Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:43 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I don't remember one Obama picture feasting on Ramadan dinner. If he was so proud of it, why can't we see them? Where was Jim Acosta?
Geeze.

Ever heard of Google?

Just a simple search: https://www.google.com/search?biw=96...Sh0d-FO4XgIaM:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 09:47 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Help me out please. I see the word "snowflake" all over this forum, and I have no idea what it means. What does it mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Snowflakes were born on November 9, 2016, the morning President Trump officially became The President of the United States. The Liberals were given this name because of their "delicate condition" of crying and being in shock that Hillary LOST! They were given condolences and multiple offers of hot chocolate and squeezeable-huggy-bears to cuddle with afterwards. They still have not recovered 7 months later and have not accepted Trump as their President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Thanks. Sometimes the term is used in a racist context. Does it still refer to Democrats?
https://thinkprogress.org/all-the-sp...s-aaf1a922f37b

"That was redefined in May of 2016 as “an overly sensitive person, incapable of dealing with any opinions that differ from their own."
_________

I first heard the word 'snowflake' in the t.v. series Prison Break, where the character Michael Scofield, was called a snowflake by another inmate.

imo, it is over used, like wow, i just heard and i must use this new word in a sentence ...

Old 06-25-2017, 09:47 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Actually we don't have a lot of Muslim citizens. Less then 4 million. He didn't say he was going to be rude. He simply said he wasn't going to be hosting their dinner. That's great. I don't want him wasting my tax dollars on feeding this special interest group. If your feelings are so strong about this maybe you could step up to the plate and host it yourself, eh?
And I don't want him wasting my tax dollars going on vacation every single weekend. That takes much more time and money than hosting one dinner that has been a tradition of the White House for a long time. But since the dinner is not all about him, he is doing away with it also.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:49 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Finally a President who understands you don't mix religion and government.

Trump breaks with tradition, forgoes Ramadan dinner | TheHill
To continue the tradition would be a show of respect.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:53 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densi52 View Post
Weird how so many matters of "America First" all seem to be on a golf course.
Weird how short of a memory you have.
Obama golfing was a constant source of material for cartoonists!

Old 06-25-2017, 10:30 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If that is the case, Trump must decline Christmas, and also decline the religion that brought him and his family a lot of wealth, especially in NYC. He must decline Passover, Purim Yom Kippur, Roshashanna and Chanukah. Those holidays are like state holidays up here in New York. If anything, his people will have a fit if he does not light a Christmas tree, or a menorah. As for me, I believe in separation of church and state, I would not have religious ornamentation on government property.
This is a silly request because birthdays are linked to the birth of love and peace
Christ is the symbol of love and peace
While Muslim holidays are a symbol of hatred and terrorism
I believe that the majority of the American people believe in birth
Muslims are a minority and can not equate them with the majority in everything
Islam is an abnormal phenomenon in the American body
That's why I say it's a ridiculous request

Old 06-25-2017, 10:34 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,033 times
Fantastic Mr Trump
The mushroom dinner at the White House is free propaganda for Islam
I believe that Muslims do not break the love and peace, but they break the curse of the people of the book of the Jews and Christians and the unbelievers

Old 06-25-2017, 11:14 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Good for him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Good for Trump. Thank God for Trump he is setting a high bar for a government. The gold standard. Not since Reagan have we had a POTUS with backbone and balls.
Yes, good for him, indeed. But we could have done without the clearly PC-induced celebratory statement.

That would have never happened but for the daily pummeling he has had to endure from the unhinged left since he announced he was running, and especially upon taking office. It's easy to understand his feeling the need to throw a few bones out to the great unwashed in an attempt to keep some semblance of peace in the streets, though that is a slippery slope with the tragic ending we see in Europe

Still, forgoing the dinner is a big step in the right direction.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:35 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would not have the dinner, nor any celebration of any religion I am not part of. I think it is strange for people to celebrate religious occasions that are not of their own religion.
Plenty of Jews in NYC celebrate Christmas.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:43 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would not have the dinner, nor any celebration of any religion I am not part of. I think it is strange for people to celebrate religious occasions that are not of their own religion.
I think its the right thing to do for the leader of a country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies