Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in most states, if you want to get a concealed carry permit, you have to go through several hours of classes, and then go to the range and shoot a certain minimum score according to state law.

And my rights under GOD, allow me to bear arms, without permission of man, or men... Now a pretty woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 06:52 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
[quote=BentBow;48618066]And my rights under GOD, allow me to bear arms, without permission of man, or men... Now a pretty woman?[/QUOTE]

She might want to see your legs too. Don't do it its a trap.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I wonder if she will look down the barrel and test it to see if it works ? Living the Dream !!!
More violent rhetoric from the conservative faction.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And my rights under GOD, allow me to bear arms, without permission of man, or men... Now a pretty woman?
Quote:
She might want to see your legs too. Don't do it its a trap.

She can look at my 3rd knee, all she wants. It may lock-up.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:00 PM

I just saw Congressman Brooks interviewed. He introduced the bill.

He made a reasonable case saying : congressmen have become high profile targets. 30 congressmen have had some kind of violent encounters since May. I don't know if that's true or not.

Trump supporters could make the same claim, maybe, I don't know about the numbers.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:15 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm serious. Where in the Constitution can Congress give itself special gun rights that circumvent state laws? I don't think they can do it constitutionally.
Lawyers can do anything. You read the constitution and a herd of lawyers can read the same sentence and after 10 years of appeals and reversals come to a different conclusion.

For instance, if some lawyer told you, you can keep your doctor, period. Meaning with out qualification to the stated declaration, you'd think okay, I understand that. But you would be wrong.

Ever wonder why DC is not a state or belongs to a state?

Ever wonder why legislators could until very recently, invest using insider information? Obama relaxed some of those restrictions to muddy the waters.

They need to move DC to Maine.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:49 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
Yes - but we have to qualify on an approved police qualification course periodically with every single gun we carry. How many concealed carriers routinely pass a qualification course with whatever they are carrying?

Heck - how many concealed carriers have ever qualified with whatever they are carrying?
This depends on the agency retired from and states/agencies have different requirements based on interpretation of HR218 . I wish it were easier for people to navigate and some agencies make it difficult on the retirees. I am retired from one state and live in another but I qualify annually with the same style weapon I carry - semi auto. If I were to carry a revolver I think I would have to also qualify with that. But I have several semi autos and only qualify with the one that requires the least mag changes at my annual. LOL. The county sheriff requires a retiree to qualify with a certified instructor and for them to use at least the BU pistol course of fire.

I would love for this to pass because as someone else said I am all for constitution carry. They have to start somewhere. I would think they still would have to follow the rules of whatever state they visit just like the LEOSA requirements.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:23 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Anyone should be allowed to carry with no permission slip required

Old 06-24-2017, 08:38 PM

18,717 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Quote:
I just saw Congressman Brooks interviewed. He introduced the bill.

He made a reasonable case saying : congressmen have become high profile targets.
What about the rest of us who might get shot?

Is there some reason why we should NOT be afforded the same rights as congressmen?

Not all of us can live in gated communities and have a butler do our shopping for us.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
What about the rest of us who might get shot?

Is there some reason why we should NOT be afforded the same rights as congressmen ?

Not all of us can live in gated communities and have a butler do our shopping for us.
Darn it !!! I knew I was missing something. I'm glad you pointed that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies