one the Senate passed specifically barring Trump from easing sanctions. Not trying to be "cute".. I just really don't know what other sanctions bill you're referring to.
Ask the party I was responding to.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ask the party I was responding to.
Ok.... so moving forward.... I sincerely hope everyone is now on the same page and will properly deal with this Russia issue.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:57 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
No 'appearance' to it. Trump complains that Obama didn't do anything about the 'Russian meddling'. If I complained that you did't cut my hair right, its understood you did cut my hair. Trump knows Russia got him elected.

Of course that is old news at this point. Pretty much everyone has known that for a while now.

Russia opened peoples eyes about Hillary. Democrats stayed at home and forgotten Americans voted for Trump.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:15 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
I personally think the collusion investigation is a sham. So I don't think that should go anywhere. I also thought that about Benghazi, and in both cases I think it's a waste of time and resources but putting up with this **** is kind of the reason these people get to write books/give speeches that makes millions of dollars later on. It's part of the job.

On the topic of what to do about Russia, which is what I am concerned about, I honestly don't know. They are such pests... how many more times can you sanction a country? I sure as heck don't want a nuclear war but, what, are we supposed to forget about it and let them keep doing this every election cycle - always trying to prop up the weaker or most Russian-friendly candidate (rhetorical question - not aimed at you)? This time it didn't work, but next time it could work and it could give us another George W., Nixon, or whoever it is conservatives see as their party's pariah.
We do the same thing! We have tried to influence elections around the world, and Russia has been at it awhile too. If there's no collusion, then the investigation should be turned into a bipartisan commission on how to vamp up security. And the only thing that had any influence (besides the media) was the Wikileaks, which may or may not have been the Russians, and the DNC server wasn't secured. Even my office has better security. Emails like Podesta opened would have been quarantined on our server before I ever saw it.

The media had far more influence on the election. You may have even won if they hadn't convinced so many people Hillary had it in the bag.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
We do the same thing! We have tried to influence elections around the world, and Russia has been at it awhile too. If there's no collusion, then the investigation should be turned into a bipartisan commission on how to vamp up security. And the only thing that had any influence was the Wikileaks, which may or may not have been the Russians, and the DNC server wasn't secured. Even my office has better security. Emails like Podesta opened would have been quarantined on our server before I ever saw it.
Yeah, and we should stop that because we're reaping what we sow. I don't like any of it. But like I said in a previous post, if a country bombs us, you're not gonna say, "We do that in other countries too so I better not complain because it's hypocritical." You'd be angry, and you'd try to figure out how to prevent it from happening again.

I don't know if email security would've necessarily prevented this type of high level or high skilled attack. What companies HAVEN'T been hacked over the last few years? My company has extremely tight security and we were hacked too! For all we know the RNC was hacked but no one talked about it. I absolutely think there should be a bipartisan commission on how to increase our security.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:43 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Yeah, and we should stop that because we're reaping what we sow. I don't like any of it. But like I said in a previous post, if a country bombs us, you're not gonna say, "We do that in other countries too so I better not complain because it's hypocritical." You'd be angry, and you'd try to figure out how to prevent it from happening again.

I don't know if email security would've necessarily prevented this type of high level or high skilled attack. What companies HAVEN'T been hacked over the last few years? My company has extremely tight security and we were hacked too! For all we know the RNC was hacked but no one talked about it. I absolutely think there should be a bipartisan commission on how to increase our security.
The RNC server was reviewed after the DNC leaks, and they found one hack may have occurred on an old computer not hooked up to the server. There was attempted hacking, but the RNC server was never successfully hacked. James Comey testified about this in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies