Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:37 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He is saving $59K in Massachusetts and $84k in Florida. That is every year. More than enough to pay for his health care, which I'm he doesn't have to. Most full time employees have insurance provided by their employer. And it is more than enough to cover college. At his salary, he can afford a house in the best school system in either state, so private school would not be a necessity.
And if he has a major illness so he can't work and loses his insurance? It can happen to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 11:52 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
And if he has a major illness so he can't work and loses his insurance? It can happen to anyone.
I don't know about him, but I have disability insurance. It covers 60% of my salary, but I pay no tax on it.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't know about him, but I have disability insurance. It covers 60% of my salary, but I pay no tax on it.
Very wise to have. Well we'll never see eye to eye on what's better quality of life - for me its being able to afford to live well while having the security that no matter what goes wrong in life I'm always going to able to afford the essentials and won't have to worry about my children struggling either. For you its about being able to earn more money.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:21 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Norway has much higher taxes than Finland and a much higher cost of living. You're still not thinking about what you gain from taxes though - how much is that person in Massachusetts or Florida paying for healthcare? Saving for children's college or paying back their own loans? Are they paying for private school because of bad local schools?
Really? The COL is similar or maybe even lower in Norway if you factor in the higher wages.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:24 AM

Forgot to factor in higher wages

Old 07-13-2017, 12:29 AM

304 posts, read 324,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, Europeans are superior in every way to Americans. But keep pretending otherwise.
What about Dental care? Those crooked teeth don't scream #1 to me.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:44 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
What about Dental care? Those crooked teeth don't scream #1 to me.
There are plenty of Americans with horrible teeth. And I'm not talking about crooked teeth, necessarily, which is something a person has no control over (yes, they can get braces, but not everyone can afford that/wants to afford that). I'm talking about basic hygiene and a healthy lifestyle. Eating a good diet, limited or no soda, limited sugar, NO tobacco, limited alcohol, and good oral hygiene. Easy stuff, right? But it is amazing the number of Americans who are oblivious to these practices.

Besides, if the provision of basic healthcare isn't a priority in this country, then it shouldn't be a surprise that basic dental care isn't a priority, either.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:41 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Uncontrolled invasion of the 3rd world into Europe...could it cause people to want to come to America?
[SIZE=4]It just may come to pass that the peaceful take over in Europe is happening already. Belgium has 22 Muslim Mayors. look at Britain too.

How the British have passively succumbed to the Muslim invasion:

Mayor of London ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Birmingham ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Leeds ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Blackburn ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Sheffield ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Oxford ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Luton ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Oldham ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Rockdale ... MUSLIM
Over 3,000 Muslim Mosques
Over 130 Muslim Sharia Courts
Over 50 Muslim Sharia Councils
Muslims-Only No-Go Areas Across The UK
Muslim Women ... 78% don't work and are on FREE benefits/housing
Muslim Men ... 63% don't work and are on FREE benefits/housing
Muslim Families ... 6-8 children planning to go on FREE benefits/housing
... and now all UK schools are ONLY serving HALAL MEAT!

All this achieved by just 4 million Muslims out of the 66 million population!
[/SIZE]

Old 07-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Americans, in general, have worse oral health than Brits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies